News but it ain't good

manojvig said:
Ok guys, I am back.

Spoke with attorny to get the details of RFE(still trying to get copy of RFE notice).

It is not about education eval. :D

They need my 2001, 2002,2003 w2 forms .

Gurus (Jharkhandi,HMD,Karns and every one else, plz comment on these points)

A. DO YOU GUYS THINK IT IS AN EASY ONE?

B. My attorny said that since you were not employed by company in 2001 (I joined them in 2002 jan 1st), so he will get original guy's W2 from the company along with my w2 for me (for 2002 and 2003).

C.I told him that there is a difference of around 3000-6000 bucks in my w2 for 2003 and 2002 as i was on vacation (I have vacation letters) but he says that does not matter.

D. Is it possible that they may generate another RFE after this one or it is done?

Would appriciate coments from you guys

First of all - you punk.

Now answers:

B. Your lawyer knows his job - he is doing right thing. That is to be done to show financial ability.
C. Very true. Your lawyer is right again.
D. No guarantee, but not very likely.

Now for A. You will tell us after 4-6 weeks.

Still I will repeat take RFEs seriously. Keep in touch with your lawyer on the issue and try to get all relevant financial documents to USCIS. I think your lawyer is good at his job. Cheer up - you are almost there.

I got to know the RFE from my lawyer and it is on my educational evaluation. Somehow the officer at the CIS thinks that I have only 3-year degree which is not equivalent to BS in US. Actually I do have a 4-year Engineering degree with Electronics and Communication Engineering as my specialization.
CIS has the following documents with them already in regards to my education.
1. My degree certificate
2. My transcripts - covering all the 8-semesters in one page.

My lawyer asked me if I have the individual transcripts for all the semesters. I do have those in India but not here. At the end of my degree the university issued a Transcript covering all the semesters at the front page and description of all the subjects I had taken at the back side of the transcript.
When I enquired my classmates/friends they told me that they did not attach other document any different than mine.

Anybody in similar situation to share with me?

Jharkhandi,

thx for your input,Attorny is good but bit closed, he thinks that he needs just w2 and will send it to USCIS, I guess I must leave him alone now else........ would be in touch with thim though.

once again, thx a lot folks....hope my employer would not delay this process now as he has ball in hi court now.

hopefully.

manojvig said:
Ok guys, I am back.

Spoke with attorny to get the details of RFE(still trying to get copy of RFE notice).

It is not about education eval. :D

They need my 2001, 2002,2003 w2 forms .

Gurus (Jharkhandi,HMD,Karns and every one else, plz comment on these points)

A. DO YOU GUYS THINK IT IS AN EASY ONE?

B. My attorny said that since you were not employed by company in 2001 (I joined them in 2002 jan 1st), so he will get original guy's W2 from the company along with my w2 for me (for 2002 and 2003).

C.I told him that there is a difference of around 3000-6000 bucks in my w2 for 2003 and 2002 as i was on vacation (I have vacation letters) but he says that does not matter.

D. Is it possible that they may generate another RFE after this one or it is done?

Would appriciate coments from you guys

Boy you created big hue and cry or what.. i have known your case for more than 6 months now..

i think everybody should remember this

"ASSUMPTION IS MOTHER OF ALL FUC**UPS"

only that in this case it is a not a screw up..

No news as of today

I am surprised as my lawyer says he has not got any mail from CIS and you guys seem to have it (Manoj, Devdoss). Hmmmm.. Does the CIS mail a courtesy copy of RFE to employer as I have a better chance of getting info from him than my esteemed lawyer. I just hope it is not one of those sent to DOL types...

Yeppo

Sorry guys, i know i got tensed and cried loud..

I am sorry once again...but u guys have been wondrull.

thx, hopefully things would be better from here.

Yeppo, plz let me know abt ur RFE also.

take care

haven't got my RFE letter too

Yeppo,

I am on the same boat, the status said they mailed out RFE on 06/10/2004, it's been 12 days, both my lawyer and I did not receive anything. I am going to call DOL today.

Why DOL

Db2,

Why DOL ? And what about U guys Manoj, Devdoss you were around my time. Did Your lawyer rcv something or did he call up BCIS. Kuch tho bolo bhaiyon...

Rgds,

Yeppo

yeppo, I called my lawyer on firday and told him abt RFE he said that he should have the letter on monday, on monday he said that he got the letter and they want w2s, though I have not seen the RFE letter, I requested him to fax me a copy but he has not sent anything yet, but he got the letter on monday.

yeppo said:
Db2,

Why DOL ? And what about U guys Manoj, Devdoss you were around my time. Did Your lawyer rcv something or did he call up BCIS. Kuch tho bolo bhaiyon...

Rgds,

Yeppo
Manoj / Devdoss,
You guys have got RFE details at amazing speed. Coming to Yeppo's point, did your attorney called up USCIS office? If yes, what number. The customer service number I tried was no help at all.
I am trying to figure out how to get the details from USCIS via phone or otherwise. Your response may help to resolve this problem.

GC_GoneCase,
You cannot get any details about the RFE, by phone. In I-140 case, You are not the petitioner, you are just the beneficiary. USCIS won't disclose any information to the beneficiary by phone.

The best thing is talk to your old attorney or old employer and try to get the RFE letter copy. If they are not willing to help, then hire a new attorney and he will be able to get the RFE details from your old attorney.

I am sure that by this time, your old attorney must have received your RFE letter.

Hope this helps,
nanshi.

naanshi said:
GC_GoneCase,
You cannot get any details about the RFE, by phone. In I-140 case, You are not the petitioner, you are just the beneficiary. USCIS won't disclose any information to the beneficiary by phone.

The best thing is talk to your old attorney or old employer and try to get the RFE letter copy. If they are not willing to help, then hire a new attorney and he will be able to get the RFE details from your old attorney.

I am sure that by this time, your old attorney must have received your RFE letter.

Hope this helps,
nanshi.

The attorney has not got the RFE yet. I am trying to convince my old employer. It may workout, not sure yet.