Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Hi Sap283,

I can also see the notice # on the check image...and also confirmed it with the IO when I called USCIS...but it does not appear on-line....The IO gave the same spin...saying it will appear in the on-line system 30 days from the date of notice...that is around June 27...

Thanks.

Completed our interview and took oath to become USC on 06/10/08

Friends,

Today (06/10/08) me and my wife went to Newark district office for our citizenship interview. We both got approved and took oath the same day. Details are below.

- Arrived at federal building 970 Broad Street around 7:15AM for 7:40AM appointment
- Waited in line to get inside the building until 7:30AM then we went through airport like security check.
- We went to 15th floor and dropped our interview letters at Window 1 around 7:40AM
- I was called in around 8:15AM by the officer. He was very nice and courteous.
- He went over the application asked 7 civic questions and asked me to write one english sentence. The civic questions were
1. What is constitution
2. What do we celebrate on July 4th
3. Who elects president
4. For how many years the president is elected
5. Name one right from the freedom of rights
6. Who is the highest executive of a state governement.
7. Who helped the pilgrims in america

-He took care of my name change request and then he congratulated me with N652 form and asked me to come back after an hour for oath. Total we spent 15 to 20 minutes. Thats all.
- Then my wife was called by some other officer and she went through the same things and her application was also recommended for approval.
- We both were waiting for our names to be called for oath, we were called one at a time around 11:00AM to window 6 and the lady at the window took our green cards and got our signatures on Nat. Certificates. She asked us to go to the Oath ceremony hall and wait there.
-We sat there for about 50 minutes and slowly more people joined us. Around 12 noon we were greeted by a sr. officer and we took oath and got nat certificates. We were also shown three short videos inside that hall. Thats all by 12:30 we were out with our nat certificates.

This forum has been very helpful to us. Our timelines are same and shown in my signature. We wish you all good luck.

Friends,

-He took care of my name change request and then he congratulated me with N652 form and asked me to come back after an hour for oath. Total we spent 15 to 20 minutes. Thats all.

This forum has been very helpful to us. Our timelines are same and shown in my signature. We wish you all good luck.

Congratulations vscn400!!!

Did you request name change, when you applied (i.e. Checked Yes in N-400 form? When you applied) or Just asked Officer at the time of interview to change it?

You answer is appreciated...

Congratulations vscn400!!!

Did you request name change, when you applied (i.e. Checked Yes in N-400 form? When you applied) or Just asked Officer at the time of interview to change it?

You answer is appreciated...

Sap283,

We requested for a name change when we applied. He had two name change forms ready and got two signatures in each at the time of interview. Hope this helps.

-vscn400

Hi Muku,
I am in the same boat...My check was encashed on 05/28...it has the ESC number on it....which does not work on the USCIS web site....Also, I have not received any notice / correspondence from them...as per the protocol, I will wait for 30 days before I call them....
HTH...

Hi Muku & Amann

My status started appearing online week after my check was cashed. Do you see status online now?

Also, have you guys received your NOA aka receipt notice?

Hi Sap283,

No...My receipt # does not appear on-line...I have not received the NOA notice or the FP notice either...I called USCIS and they can pull up my records from thier system with the notice # that appears on the check...they said it is not on the automated system yet....and it takes a few days before it starts appearing on the web site...

My concern now is since I have not received the NOA notice yet (they say they have mailed it)...it implies it has been lost in the mail...there are good chances that the FP notice would also be lost in the mail...and that will screw up things even more...if I miss the FP appointment...

Have you received the NOA letter yet....and the FP notice...

Thanks.

Saturrday 6/14 experience in Newark

I was scheduled for Interview and Oath on 6/14 at Newark.
Yes - Saturday, Flag Day !
My appointment was on the 15th floor.
Was called in about 30 mins after my interview time (10AM).
Interview was very quick, IO went through all pages of questionnaire firing the customary yes/no questions at me.
Then the IO verbally asked me 10 questions, all from the standard question set.
Was asked to write a short simple sentence in English.

