Application mailed: 09/12/08
Application received: 09/15/08
Priority date: 09/15/08
Check cashed: 09/16/08
Notice date: 09/16/08
Notice received: 09/19/08
Fingerprint appt notice: 09/25/08
Fingerprint appt date: 10/17/08
Fingerprint Done: 10/01/08 (Newark ASC Walk-In)
Interview letter received: ???
Interview scheduled Date: ???

Your FP date is on 10/17/08. How come you done with FP on 10/01/08. Can you walk in and do FP ?

I have FP on 10/09/08.

My Timeline

Application Mailed : 09/10/2008
Application Received/Proirity Date : 09/15/2008
Check Cashed : 09/16/2008
FP Notice Date : 10/02/2008
FP Appointment : 10/23/2008 9AM

My Time Line

Application Mailed: 8/12/08
PD: 8/15/08
FP Notice Date : 08/28/2008
FP schedule: 9/19/08
FP done (walk In): 9/13/08
IL: Not recd (but talked to IO at USCIS) 10/07/08
ID: 11/04/08

09/03/08: Mailed Application
09/04/08: Application received by USCIS
09/08/08: Check cashed
09/13/08: Receipt Notice received
09/18/08: FP notice received
10/07/08: Finger print done
?????????: IL Received
?????????: Interview
?????????: Oath
?????????: US CITIZEN

Your FP date is on 10/17/08. How come you done with FP on 10/01/08. Can you walk in and do FP ?

I have FP on 10/09/08.

Yes, You can walk in and get it done. Just let them know that you will be out of town that day. Usually Wednesdays is when people with change in appointment dates come in.

My Time Line

Application Mailed: 8/12/08
PD: 8/15/08
FP Notice Date : 08/28/2008
FP schedule: 9/19/08
FP done (walk In): 9/13/08
IL: Not recd (but talked to IO at USCIS) 10/07/08
ID: 11/04/08

How do you talk to IO? I had called USCIS for my father in past and I talked Customer Service Rep.They always told me that you in regular time frame, wait for 6 months and if you dont hear anything in 6 months, call us. They never told me exact what is going on or what is status of my father's file.

Please tell me how to get status of your case. I really appriciate your help here!

Thnks.

How do you talk to IO? I had called USCIS for my father in past and I talked Customer Service Rep.They always told me that you in regular time frame, wait for 6 months and if you dont hear anything in 6 months, call us. They never told me exact what is going on or what is status of my father's file.

Please tell me how to get status of your case. I really appriciate your help here!

Thnks.

Hey Man,
I visit this site https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do to check my case status. Just type in u ESC #
Since I recd my first letter with PD, the messege on above website only said "USCIS recd my application and mailed me a letter informing procedure etc" The messege never change even when i recd my FP letter up until yesterday (10/7/08) when messege was change to something like" application cannot be found pls check u reciept # and enter" I immediately call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283.
Even the automated service did not find my application and when i talked to customer service, they said they have no info on my application. She was suprised and her self transfer me to office who after detail questioning inform me that nothing to worry about, my interview is schedule for 11/4/08 and i should recd letter within 10 days.

Hope this info is helpful
thanks

Yes, You can walk in and get it done. Just let them know that you will be out of town that day. Usually Wednesdays is when people with change in appointment dates come in.

Hi BMKHYD,
can you please give some idea about when you can go for "Walk in" FP at Newark, office? i have my FP schedule on 10/23 but would like to go early..

any specific day and time u can suggest? i can see the preference of afternoon appointment on wed and saturday. are these only days walk in available?

I am not sure which day would be more appropriate, but I walked in on a Wednesday and my frind on a Saturday.
Good Luck!

Hi BMKHYD,
can you please give some idea about when you can go for "Walk in" FP at Newark, office? i have my FP schedule on 10/23 but would like to go early..

any specific day and time u can suggest? i can see the preference of afternoon appointment on wed and saturday. are these only days walk in available?

I am not sure which day would be more appropriate, but I walked in on a Wednesday and my frind on a Saturday.
Good Luck!

Hi BMKHYD,
thanks for the information. can you tell us at what time you have to be their for walk-in on Wed/Sat? is there any phone number where u can call to findout about timing?

Got naturalized yesterday (09/24/08) at Newark NJ DO. The interview took less that 10 minutes, was a pleasant experience. IO asked 6 civics questions and asked me to write a simple sentence. Then she went over my application and asked some questions. When she asked if I was ever arrested I told her I was never arrested but had a couple of minor traffic tickets, and gave her the court disposition reports. I think it was not necessary, but just a CYA. The entire interview was professional and to the point.
Then I waited for an hour and a half before I signed the naturalization certificate and another couple of hours for the simple oath ceremony that lasted half hour.
The whole process was relaxed.

