News but it ain't good

hi manoj,

that may be the case ..OR even in the left out list i am in the bottom of the pit..so they havent even opened or seen my file yet...

Yeppo,

It's not neccessarily a bad news, at least you know your case is been processed, and moving forward. It's much better than nothing happens, and you're totally in the dark. I've got my RFE status after 10 days of LUD, it's been a week, but my attorney still did not receive anything. Hopefully it is not lost in the mail.

True,

I agree with you friend. In my case personally I am not too worried about delay as I am sticking with same emp. but the nature of RFE is a concern until I get it.

Thanks to all.

Yeppo

Yeppo, others, i got the news too, as expected, this is not a good one, I was keeping my fingers cross that i won't get RFE as they were trying to replace me (3 yrs with diploma, education evalution says 4 yrs equalv) with a guy who had 4 yrs degree, i think i can not reply these kind of RFE. here is the text of email.
-----------------
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: EAC0326250060

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

On June 17, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
---------------------------------------

thx a lot for all ur support guys, i think i will prepare myself to start over again

good luck

Manoj,

I had this feeling about your case sometimes back. One pattern has been clear - if you cross 15 days past LUD on 140 and hear nothing then something is goofed up.

I will suggest get educational equivalence done in a proper way - it is sometimes not that tough(and it is VSC not NSC). Also wait for RFE - it maybe something else.

Don't give up without a fight.

they got education eval done by trustforte, which is on the top of list for uscis, it says 4 yrs , attorny was too confident that it is no issue.

when u say get it done in proper way, what exactly u mean? do u have something to share on this topic?

manojvig said:
they got education eval done by trustforte, which is on the top of list for uscis, it says 4 yrs , attorny was too confident that it is no issue.

when u say get it done in proper way, what exactly u mean? do u have something to share on this topic?

RFEs are do-able for educational equivalence. Get two more educational equivalence done. Attach TrustForte one too again. Get heavy paper work done from all angles. It is heavy paperwork which can help you. See this gives a chance of appeal for your case too. In any case the issue will pop-up second time too for you. Better is to perform in first go itself. And also keep in mind that VSC is not that bad with educational equivalence when you compare with NSC. If your diploma has any tie-up with any American University that will help too. You need to show that you have completed all the credit equivalence for American degree - your lawyer has been friendly with you - bring this point to his notice too.

Trust me - it is a do-able RFE in VSC - don't let this chance go. Remember when going gets tough - toughs get going. Meanwhile do not speculate about issues - keep channel with lawyer open and discuss how will appeal be looked by appeal board, if RFE reply doesn't suits VSC. You have a string case for educational equivalence. Bombard reply with elaborate paperwork from your lawyer and employer both, covering every inch of RFE.

Plea - petition signature required...

SIGN THIS PETITION.

INFORMATION ALERT

REUNITE SEPARATED FAMILIES

We Want Your Support!

Greetings from USINPAC!

This week USINPAC has come out to seek public support on an issue which is causing severe anxieties among the members of the Indian American community.

‘Family Reunification’, as an issue, has affected over 50,000 lawful permanent residents (LPRs) of Indian origin who have been separated from their spouses and immediate families due to the long immigration processing times.

The V-Visa program that was created as a temporary solution to this problem had come as a boon to such families. But unfortunately, it was available only to beneficiaries of I-130s filed on or before December 21, 2000 .

The extension of this Visa program has become necessary so as to expand its benefit to a larger section of LPRs, who might otherwise take as long as 6 years to be reunited with their families.

Although introduction of a permanent and a more fundamental legislative reform to speed up the immigration application process is desired and required, it can be rather extensive and prolonged.

Therefore, as an immediate solution, USINPAC is vehemently gathering support towards extension of the V-visa program for an additional five-year term. Please sign the petition http://www.PetitionOnline.com/usinpac4/petition.html and ensure your valuable support.

Please forward this email to your friends and family members and help us gather support from more and more Indian Americans on this issue.

Keep USINPAC Strong! Contribute Now!

Please do not reply to this e-mail. To communicate any concerns to USINPAC, please write mail to info@usinpac.com

USINPAC is a united, strong and clear voice representing the Indian American community on Capitol Hill and the White House. We promote issues that are shaped by the emerging concerns of our community. Our mission is to ensure effective representation on issues of concern to Indian Americans. To that end, we provide bipartisan support to candidates for public office who address the community’s concerns.

PO Box 222424 Chantilly, VA 20153
Fax: (703) 802-6125 Phone: (703) 488-6880
Email: info@usinpac.com
http://www.usinpac.com/
Last edited by skvalluru : 18th June 2004 at 10:44 AM.

Get lost skvalluru. You are spamming. Have some manners - people are talking about issues in this thread. Create your own thread and post whatever you want to.

For you my reply will be - stop begging - let those with LPR should come and offer help to EB cases - atleast they have something we don't have. Punk - you are parasitic - come on give me a break. Those LPRs have lost right to ask for help - they never looked at what we are facing(except people like Kashmir).

