News: New I-90 for those who never received card or received card with incorrect info

pralay

Registered Users (C)
From Oh Law Firm website (http://www.immigration-law.com/)

09/08/2005: Effective 09/07/2005, USCIS Changes Procedure for Correction of Plastic Green Card or for Reissuance of Undelivered Green Card

• USCIS has announced the following changes to the Form I-90 filing process to correct previous USCIS errors on an expedited basis without charging applicants an additional filing fee. USCIS will apply this process to errors in production and delivery of permanent resident cards, including those received through the immigrant visa process. Because USCIS' current systems for permanent resident card replacement cannot accommodate these changes, an alternative process has been established for the benefit of customers affected by a USCIS error. All applicants filing a Form I-90 (Application to Replace a Permanent Resident Card) with Application Reason "b" (My card was never received) or "d" (My authorized card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error) under Part 2, Section 2 of the I-90 application, should follow these guidelines in order to receive expedited processing without paying additional fees:
    • Form I-90 with Application Reason "b" (My card was never received) - Applicants must mail their I-90 applications with supporting documentation to the USCIS Service Center or National Benefits Center (NBC) that processed the application that led to the most recent permanent resident card. The addresses for these centers are shown at the end of this announcement. In addition to the I-90 application, applicants are encouraged to send a copy of the I-797 (Notice of Action) issued for the application that led to the most recent issuance of the permanent resident card. Fee(s) - None. Please note that I-90 applications submitted with Application Reason "b" do NOT require the $70.00 biometrics fee or the base application fee. Applicants who have moved from the address last provided to USCIS in the application process that led to the permanent resident card, or who had provided an incorrect address to USCIS in that process, may not use this special replacement process and must file an I-90 using the normal process with filing fee and biometric fee.
    • Form I-90 with Application Reason "d" (My authorized card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error) - Applicants must mail their I-90 applications with supporting documentation to the USCIS Service Center or National Benefits Center (NBC) that processed the application that led to the most recent permanent resident card. The addresses for these centers are shown at the end of this announcement. In addition to the new I-90 application, applicants are required to send the original I-551 card containing incorrect information, and documentation that supports the requested correction. Fee(s) - None. Please note that I-90 applications submitted with Application Reason "d" do NOT require the $70.00 biometrics fee or the base application fee. USCIS will confirm that the information on the permanent resident card is not consistent with the application that led to the permanent resident card; and if no inconsistency is found, USCIS will reject the request for free replacement. Applicants seeking to correct a card based on applicant error must file an I-90 using the normal process with filing fee and biometrics fee.
  • Effective September 7, 2005, applicants who file an I-90 Application to Replace a Permanent Resident Card using Application Reason "b" or "d" should NOT file their applications via the Direct Mail Program or the e-Filing system. All I-90 applicants, with Application Reasons other than "b" and "d," shall continue to file their applications via the Direct Mail Program or the e-Filing system, with appropriate fees.
  • NOTE: There may be applicants who filed a Form I-90 with Application Reason "b" or "d" on or after May 31, 2005, who are eligible for a refund. If the payment for your I-90 application with Application Reason "b" or "d" filed on or after May 31, 2005 has already been processed by the USCIS, where the error was determined to be a USCIS error, you may request a refund by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center. If the payment for your I-90 application with Application Reason "b" or "d" filed on or after May 31, 2005 has not been processed by the USCIS, where appropriate, your payment will be returned to you and USCIS will forward your I-90 application to the appropriate Service Center for processing. If you filed an I-90 application with Application Reason "b" or "d" on or after May 31, 2005 without payment, USCIS will forward your I-90 application to the appropriate Service Center for processing.
  • The following addresses should be used by applicants mailing their I-90 applications with supporting documentation to the USCIS Service Center or National Benefits Center (NBC) that processed the application that led to the most recent permanent resident card:
    • California Service Center, Attn: I-90 "b" or "d", P.O. Box 10090, Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1009
    • Texas Service Center, Attn: I-90 "b" or "d", P.O. Box 851983, Mesquite, TX 75185-1983
    • National Benefits Center, Attn: I-551 Corrections, 705B SE Melody Lane, Box 2000, Lee's Summit, MO 64063
    • Nebraska Service Center, Attn: I-90 "b" or "d", PO Box 87090, Lincoln, NE 68501-7090
    • Vermont Service Center, Attn: I-90 "b" or "d", 75 Lower Welden Street, St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

Quick question

so was not this before? you were able to use I-90 to replace your GC or get one if it was never recieved? Also I got approved and stamped at Charlotte, so should I send the I-90 to TSC or Charlotte sicne I has not received it yet?

