Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Congratulations!!

Congratulatins Theobroma...Thanks for telling us about the timeline. You are done in six months, pretty good.

March 07 : Application sent
April 07 : Received Date, Priority Date
April 07 : Receipt notice
April 07 : Fingerprints notice
May 07 : Fingerprinting done at Newark
Sep 07 : IL received
Oct 31-07 : Interview scheduled at Newark at 1:00 pM, Oath at 5 PM.

Thanks to all the active members who helped make this process easier to take. The process today was pretty smooth. The officers have a sense a humour as well. She mentioned that Newark is the only office (atleast on the east coast) that does the oath on the same day as the interview.

Best wishes to everyone.

Got Receipt number by calling national customer service

I got National customer serivice number : 1-800-375-5283

Informed that it's been more than three months and didn't receive any receipt said please wait for a immigration officer, waited for 5 to 10 mins and
finally some one3 came in the line and asked few Verification questions A# , BirthDate ,Address ...Got receipt/file number finally after three months.

"Badboynj ", you mentioned you sent same day as mine 25th july. If you haven't received any receipt its good idea to call them.

Got the same day confirmaion for FP for me and my wife.

05/30/2002 --- GC
07/205/2007 ---- N400
07/26/2007 ---(application received by VSC)
10/26/2007 ---(Receipt mail date)(Have to call for this)
11/17/2007 ----(FP scheduled at Newark) , Same time for me and my wife.

thanks
waitforcit

The wait is over

Had my interview on Monday the 29th, and became a US citizen at last. The process was very smooth, and the adjudicating officer really professional. The one thing I would prepare for on interview day is a significant amount of waiting. My appointment was at 2pm. The interview was at 3, and only took about 20 minutes. However, the oath ceremony was not until five. On the other hand it was really great to get it all done in one day.

Here is my timeline:

Priority Date - March 22nd
Fingerprinting - mid-May
Interview Letter - first week September
Interview - October 29th.

Looking back I would say that everything really went very well. I did not use a lawyer, simply followed USCIS instructions to the T. The one thing obviously required is patience.

One suggestion I would make to everyone is to bring any relevant documents with you to the interview. For example, although not applying for a marriage-based naturalization, the marriage certificate came handily for other reasons during the interview. Also make sure to bring proof of having filed your taxes this year, and any payment schedule. I also brought children's birth certificates, last payroll statement, two pictures, a copy pf the deed to my house, and a refreshed list of travel. I would also suggest dressing reasonably well, and arriving well-kempt, as well as being polite to the officer without groveling. Also note that the civics questions will be read to you, and you will be expected to provide answers verbally, without actually reading the question.

Good luck everyone - it feels really good in the end.

Anyone who filed in May 07 has received their interview letter yet? It's unbelievable that some people who filed in JUNE have completed their interview session already (TSC case)!!! So much for VSC and CSC helping TSC, they can't help themselves.

TIA

At Least

it seemed like some April cases got their IL during Oct, therefore I hope May cases(like me) will receive our IL soon in NOV.

p.s. which case goes faters? NY case or NJ case?
I live in queens, NY.

Priority date May 02

My husband filed N-400 on May 2007 VSC here is the info:

PD 05/02/2007
NOA 05/11/2007
FP 06/07/2007
IL Not received yet

I am not sure if anyone has received their interview letters for May yet ....I am expecting it in November . I will let you guys know as soon as it arrives. Let me know if anyone applied on May 2nd or aorund that date and has received their IL .

Last edited by a moderator:
IL Not yet

Nikky..

I have send my application around last week of April ( 4/25).

I have not received the IL either.. I beleive the May IL's should be starting soon..

I have been postponing my vacation so far and now planning to take it after I get the IL ( preferably in January)..

Will let you know if i get the IL

My husband filed N-400 on May 2007 VSC here is the info:

PD 05/02/2007
NOA 05/11/2007
FP 06/07/2007
IL Not received yet

I am not sure if anyone has received their interview letters for May yet ....I am expecting it in November . I will let you guys know as soon as it arrives. Let me know if anyone applied on May 2nd or aorund that date and has received their IL .

I have the similar timeline, as well as the waiting period.
no IL so far...stay in info sharing~

Interview Descheduled (Rescheduled)

Hi,

My interview was scheduled for Nov 28 th, 2007. Today I received a big jolt saying that the interview has been descheduled. Please find exact wordings.

" This is to advise you that, due to unforseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 1:00 PM . We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

We will advise you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview information, under separate notice.

"

Please advise whether you have any information on this.

Thanks

My time line

Is this normal for this timeline? Newark , NJ processed. (whats PD?)
thanks

Mailed to VSC --- 15th June 07
PD --- ?
FP Notice Received --- July 07
FP Appointment --- 28th Aug 07
IL Received --- ?
Interview Scheduled --- ?
Oath --- ?
Passport --- ?

Is this normal for this timeline? Newark , NJ processed. (whats PD?)
thanks

Mailed to VSC --- 15th June 07
PD --- ?
FP Notice Received --- July 07
FP Appointment --- 28th Aug 07
IL Received --- ?
Interview Scheduled --- ?
Oath --- ?
Passport --- ?

PD - Priority Date , should be on your Notice of action letter that you received .That is the date that you should use for the processing timeline .

Hi,

My interview was scheduled for Nov 28 th, 2007. Today I received a big jolt saying that the interview has been descheduled. Please find exact wordings.

" This is to advise you that, due to unforseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 1:00 PM . We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

We will advise you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview information, under separate notice.

"

Please advise whether you have any information on this.

Thanks

Thats Interesting , i suggest you calling them to confirm. I remember when i had my interview 4 years ago the day we were scheduled for the interview there happened to be a snow storm , so many people did not show up to work so they rescheduled the interview . You should have your interview within a month so most probably eary December .

Thanks for the encouraging words. I am hoping that it is due to the week after thanks giving. May be one of the officers are taking time off etc.

My Online status disappeared today....

Seems Newark has started processing beyond the 4/18/2007 PD!!!

Hoping that I will get IL within a week!!!

Hello,
I have a question. My Fingerprint notice indicates my priority date as : 8th of June.
But online shows as 18th of June...
Do you know why I have this confusion?

Date sent: 05/30/2007
PD:06/08(18?)/2007
FP Notice: 06/28/2007
FP DATE:07/13/2007
IL:?

Online the date shown is the check cashed date in most cases.

Online, the date shown is the check cashed date in most cases. In my case it showed 5/23, but my PD is 5/16.

Also my friends case with PD 5/9 also disappeared from online today..

Storm prediction

Thats Interesting , i suggest you calling them to confirm. I remember when i had my interview 4 years ago the day we were scheduled for the interview there happened to be a snow storm , so many people did not show up to work so they rescheduled the interview . You should have your interview within a month so most probably eary December .

So the Newark office already knows that there will be big storm coming on Nov 28th.....huh.