My advice to the applicants would be to take the process in your stride if there are no complications in your case, ie. no residency requirement issues or criminal records. However be prepared with the documents though you may never be asked for them. I also find that processing times have improved of late.

My thanks to the forum gurus who gave me a good perception about the process. Hope all of you get naturalized soon.

Me/Spouse have Interview on 10/27 @ 10:30am. Will this be the time I would be interviewed ? Also I am of the opinion that Oath is on the sameday @ newark. If so what time this would be. I'm asking just to make arrangements for my 21month old who goes to daycare [830-530]. I can keep him in daycare until 630 but not beyond that. I'm close to Parsippanny NJ and I hope everything will be over and I can pick him up around that time. Any advice with respect to timings would be greatly appreciated. Just wondering if I should consider alternate arrangements for my son?

Me/Spouse have Interview on 10/27 @ 10:30am. Will this be the time I would be interviewed ? Also I am of the opinion that Oath is on the sameday @ newark. If so what time this would be. I'm asking just to make arrangements for my 21month old who goes to daycare [830-530]. I can keep him in daycare until 630 but not beyond that. I'm close to Parsippanny NJ and I hope everything will be over and I can pick him up around that time. Any advice with respect to timings would be greatly appreciated. Just wondering if I should consider alternate arrangements for my son?

I arrived at Newark DO 30 minutes ahead of my interview and I was called in 15 minutes ahead of the interview. So I suggest you get there around 10 AM, you may be called in early. You are almost certain to have same day oath if you pass the interview - likely around 3 PM. There is a good restaurant on the 2nd floor where you can have lunch. Ample parking is avaialable on Court Street Central Parking System for $10 for the entire day. Provide for a bit of traffic in the AM. Your day care timing seems to fit.
The DO seemed very efficient, my IO and the other staff were polite and professional. Be relaxed and be yourself. Take as much documents as possible, though they never seemed to ask for them. Most others who had come for interview did not seem to carry much documents.
Good luck to you and spouse.

Completed my Interview successfully today. Lasted for 10 min. Same straight questions like everyone mentioned. However She did go over the entire application with me completely. Mentioned the employment changes and she noted it.

The forum was very helpful. Thanks.

My Timeline:

05/29/08 - Application mailed
06/03/08 - Application Received date
06/03/08 - Priority date
06/06/08 - Check cashed
06/10/08 - Notice date
06/13/08 - Receipt Notice mailing date(USPS date)
06/16/08 - Receipt Notice received date(USPS delivery at home)
06/17/08 - Fingerprint Notice mailing date(USPS date)
06/19/08 - Fingerprint Notice received date(USPS delivery at home)
07/08/08 - Fingerprint appointment, completed
07/28/08 - Called uscis, spoke with rep, she mentioned no info available, too early wait for 1 yr.
08/15/08 - Called uscis, spoke with IO, IO told on jul 11 placed in queue for interview, cleared fingerprint, namecheck
08/15/08 - Interview letter Notice date
08/19/08 - Interview letter mailing date(USPS date)
08/21/08 - Interview letter received date(USPS delivery at home)
10/15/08 - Interview appointment, completed.

Completed my Interview successfully today. Lasted for 10 min. Same straight questions like everyone mentioned. However She did go over the entire application with me completely. Mentioned the employment changes and she noted it.

The forum was very helpful. Thanks.

My Timeline:

05/29/08 - Application mailed
06/03/08 - Application Received date
06/03/08 - Priority date
06/06/08 - Check cashed
06/10/08 - Notice date
06/13/08 - Receipt Notice mailing date(USPS date)
06/16/08 - Receipt Notice received date(USPS delivery at home)
06/17/08 - Fingerprint Notice mailing date(USPS date)
06/19/08 - Fingerprint Notice received date(USPS delivery at home)
07/08/08 - Fingerprint appointment, completed
07/28/08 - Called uscis, spoke with rep, she mentioned no info available, too early wait for 1 yr.
08/15/08 - Called uscis, spoke with IO, IO told on jul 11 placed in queue for interview, cleared fingerprint, namecheck
08/15/08 - Interview letter Notice date
08/19/08 - Interview letter mailing date(USPS date)
08/21/08 - Interview letter received date(USPS delivery at home)
10/15/08 - Interview appointment, completed.

Congr8s!!!

As you have mentioned earlier that you spoke to rep than called again & spoke to IO, Can you tell me how to get connected to IO? I am facing difficulty to get connected to IO. I called them & spoke with rep. Rep told me same thing to wait fr few months and if i don't hear anything than call back. She never told me exact status of my case. What did you say that connect you to IO ? Can you share your experience?

Thanks.

PD:09/08
FD:10/09
ID:??