Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Hi Sap283 and Muku,

I got fingerprinted on 06/21...I called the USCIS yesterday for a status update....and they mentioned that the interview letter has been mailed on 06/26....and that if I do not receive it within 2 weeks, I should call them so that they can generate a duplicate interview letter ( as i mentioned that i never received the NOA as it was lost in the mail)...

Since you guys had the FP done at the same time frame, you would be getting the IL soon...try calling USCIS and check your status....(say you never received NOA...that would transfer you to the IO)...

HTH.

Thanks.

Did the person tell you when your interview is scheduled for?

I did the FP on 25th

Hi Muku,

He said it would be at the end of August...although he cannot give the exact date...(don't know why)...he also mentioned that the interview would be at 970 Broad street, newark....this is all the information he provided....and asked me to check after 2 weeks if I did not receive the IL by then....

Mals, it seems that it only takes you 4 months to get the citizenship at Newark...is that fast? How come I see it takes at least 11 months on the CIS official site? Thanks for your comments as I just sent mine for Newark and I need it to be done as soon as possible.

Did the person tell you when your interview is scheduled for?

I did the FP on 25th

Amann - Does your online status changed? and what did you tell , I mean what was the reason you mentioned of calling , while you called USCIS.

Muku - Did you try to call?

I have FP on 07/07, I think I will give a try calling and checking the status 3-4 days after my FP is done.

Thanks for your inputs and please, keep posting updates here; I plan to do the same

NJGoose,

Tell him to open the champagne bottle..

his IL is on its way..

Regards

Thanks for the reply. You are right. My friend just got the interview letter yesterday and he is now as happy as a bird. He wondered why the USCIS would give such a misleading message to anxious prospective US citizens.

Muku - Did you try to call?

I have FP on 07/07, I think I will give a try calling and checking the status 3-4 days after my FP is done.

Thanks for your inputs and please, keep posting updates here; I plan to do the same

I was told that they are waiting to assign me an interview date and it will be done "momentarily". I am not sure what that means. I asked if my FP results were back and they person repeated that they were waiting to assign me an Interview Date - So I have no idea what that translates to.

Maybe I called too soon after FP

It's all USCIS spoof talk to mean that they really can't give you an accurate response as to when exactly you will be assigned an interview date.

It's all USCIS spoof talk to mean that they really can't give you an accurate response as to when exactly you will be assigned an interview date.

So, does USCIS track and make notes to your file every time you call to inquire? I was wondering if I call again today or in a day or so would they know ? I am worried about pissing them off by calling too often.

usc2008,
Yes it took only 4 months for me and also several other Feb March filers. I think it i sfast this year due to elections.

where to call for status?

Hi my friends,

My wife and I submitted N-400 in Dec 07 and had FP on the same day in Feb, I received the IL scheduled in July but she hasn't. We tried to use the online statue service for find her status at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp but it never worked and always says you entered a wrong number (we put in ESC*xxx, 13 digits total). Could you kindly share some info how you check your staus? I noticed some people called officers, what phone number do you use? thank you so much for your help

Hi Coaster, Call 1800-375-5283 and then press these options 1,2,2,6,2,4 , it will contact you to a customer service agent.

Question about Fingerprinting

Anyone who been to FP, Do they (USCIS) take picture while you go for N400 FP?

Is the interview and oath the same day?

Hi,

I have been under the impression that the interveiw and oath take palce the same day in newark. However I read the San Jose thread on this forum by accident, and found their interview and oath are on two seperate dates. They have to have the interview first then schedule the oath, uh...Any thoughts?

Hi,

I have been under the impression that the interveiw and oath take palce the same day in newark. However I read the San Jose thread on this forum by accident, and found their interview and oath are on two seperate dates. They have to have the interview first then schedule the oath, uh...Any thoughts?

Not all offices have Interview and Oath same day.

Similar Timeline as mals, but still waiting...

Feb. 12, 2008 (Send via Fedex)
Feb. 13, 2008 (Received and PD)
Mar. 05, 2008 (FP Done)
LUD: Mar. 05, 2008.

Newark, NJ DO
IL: Waiting...

Thanks Muku...
Any luck on getting date or IL update from CS?
Amann - Did you get the IL?

Hi Muku & Amann,

I had my FP done; it was relatively fast about 15 minutes.

However, my online status still has same message, did it change for you guys?

Any update on IL letter from you guys?