NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

:mad: As you can see my other posts, I applied for 485, 765, 130 last August and everything is pending still. Here is my time frame:

DO: Newark,NJ
Got married: Feb 8, 2005
Received Date (I765,I130,I485) : Aug 23, 2005
Advanced Paroll: October 2005
AOS Interview: Feb 10, 2006
FP: (never receitve FP notice in mail, but got the letter from the interview for I-485 FP): April 4, 2006

No EAD card,
No FP for I765,
Pending name check???

lily06 said:
:mad: As you can see my other posts, I applied for 485, 765, 130 last August and everything is pending still. Here is my time frame:

DO: Newark,NJ
Got married: Feb 8, 2005
Received Date (I765,I130,I485) : Aug 23, 2005
Advanced Paroll: October 2005
AOS Interview: Feb 10, 2006
FP: (never receitve FP notice in mail, but got the letter from the interview for I-485 FP): April 4, 2006

No EAD card,
No FP for I765,
Pending name check???

Wat happned in the interview.Why havent u taken an IEAD?
Is it the case with everyone at Newark,NJ???

Lily - I said this to you before in one of the other threads last month, we are also in the same boat still. Where most NJ applicants are getting FP notice, AP approval, Ead etc., some unlucky ones like you and me are still waiting - no FP notice received, AP not approved yet for us - almost 3 months from RD. We finally had to make an Infopass appt to get the expedited AP.

If by end of this month, you haven't heard from your Interviewing officer about your I-485 approval, you must try to get in touch with him/her (hopefully, you remember the name of the officer who interviewed you) for a follow-up. Typically, people hear within a month of FP, especially since you already had your interview. If by May 4th you don't hear from them, make an InfoPass appt and request to speak to the officer who interviewed you.

Re: your iEAD query, I've also posted in response to you in this thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=208461

When you went for your interview, did the officer make an appointment for you and did he give you an appt letter for FP?

Please post any follow up action you've taken and the result.
Good luck!

tapskap,
My guess is that because haven't done the FP for I-765 so I haven't got the iEAD. After 8 month, I still never received the notice for FP, which is not usual even for Newark DO.
My AOS interview went ok. because I didn't get the biometrics done before the interview I couldn't get approved on I-485. The lady who interviewed me set up an appointment for FP, but that is for I-485 only, not for I-765. I got so frustrated. I waited there for four hours then was told I cannot do FP for I-765.

jenimmi,
Yes, we are in the same boat. The only luck is that I received AP pretty in October '05. After three month you should inquire about the status of FP, AP, and EAD. Did you ever meet them through Info-Pass? I didn't find them of any use! Wasted me another morning!

The lawyer will follow up with the case. I don't feel anybody can be trusted at this moment, except for the people here in the forum.

lily06 said:
tapskap,
My guess is that because haven't done the FP for I-765 so I haven't got the iEAD. After 8 month, I still never received the notice for FP, which is not usual even for Newark DO.
My AOS interview went ok. because I didn't get the biometrics done before the interview I couldn't get approved on I-485. The lady who interviewed me set up an appointment for FP, but that is for I-485 only, not for I-765. I got so frustrated. I waited there for four hours then was told I cannot do FP for I-765.

jenimmi,
Yes, we are in the same boat. The only luck is that I received AP pretty in October '05. After three month you should inquire about the status of FP, AP, and EAD. Did you ever meet them through Info-Pass? I didn't find them of any use! Wasted me another morning!

The lawyer will follow up with the case. I don't feel anybody can be trusted at this moment, except for the people here in the forum.

What you have to do is to just call USCIS customer service and make an appointment for fingerprints. I was in simillar situation. I was waiting for my EAD and when I call USCIS customer service I was told that everything is approved they're just missing my fingerprints. Nobody ever sent me any request to do that, so I just made appointment myself and got EAD in a mail in 2 weeks.

Married to USC 1/24/04
Interview 2/15/05 DO Newark
Name check pending .... :mad:

I have applied for my EAD at Newark twice. Never got FP letter. Everytime I file it online I just call up the 1-800 number in a week and schedule a FP appointment. Both times got my EAD cards in a 4weeks after FP.

