News just in - on 485 processing times

pceefan

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone

My lawyer says she attended a Lawyers association meeting with the INS today. INS has promised to clear all 2001-485 pending cases in the next 2-4 weeks

All means that all cases with a ND till end Dec 2001. So I guess all cases with WAC-02-075 should get cleared according to her.

request members on this forum to check with their lawyers whether
1) there was such a meeting at all
2) whether these dates mentioned by my lawyer were actually promised

Something to cheer at the start of another excruciatingly painful, waiting, worthless week.

pceefan

it will be more believable to say 2-4 "years" :D

thanks for the good news anyway :)

I think she referred to case WAC-01-xxx-xxxxx, not year 2001 case. For case after Oct. 2001, are treated as year 2002 case.
I hope I'm wrong.

Originally posted by pceefan
INS has promised to clear all 2001-485 pending cases in the next 2-4 weeks

All means that all cases with a ND till end Dec 2001.

I think by "all 2001-485 pending cases", they mean financial 2001 (ND till end Sep 2001).

Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very Very very very very very hard to believe.

What more can I say?

another snippet

while (48==48) {
scanf("Enter your WAC# please: %s", WAC#);
if (Nov01<WAC#<Dec01)
printf("impossible to process in the near 1 year\n");
else {
if (Sep01<WAC#<Nov01)
printf("Wait some 6-8 months more");
else
printf("You are fucked@:-(");
}
}

This estimate sounds very reasonable to me.
All 01-xxx cases (that is filed before Oct 1st, 2001) can be accomplished within a month since there are not a lot of them. Perhaps, they have been already doing this, since the only approval we saw on this board was from this category.

And what about TSC? Those mother kissers haven't yet started processing 2001 cases. Kinda hard to believe they will clear that humongous backlog in 2-4 weeks, or months for that matter.

well, it makes for interesting speculation, since there is nothing else going on at CSC

interesting trend.....why is it always whenever CSC decides they are going to get off their backside....they always say "in 2-4 weeks"

Sounds true .....

Hi,

I talked to my lawyer yesterday. He said that CSC has a plan to clear up 485 cases if fingerprinting is about to expire. He has been telling me to inform his office when one year from Fingerprinting is up so that he can follow up and get them to work on the case. (YES, THATS WHAT HE SAID!!!!). He says that it is expensive for INS (or whatever they call it now) to get another set of fingerprinting from FBI, so they might as well work on such cases.

I trust my lawyer. He is very professional. He has never withheld anything from me about my case and also has dealt in a professional manner regarding my AC21 change. SO I HAVE EVERY REASON TO BELIEVE HIM.

While we are on the issue, my EAD will expire in July 2003 and he has applied for the second cards in February first week. Yesterday he confirmed that he has recieved the receipt for the same. HE SAID THAT EVEN IF INS DONT SEND RECEIPT, THEY(lawyers) HAVE MEANS TO GET HOLD OF WAC######### AND WE STILL BE ABLE TO GET iEAD AFTER 90 DAYS.

So lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Cheers.

Cool pceefan and brokenarrow thanks for sharing the info, make me feel a lot better.

Looks like the ray of light is visible at the end of tunnel.

Originally posted by RM_CSC
Looks like the ray of light is visible at the end of tunnel.

I'd like to requote Tasse. The ray of light is a train full of illegal immigrants.

Based on what Brokenarrow said in his 2 posts, there appear to be two different communications by his lawyer. 1) That CSC will approve cases to the end of 2001 (whatever that means, i.e. 01 cases or calander year) and 2) that CSC will approve cases with fingerprints expiring (i.e. 12-15 months). (The latter point would have cases that are in the Jan-Mar time frame as well.)

While the information is encouraging, there is 2 different communications and some conufusion as to specifically what CSC purportedly is going to do. As he mentioned in his post, apparantly there was a meeting with CSC and "a Lawyers association" AILA?

Can others on this board please contact your lawyer to shed some light on this. I have emailed mine and will post the response when I get it.

Hey the meeting is called as the "Liason meeting", and that is with CSC every month.

I've been trying to follow this meeting details since january.

In Dec. they said, freeze is over.
In Jan. they said, yea it's over, but we haven't started approving yet, but we will soon.
In Feb. no news on any website.
In Mar. They said .. (what is being discussed here).

If you come to think of it, there is a little ring of truth to whatever they've been saying. Plus, as I had mentioned in another thread, that the special registration and TPS things are over, so hopefully now 485's will start.

Though, expecting every FP expiring case to get approved in 2-4 weeks in unrealistic. I think in April we will see a kickup in speed, but don't be too let down if it doesn't match the very high expectations in this thread.