NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

attach additional docs to my application

Hi, everyone,
I am going to send out my application package soon.
My lawyer suggest me send out those docs to prove our marriage together with my application. Those docs will include:
1. lease
2. utilities bill
3. joint bank account
4. wedding pictures

Shall I do so as my lawyer said? anyone has any suggestions?
Thanks a lot! :p

You dont need to send these proofs with the application. You need these during your interview. Rest is upto you but I havent heard anyone sending the proof of marriage with the application.

fillable PDF files

Thank you very much, mohit_chopra1 and Tapskap.

mohit_chopra1, I agree with you. I am going to send the application without the proof and prepare them for the interview.

I just download all the fillable PDF application forms from USCIS website. As most of you might already know, those new forms are fillable and saveable.

I will post my timeline as soon as I have it!

Let's keep this thread going!!!!!

I have my interview on Tuesday and I just discovered this Newark thread. I wish I had found it earlier lol. I fully intend to post my interview experience in this thread and if anyone else has a Newark experience it would be great to hear it!!!

Hello to all,
I'm new here, haven't discovered this website BEFORE I had my interview, but I did well, and had my lawyer with us, so everything went smoothly. Anyway, the timeline goes as follow:

RD: 4/17/06
FP: 4/29/06
EAD Arrived: 6/30/06
ND: 7/14/06
Interview: 9/18/06
GC: Not here yet, due to security check
DO: Newark, NJ

Compare to what some of you had stated, my case seemed to be moving along pretty quickly and smoothly, but it's seemed stuck now for some reason. My wife and me went to Infopass @ Newark, she is a USC BTW, all we got was "security check". Can't blame it, 'cause the 90 days period is not up yet, so all we got to do is wait now. All I want to say is this is driving me nuts, don't know how much longer I have to wait, and my EA Card's expiration date is 6/25/07, so I am not sure if I should renew it in February. Hopefully the welcome letter shows up in my mail box soon.

Adding timeline for newark, hoping to keep this thread updated.

Hello Everyone,here`s my timeline at the Newark office.Hope this helps.

H1b married to USC
RD: 9/11/06
FP: 9/23/06
RFE:9/29/06
RFE RD:10/5/06
AP arrived:12/1/06 (was mailed on 11/27/06)
EAD card was ordered on 11/30/06-according to website
Interview date: 1/23/07

Here is our timeline
11/18/2006 - Mailed out I-130/485/765/131
11/20/2006 - Received
11/27/2006 - Notice Date
11/28/2006 - Checks encashed
11/29/2006 - LUD for all

Similar situation

I am in the same shoes as you are. I had my interview on November 1st, 2006. She accepted all documents and requested certified copy of birth cert. I mailed it to her after 5 days and now it has been more than 60 days and I haven't received my GC yet. My EAD is going to expire in Augugst 07. I am wondering the same thing, do I need to reapply for EAD 90 days before it expires? If you find out from some one, kindly let me know. Your lawyer should be able to answer this question.
Thanks,
-faisal

AMG_Driver said:
Hello to all,
I'm new here, haven't discovered this website BEFORE I had my interview, but I did well, and had my lawyer with us, so everything went smoothly. Anyway, the timeline goes as follow:

RD: 4/17/06
FP: 4/29/06
EAD Arrived: 6/30/06
ND: 7/14/06
Interview: 9/18/06
GC: Not here yet, due to security check
DO: Newark, NJ

Compare to what some of you had stated, my case seemed to be moving along pretty quickly and smoothly, but it's seemed stuck now for some reason. My wife and me went to Infopass @ Newark, she is a USC BTW, all we got was "security check". Can't blame it, 'cause the 90 days period is not up yet, so all we got to do is wait now. All I want to say is this is driving me nuts, don't know how much longer I have to wait, and my EA Card's expiration date is 6/25/07, so I am not sure if I should renew it in February. Hopefully the welcome letter shows up in my mail box soon.

Anyone With a November Notice Date that has not received there interview letter yet?

I am still waiting for ours and getting very nervous about it.

RD I-765 & I-485 11/20/06

We got the EAD but no interview letter as of today. Anyone else in the same boat?

We sent our package on 11/18 , PD 11/24 . Got the interview letter in January for March 27th .
If it is 90 days past your PD, you could take an infopass appointment to speak to a IO about your case.

GC received

I got my GC last week . For the benefit of others I am posting my timeline. This forum has helped me a lot since last one and half year. My sincere thanks to immigration.com and the subscribers.
It took almost 1 year after my interview for the fbi name check to complete.
Best of luck to all

Interview was pretty much normal with the usual questions.

1) when did u marry ?
2) job/tax and income details.
3) ask the latest bank balance to my wife.
4) The officer kept one pic of our wedding. (so take a pic that you can give them)

They keep with files in the officer's cube till the case is resolved. So the officer has good enough incentive to resolve our case. Since my name check was pending, he told me that they do periodically check with fbi regarding pending issues and wait till one year.