It asks you to call and setup an FP appointment on the receipt when
you file 765 online, so I call them.

Thanks, Milota and bennard for sharing your experiences. I called the USCIS number about three months ago and asked for FP but they just said they will research on it. And I never heard back. Since my lawyer opened an inquiry so I will just wait. Hopefully I can hear from them within a month.

Milota, I can feel your frustration about name check. But if you do get approved, you should receive GC without condition. Keep us posted.

tapskap

tapskap -

I just saw your updated signature.
A mini congrats on getting your Interview notice. Looks like everything (except Ead) is being processed pretty quickly in ur case. First time seeing a reasonably good progress in Newark. Can you please post when you received the IL? Thx.

Since I had posted the GC timeline earlier, I thought I'll update with the I-751 (Conditions removal from GC) details. It may be helpful for some of you in future.

Applied I-751 to Vermont in Dec 2005. Approved May 2006. As per INS,
The Vermont Date is still at Nov 1st 2005.

The Receipt No for I-751 is not trackable on INS Web site.

so keep your hopes up . Goodluck to everyone.

Anyone stuck in name check at Newark DO with I-485 receipt date of Feb-24-2004 or before? Just curious..

thanks,

Anyone other than me applied at Newark Office? I am hoping we can revive this thread and keep each other posted of the progress in newark DO. I had my fingerprinting done yesterday (took 15 mins.- in and out). Please post your timeline in this thread if your DO is Newark.
Thanks.

quick process

It seems like the Newark office really speeds up the app. process. I am planning to send my application soon. will keep your guys posted.

My DO is Newark. I tried a few times before to keep this thread active. Glad that the ones from Newark are now posting in this thread.

My timeline (actually my mother's) is in my signature - BTW for some reason, not known to us, right from our FP notice to every thing else seems to be delayed. Not even a RFE, so have no idea why there's a delay.

Good Luck to everyone. Jennimmi, do you know if your timeline is the average timeline for parents filing.

Guys, please keep this thread alive and keep everyone posted about any good news you have to share along with anxities and confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Mohit, it is not average. Ours is slower than average for parents. If my mother's timeline has been following average, she should've gotten the GC by now.

I do know one thing for sure, I've been on this forum for a while and many parents application (and some spouse cases too) from newark did not get their FP notice before interview. Only when they went for interview, they were told that even though everything else is in order, 485 cannot be approved without FP. So after waiting so long for interview, they wait another 2 months to get the FP/ results for approval and GC. I think this is NBC's fault (who ever is in charge of these Newark cases), but some other 485 cases are being processed promptly - like tapskap, and yours. So, don't worry - your case is not with that lazy officer who our case is with. ;)

In my case, that was what was going to happen (no FP notice before interview). So, I made plenty of calls to the officers/supervisors at Newark and finally had them send us a FP notice from NBC. Now awaiting IL. They asked me to wait till end of Aug in the minimum, before I call again. I've also been watching 485 processing dt for Newark and slowly losing my patience.

It seems like the Newark Office is not consistent with regards to the processing speed. I mean some applications like mine get FP notice within a month and some like jenimmi takes forever. Anyway, best of luck Jenimmi and everyone with their application. Please keep posted about your interview experience if anyone got one.

stuck in fbi name check

I am stuck in fbi name check and planning to contact congressman/senator. Doesl anyone have any positive experience contacting them ?? please post their names.

my fp had been last in 07/05 and interview 01/06 .Still no reply from INS.

fingerprints

did anyone try to go for fingerprints directly without the appoinment letter in newark DO. Did they allow you or not for fingerprints. ?

I have applied for renewal EAD before 60 days, instead of 90 days and will not get in in time. If I wait for fingerprints and it will be an issue, so wanted to try some alternate ways. If anyone has any experience let me know

I had seen a post early this year, when a person (don't remember the username) went for her FP at Newark without FP notice, was turned back. After reading her post, I was discouraged when I wanted to do the same thing at Newark ASC without FP notice.