Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Early FP?

done FP in Elizabeth, NJ today. Very nice and friendly service. Everything went smoothly. Got there at 8:45, was done by 10.

Hi Goro,

Did you try to complete your FP before scheduled date? Any idea if the Elizabeth center accepts walk-ins?

what does it mean in your signatures "case sent to your local office". i havent received any notice saying that. It says it is in live for interview scheduling" will I receive that?

oath/interview same date at newark

FYI at the newark branch, applicants who pass the interview has the option to get the oath on the same day.

My appointment was at 1:20PM. Waited 2 hours for interview and was part of the 4:30PM oath ceremony. Before the 4:30PM ceremony started, the Newark staff made sure interviews for all applicants was completed and that everyone received the paperwork necessary to be part of the 4:30PM ceremony (no one left behind assuming you passed the interview). People had the option of re-scheduling the oath ceremony if desired... There may be a oath ceremony later in the day depending on how many applicants but I would assume that it'll be the same where anyone who passed the interview will be processed quickly enough to be part of the oath ceremony on the same day.

Bad part of the above is that most appliants who go to the Newark branch will be there for 4-6 hours for the interview and oath...

Oh, and they tow cars parked on Broad St. after 4PM.... I got my first parking ticket as a US citizen as soon as I walked out of the building...:mad:

FP - Parking at Elizabeth, NJ Centre

Can people who did their FP tell me what kind of parking is available around this site? And how difficult was it to find a spot?
Thanks.

Dear members.,

Please advise and clear me as following questions

1) I wish to apply the OCI card for (meself + wife + 17 years kid + 12 years kid)
2) How many OCI registration forms should I submit on line ? or if one family application enough , can i take prints outs 8 ?
3) How many Order forms should i submit ? If one submission enough , then I take 8 print outs ?
4) What about fee (total amount) $290 x 4 , can i take single money order , if diff please clear me how many money orders needed with payable to who ?
5) Should i send all required documents with duplicates through single envelop ?
6) Is it one prepaid envelop enough to send along with all documents ?
7) how to generate the shipping label ?
8) how to generate the PART - A and PART - B, how many part A forms needed & how many Part B forms needed ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I would greatly appreciate it

-usinsuser99

Biometrics - Parking at Elizabeth, NJ Centre

Folks,

Can you tell me about your parking experience at the Elizabeth center? Are there metered spots near the venue?

yes there are metered spots. I didn't have any problems with parking there.

Thanks goro. I have been reading your other thread about your interview. My friendly advice - please reapply.
You will be done in about 4 months. Good luck man.

US Citizenship at Newark

Sorry to jump in the middle of this thread....

I applied for the US Citizenship in Aug 2008
Finger prints done after few months
Interviewed on Jan 14, 2009

Since then my case is still pending, i wrote a letter to congressman but no answer.

In november I received a letter for finger prints and today i received a letter for re-interview. I am not sure why they want to re-interview?

I was assuming that i should have received a certificate for US Citizenship.

I also would like to mention here that it took 2-3 years for me get to gc, either my first name
or last name matches with some one and even i came to US on K3 visa it says on visa too "the person
is not the same as lookout entry"

Any suggestion?

Parking at Newark USCIS

Thanks to tips from other posters before me, I chose a paid parking. There is one across the street from front of the building. They charged me $12. There is paid parking available behind the building at the intersection of Walnut/Mulberry Streets. They charge $11. I also saw a $9 parking place on Mulberry a little away and behind the USCIS building. These are maximum rates as it took me close to 7 hours before I was done with interview and oath.

There is also a Post Office across the street where you can apply for your passport if you want to do it the same day. I chose not to as I was too tired from excitement after my ordeal. Copy and photo shops are close by.

I mailed in my voter registration and am now waiting for my passport. My next tasks are -

1 Update SSN
2 Update DL at DMV
3 Surrender home country passport and apply for OCI card

This thread is v.useful for applicants at Newark DO and I thank posters before me for their valuable tips. And this forum is excellent. Thanks!

Parking

I am surprised nobody mentioned abt free parking till now. This is what I found out yesterday from people who came to the interview
a) There is free parking in 973 broad st building in the backside.
b) Some free parking on scott & orchard street.

SWaiting - Its Yellow Letter. Some people receive it asking to bring additional documents to the interview. Some don't. So if your Mom doesn't get it, don't worry.

Still waiting for FP notice

04/19/2012 Mailed to Dallas Lockbox by usps certified mail
04/24/2012 Delivery confirmed (Priority date)
04/26/2012 NOA Received by mail
xx/xx/2012 FP Notice received (scheduled date xx/xx)
xx/xx/2012 FP Done
xx/xx/2012 YL received (dated xx/xx/xx)
xx/xx/2012 Status changed to Testing and Interview (inline for scheduling)
xx/xx/2012 Status changed to Interview Scheduled
xx/xx/2012 IL received
xx/xx/2012 Interview date

Fyi...

04/18/2012 Mailed to Dallas Lockbox (FedEx)
04/20/2012 Delivery confirmed (Priority date)
04/22/2012 NOA Received by mail
05/29/2012 FP Notice received (scheduled date 06/20/2012)
06/20/2012 FP Done
06/22/2012 Status changed to Testing and Interview (inline for scheduling)
07/02/2012 IL received (scheduled date 08/02/2012)
08/02/2012 Interview: Approved; Oath: Completed :)
08/03/2012 Applied for passport (expedited service)
08/14/2012 Received passport

Last edited by a moderator: