Newby in the Forum from TX - Just applied for citizenship

luitgiintx

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I am new in this forum and I just applied for my citizenship 2 weeks ago...I thank you all for the great info I read to complete my N-400...In any case, I have two questions/observations

1.- USCIS cashed my check right the way...They did not lose anytime...Is that a good sign? I know I have a long time in front of me to wait but just checking
2.-Someone knows the time frame we have here in TX?

I filed in Oct 2006 and still waiting for interview so keep your patience high...

Hello everyone,

I am new in this forum and I just applied for my citizenship 2 weeks ago...I thank you all for the great info I read to complete my N-400...In any case, I have two questions/observations

1.- USCIS cashed my check right the way...They did not lose anytime...Is that a good sign? I know I have a long time in front of me to wait but just checking

Hello everyone,

Receipting times have returned to normal, but receipting time alone is not a good indication of overall processing time as it is only the first step in the process.

It all depends what district office your case is being processed at. Texas has 5 district offices, and each one has different processing timeframe.

By the way, another question for you if you can help me...Since I got to the States I lived in 2 states Illinois and Texas. I had one stupid arrest for a burocratic mistake and several tickets. While filling out my N-400, I only mentioned the arrest I had in Illinois but I did not mention any tickets...I had 3 tickets in 99' - and 2 in 02' in Illinois ; To my recolection I only had 2 tickets since I live in TX ( 4 years) --- What should I do about the tickets? I think I messed up big time...Any help would be appreciated

By the way, another question for you if you can help me...Since I got to the States I lived in 2 states Illinois and Texas. I had one stupid arrest for a burocratic mistake and several tickets. While filling out my N-400, I only mentioned the arrest I had in Illinois but I did not mention any tickets...I had 3 tickets in 99' - and 2 in 02' in Illinois ; To my recolection I only had 2 tickets since I live in TX ( 4 years) --- What should I do about the tickets? I think I messed up big time...Any help would be appreciated

What type of tickets are they and what was the fine?

03/21/99 -- Disregarding Stop/yield sign at intersection
09/27/00 -- Speeding 1-10 mph above limit
04/07/02 -- Improper Left turn
07/10/02 -- Disregarding Stop/yield sign at intersection
And 2 speeding tickets in TX that on 05 and 06
All less of $500.00

03/21/99 -- Disregarding Stop/yield sign at intersection
09/27/00 -- Speeding 1-10 mph above limit
04/07/02 -- Improper Left turn
07/10/02 -- Disregarding Stop/yield sign at intersection
And 2 speeding tickets in TX that on 05 and 06
All less of $500.00

You should be fine for not having mentioned them on application, although you may be asked about them during the interview. I wouldn't worry since they aren't any major like a DUI, are all less than $500 and (I assume ) have been paid.