Then got the paperwork for the Oath ceremony, which was held after about 2 hours. They conducted 2 ceremonies on this date.
We were all given small plastic flags since it was Flag day.

We were told that they have been doing Saturday sessions since January. This was mainly due to the upcoming fee increase in July and that 6/14 was the last Saturday session.

Considering that it was a Saturday and the large pool of interviewees, I would say that the staff are remarkably polite and professional.

Applied N-400 - Mar 1st week 08
Check Cashed - Mar 1st week 08
FP'ed - April 1st week
Interview and Oath - 6/14

Good Luck to all !
This is probably one of the more important forums on the internet , helping in the immigration journey for many folks.

Hi Muku & Amann

My status started appearing online week after my check was cashed. Do you see status online now?

Also, have you guys received your NOA aka receipt notice?

Mailed my app on May 21 and it was recieved on May 22. My check was cashed on May 29.

I see the ESC # on my check image, but it doesn't show up on USCIS website, unless I am reading it incorrectly.

Based on what I am reading on the check, I believe I am in the ESC*002187000 series.
I don't see any number from the 7000 and the 8000 series on the USCIS site - although I see numbers in the 6000 series for May 15 and 9000 series with July 2 priority date.

Mailed my app on May 21 and it was recieved on May 22. My check was cashed on May 29.

I don't see any number from the 7000 and the 8000 series on the USCIS site - although I see numbers in the 6000 series for May 15 and 9000 series with July 2 priority date.

Hi Amann & Muku

I still haven’t received that NOA, but as I said online status started appearing and it says receipt was mailed more that week before(I wont panic as , I think this is like rebate check, where they print check and then mail that after week or two).

However I just hope that this change right around our application time won’t affect us badly (I am hoping and expecting that our turn-around time may be like other folks in the forum i.e. 4 months)
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Hi Amann & Muku

However I just hope that this change right around our application time won’t affect us badly (I am hoping and expecting that our turn-around time may be like other folks in the forum i.e. 4 months)
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Actually, I did think that may could be one of the possibilities why some of us haven't heard anything back and why we aren't even seeing our status online.

What ever the case, I hope things get resolved quickly and we move along and get the entire process completed within the next couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Hi Muku and Sap283,

I spoke with an IO today ...and she mentioned that I should be receiving my Fingerprinting notice "momentarily"....and that If i do not receive it by the end of this week, I should call USCIS again...

Thanks.

Hi Muku and Sap283,

I spoke with an IO today ...and she mentioned that I should be receiving my Fingerprinting notice "momentarily"....and that If i do not receive it by the end of this week, I should call USCIS again...

Thanks.

Taking a cue from the two of you, I called USCIS and found out that they have mailed me my FP notice and I should be getting it any day now.

I also asked why I am not seeing my information online and was told that the Webmaster is not updating information on the website because (I am not sure I understood this part) - there is either too much information to post (meaning too many applicants) OR too much information people can find (about other applicants) through the website so they aren't posting to the USCIS site for everyone.

Hi Muku and Sap283,

I received the FP notice today by mail....the priority date is May 22, notice is dated June 10 and the FP is on June 25 at Newark...

Let me know when you receive your notices..

Thanks.

Hi Muku and Sap283,

I received the FP notice today by mail....the priority date is May 22, notice is dated June 10 and the FP is on June 25 at Newark...

Let me know when you receive your notices..

Thanks.

Great ... Congratulations to you guys. I am glad to know that processing is going on fast pace.

I got my receipt notice today and looking at your timeline I will be getting FP notice soon (Hopefully).

I am not sure about your notices, but I noticed something in my receipt notice. I can track my status online using receipt number mentioned on the notice, However I see another number on the lower left corner of my receipt which starts with ESC$00*******(I cant track this number online, yes it is $ sign not * asterisk). I wonder what this number this, just curious, if someone knows about it.

VSC/Newark N400 Application

Application mailed - 5/23/08
Application received - 5/29/08
Priority date - 5/29/08
Notice date - 6/10/08
Notice received - 6/16/08
Fingerprint appt date - 6/28/08
Interview letter received -
Interview scheduled -