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't lose Hope

Manoj,

Sorry to hear about RFE. But I would advise you not to lose sleep over something which is yet to come to your hands. I am not. For all you know it maybe something else. Infact it could be a simple category change request which is not too bad or Company RFE etc. I know the suspense is killing but worrying about it until you see it wont help. And Jharkhandi thanks for your advice. I have a feeling I may fire my lawyer and hire you (you will definitely make more money than in Software. :D

Yeppo

Finally Jharkandhi has lost his cool.. :D good to see some fire from you. now i know when to get you pissed off.. ;)

Sorry to hear about Manoj. My last update got changed on 06/09/04. no news after that. Looks like I am also gonna get RFE very soon :( .

God please help me out.

LUD > 15 days

Jharkhandi said:
Manoj,

I had this feeling about your case sometimes back. One pattern has been clear - if you cross 15 days past LUD on 140 and hear nothing then something is goofed up.

I will suggest get educational equivalence done in a proper way - it is sometimes not that tough(and it is VSC not NSC). Also wait for RFE - it maybe something else.

Don't give up without a fight.
I agree with Jharkhandi's observation.
If LUD has passed through 15 days and nothing happened most likely RFE.
It has happened with me. My son's AP was last updated on 5/27, later rest of our APs ware approved and we got them on 6/5, his message did not change, and today I get mail for his RFE. I do not yet know what it is, but the >15 day rule is verified.

Let us fight and defeat the enemy - RFE

yeppo said:
Manoj,

Sorry to hear about RFE. But I would advise you not to lose sleep over something which is yet to come to your hands. I am not. For all you know it maybe something else. Infact it could be a simple category change request which is not too bad or Company RFE etc. I know the suspense is killing but worrying about it until you see it wont help. And Jharkhandi thanks for your advice. I have a feeling I may fire my lawyer and hire you (you will definitely make more money than in Software. :D

Yeppo
Hi Manoj,

Do not lose hope. Fight it out.

See my case. I am not trying to say I am bold but making a point here that we have to fight out and try our best to defeat this enemy called RFE to win the title called 140.

My 140 withdrawl ( Pending approval) was sent in 3rd week of March, I countered that with AC21 in May second week. Now, I have got RFE on June 15.

Guess what, the attorney is not going to give me a copy of RFE or any info on it as he is tied up with my previous company. I am trying to persuade him but do not know if I would succeed.

I am going to talk to my previous employer. If he also does not agree to share the RFE, I would have to find a way out.

In worst case scenario, like I did for AC21 without 140 approval, I will hire new attorney (I do not know if Jharkandhi can take up this case, he probably knows more than most of the attorneys around), transfer the case and fight it out.

I have decided to fight it out and am least worried about what the RFE is for? Worry is not going to help me, it may block my thought process.

But I would definitely need the help of the people on this forum.

Please tell me how to get the details of the RFE, I am going to try customer service number, not sure if that would help.

Does the RFE has a number or it just refers to the 140 case number? Can someone on this site who had got RFE tell me about it?

I have to formulate my strategies based on that.

Thanks a lot in advance. Any suggestion on it would be highly appreciated.

Case details – 140 ND 7/11/2003, RFE 6/15/2004

GC_GoneCase said:
Please tell me how to get the details of the RFE, I am going to try customer service number, not sure if that would help.

Does the RFE has a number or it just refers to the 140 case number? Can someone on this site who had got RFE tell me about it?

I have to formulate my strategies based on that.

Thanks a lot in advance. Any suggestion on it would be highly appreciated.

Case details – 140 ND 7/11/2003, RFE 6/15/2004

RFE Doc has different color i think it is blue. wait till monday i am planning to call the lawyers office and thank the para legal for sending a copy of Approved I140. I will try to ask her RFE details (don't count on it but will try)

btw got RFE on I140 ND 07/07/03.
RFE on 04/19/04 company info (i did send my W2s and Tax returns also)
Respose Rcvd 05/27/04
Ad 06/07/04

Last edited by a moderator:
hmd said:
RFE Doc has different color i think it is blue. wait till monday i am planning to call the lawyers office and thank the para legal for sending a copy of Approved I140. I will try to ask her RFE details (don't count on it but will try)

btw got RFE on I140 ND 07/07/03.
RFE on 04/19/04 company info (i did send my W2s and Tax returns also)
Respose Rcvd 05/27/04
Ad 06/07/04

Thanks hmd.
I would be waiting for your information.
Do we have to send the copy of the RFE with reply? Is it mandatory?

Thanks again.

Rfe Details

Ok guys, I am back.

Spoke with attorny to get the details of RFE(still trying to get copy of RFE notice).

It is not about education eval. :D

They need my 2001, 2002,2003 w2 forms .

Gurus (Jharkhandi,HMD,Karns and every one else, plz comment on these points)

A. DO YOU GUYS THINK IT IS AN EASY ONE?

B. My attorny said that since you were not employed by company in 2001 (I joined them in 2002 jan 1st), so he will get original guy's W2 from the company along with my w2 for me (for 2002 and 2003).

C.I told him that there is a difference of around 3000-6000 bucks in my w2 for 2003 and 2002 as i was on vacation (I have vacation letters) but he says that does not matter.

D. Is it possible that they may generate another RFE after this one or it is done?

Would appriciate coments from you guys