Newly married to US citizen, please help!

katerinka

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to say thank you for all info and help you provide for such people as I am. I am new here. So, I'll be grateful if anybody could help me. I just got married to an US citizen and we are planning to start preparing all forms for my Adjustment of Status. But my first question is this: my husband hasn't started doing his tax returns for this year, he usually does it in April. What do we need to do regarding I 864 form. What if we are ready to file everything to USCIS in March?can we provide them with tax returns for 2009? or we have to wait for 2010 returns? Please, help!
Thank you!

Hi

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to say thank you for all info and help you provide for such people as I am. I am new here. So, I'll be grateful if anybody could help me. I just got married to an US citizen and we are planning to start preparing all forms for my Adjustment of Status. But my first question is this: my husband hasn't started doing his tax returns for this year, he usually does it in April. What do we need to do regarding I 864 form. What if we are ready to file everything to USCIS in March?can we provide them with tax returns for 2009? or we have to wait for 2010 returns? Please, help!
Thank you!

You can send in the copy of W-2 for 2010.

Thank you for your reply!So, I have to send tax returns for 2009 and w2 for 2010? and then I'll have to bring tax returns for 2010 to the interview, right? What if w2 for 2010 doesn't meet 125%poverty line?
Thanks a lot!!!

Thank you for your reply!So, I have to send tax returns for 2009 and w2 for 2010? and then I'll have to bring tax returns for 2010 to the interview, right? What if w2 for 2010 doesn't meet 125%poverty line?
Thanks a lot!!!

Joint sponsors can help by filing another I-864. Household members can join with form I-864A. The intending immigrant (spouse) can add their LEGAL income to the sponsor's I-864. Read the form instructions and get the $ amounts from the I-864P at www.uscis.gov.

I-131 form

I-131 form
Another question, guys, hope you will clear it out for me. I am filling out I-131 for travel, I decided send it with my package in case the processing will take a long time. What do I have to write on a separate sheet of paper,that's what it says in Part7. And what if I want to go for 8 weeks, is it too long to ask for?Please, give me some advice.
Thank you

Advance Parole is normally granted for a year. You can stay outside the US for that whole year as long as you return before it expires.

However, if you have overstayed for more than 180 days before filing the I-485, don't bother to apply for Advance Parole because it will be useless even if they approve it.

I-765 question
Hi everyone, please, help me with another question. It's #15, current immigration status. I understand that I have to write J-1 exchange visitor under Manner of Last Entry. But after J-1 I was on B-2 visa, which is already expired. What should I write under current immigration status. Please, help me!
Thanks a lot, everyone!

Advance Parole is normally granted for a year. You can stay outside the US for that whole year as long as you return before it expires.

However, if you have overstayed for more than 180 days before filing the I-485, don't bother to apply for Advance Parole because it will be useless even if they approve it.
Thanks for your reply,Jackolantern! I actually did overstayed. So there is no way I can use it anyway,really? Thank you

Thanks for your reply,Jackolantern! I actually did overstayed. So there is no way I can use it anyway,really? Thank you

If you have overstayed by more than 180 days, you are barred for 3 years. Overstayed by 1 year or more and the bar is 10 years.