Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

If you take a look at M-476 (guide to naturalization) it states not to wear jeans ot flip-flops for oath ceremony. Since Newark has same day oath I think that answers your question in terms of what not to wear. Do wear a suit and tie it would make you feel better and confident.

My friend was in jeans and attended Interview and Oath with jeans. 4- 5 south Indians were also in jeans and nobody care you are in jeans or suit. They are interested in questions/answers and eligibility for Citizenship not in your cloths (it does not mean you go in shots). if the suit and tie don’t make you feel better wear jean and shirt or pant/shirt and you will have jacket.

If you want to feel confident, you dress confident..wear a suit or at least a tie. It's a big thing...don't insult them by wearing jeans to your oath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suit or Tie is not neccesary for the oath but do not wear picnic clothes. Also I wouldn't call any person idiot if he or she is wearing jeans.

Governer Of NJ

To All,

I know a little while back someone asked who will be the Governor of NJ in 2010. As an FYI to all, Chris Christie does not take office until January 19, 2010. Until then John Corzine is the Governor of NJ.

Hope this helps everyone who has an interview before the 19th of January 2010.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I didn't find any better ID.
Anyway, it's legal on this forum to have any ID. Dont try to delete my posts, you being a moderator unless you want to get deleted by the super moderator.

Anybody with Nov filing dates in Newark get interview yet? Dont even see that many Nov. filings active on this thread. Was this a dry month or are Nov's just not posting?

Citizen

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am now a US Citizen. The process was absolutely smooth and easy.

The interview was very simple. I had a 9:20 appointment and I got there exactly at 9:20 AM. I handed in my appointment letter and they asked me to wait until they called my name. I wore a suit to the interview, but there were plenty of people in jeans and sweatshirts. I personally think it makes a difference if you dress properly. My turn finally came around 11:30. I had a lovely lady who asked me to come in through door 3. First thing was to raise my right hand a swear to tell the truth. After that she immediately asked me six civics question, and did the written and writing exam. Finally we reviewed my form but in general. It was not a line by line review. Once that was complete, she gave me a piece of paper and told me that I passed the exam and to wait out side to sign my certificate and take oath later in the day. In all the interview process was like 5 minutes tops. She was very professional and friendly and made me very comfortable.

I then waited outside and around 1:30 PM they called me to sign my certificate and we took Oath during the 2:30 PM ceremony.

I wanted to thank everybody who helped me and provided me with correct advice on all my questions.

Thank you

Time Line

For those of you interested, here is my time line

Newark D/O
09/16/09 N-400 Sent
09/17/09 N-400 Received
09/18/09 Priority Date on NOA Letter
09/24/09 Email/online status changed to "Request for Evidence" - Finger Print Letter
09/24/09 Notice of Action letter received at home
09/28/09 FP Notice letter received at home
10/15/09 FP Date Scheduled (Completed on scheduled date)
11/19/09 Yellow Letter received for state issued id
12/03/09 Email/online status changed to "Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview"
12/07/09 Interview Letter Received
01/07/10 Interview Date (Completed)
01/07/09 Oath Letter, Date and Ceremony (Completed)

N-400 timeline

Hello friends

I'm retruning to this forum after gap of 4 years and 9 months .
This time for my N-400.
See signature for timeline

Yankees:
What documents did she ask from you? Did she check all of them. What documents did you take?
Thanks

Citizenship

Resident since December 04

10/22/09 - N-400 Mailed Lewisville, TX
10/26/09 - N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
10/28/09 - Checks cashed
10/28/09 - Priority Date
11/02/09 - NOA Recd
11/06/09 - FP Notice recd
11/24/09 - FP Done
01/04/10 - YL recd
01/05/10 - Case transferred for Interview
01/08/10 - Interview letter recd
02/10/10 - Interview date...... :)

Documents

Yankees:
What documents did she ask from you? Did she check all of them. What documents did you take?
Thanks

Hello NXM1

She did not ask for any thing from me, she just questioned me

She checked all the documents that I had originally filed

I filed my N-400 on a five year LPR basis. I got my GC through the company, but below are all the documents that I took
Copies of all passports, and GC
MY birth Certificate (BC), my wife and sons BC also
My Marriage Certificate, because I am married to a US Citizen
I took all my certificates from school, because I did my undergraduate and graduate degree here in NJ - I also took all my transcripts
I took copies of all my taxes filed since I came here
I took any and all paperwork from filing my GC just in case
I took a letter of employment to verify my job
I took copies of my mortgage payment, bills, and bank statements for both my wife and I - just in case they asked
I took extra pictures
I had an extra trip outside the US after I filed my N-400, so I updated the form with the new/extra dates

Hope this helps

can we take Kids to the interview and oath

Hi,
I have no one to baby sit my kids,so can anyone please let me know if kids are allowed into the Newark office along with me for the interview.Appreciate your information.

Regards

All Family Members

You can take all family members to your interview, but they will NOT allow them to come inside the office during the interview. You will still need someone to keep an eye on them while you are inside for the interview.

Hi,
I have no one to baby sit my kids,so can anyone please let me know if kids are allowed into the Newark office along with me for the interview.Appreciate your information.

Regards

You can take the kid with you. Once you go to 15th floor they have big hall where you will be sitting to be called for interview inside the officer’s cabin through door 1 or door 2 or door 3. Kid can remain with you in hall and can’t go in officer office when they call your name. You will be with officers for 5 or 10 minutes if you think that kid can sit alone then no problem or you can take any friend or family member with you.

Need help...I received email from uscis website on 12/26 that my case is transferred to local office. I waited till date for YL/IL but didnt get any so called uscis and lady there told me that she can fax it. Question is if fax copy would be accepted at the federal building to let me in or I need to get infopass appointment to visit newark office and talk to someone?

Need help...I received email from uscis website on 12/26 that my case is transferred to local office. I waited till date for YL/IL but didnt get any so called uscis and lady there told me that she can fax it. Question is if fax copy would be accepted at the federal building to let me in or I need to get infopass appointment to visit newark office and talk to someone?

Fax copy should work.