Thanks,
Spartakus

spartakus said:
so was not this before? you were able to use I-90 to replace your GC or get one if it was never recieved? Also I got approved and stamped at Charlotte, so should I send the I-90 to TSC or Charlotte sicne I has not received it yet?
------------------- if your service center was TSC and file was trasfred to Charlotte for interview then send it to:
Texas Service Center, Attn: I-90 "b" or "d", P.O. Box 851983, Mesquite, TX 75185-1983

Few questions please

Hi all,

1. In 'My status' in Part 2 in the I-90 application, it says
a. Permanent Resident (Not a commuter) and there is b which is Permanent Resident (Commuter) commuter means somebody who lives outside USA for long periods of time? For me I live in the USA and never left it since I came in.

2. In part 3 it asks for 'City Of Residence where you applied for an immigrant Visa or Adjustment of Status'. What does that mean? Where I lived when I applied for AOS?

3. For initial evidence, should I send a photo copy of the personal page in the passport and the I-551 stamp on the passport? Is that enough?

4. I am sending applications for my wife, my daughter and myself, should I send them separately or in the same envelope?

Thanks,
Spartakus

Few questions please

Hi all,

a. Permanent Resident (Not a commuter) and there is b which is Permanent Resident (Commuter) commuter means somebody who lives outside USA for long periods of time? For me I live in the USA and never left it since I came in.

2. In part 3 it asks for 'City Of Residence where you applied for an immigrant Visa or Adjustment of Status'. What does that mean? Where I lived when I applied for AOS?

3. For initial evidence, should I send a photo copy of the personal page in the passport and the I-551 stamp on the passport? Is that enough?

4. I am sending applications for my wife, my daughter and myself, should I send them separately or in the same envelope?

Thanks,
Spartakus

Original 551 card

Hi All,

I am also victim of USCIS errors. I have received incoreect card on 15 Aug 05. I submitted I-90 form electronically on 22 Aug 05 with $70 fee thru credit card. Received receipt notification. But I did not send any evidence of supporting documents or original green card (I-551), because when I applied no need to submit. But I have to show when I go to ASC office. I applied myself. I didnot use lawyer.

But the recent INS notification or memo talking about sending evidence of supporting documents or original green card (I-551) to service center along with I90 apllication.

Questions:
1. I read somewhere that NBC will send already filed I90 application to respective service centers, So Do I have to send a copy of receipt and applications to service center or NBC will take care of it??
2. If I have to send, what are the evidence of supporting documents I need to send to service center.
3. Do I have to send incorrect original green card (I-551) or submit at ASC when I go for Biometric.
4. Any evidence that, How long process takes get Biometric appointment?

Please answer me

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
All good questions BUT no one seems to know the answers. I guess for those of us who already applied we wait for the Biometric Appointment and bring things with us. This memo just went into effect so those applying in September would follow new rules. It would be very difficult to send any documents and have them meet up with your application wherever the hell it may be now. Unless we are told we need to refile everything I will wait for the appointment for awhile and see what happens.

spartakus said:
Hi all,

----------- you will tick a.
2. In part 3 it asks for 'City Of Residence where you applied for an immigrant Visa or Adjustment of Status'. What does that mean?
Where I lived when I applied for AOS?
----------YES
----------- it depends on reason of filing I-90, if you all never got Cards then send copy of I-485 approval notice, copy of DL or state ID, copy of passport page with name DOB and I-551 stamp page of the passport
** if you had mistake on Card then write on cover letter what is the mistake and submit any document that has correct info.
-------------- Make each I-90 package separate by clip if send in same envelope or send them separately
Thanks,
Spartakus