Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Any new ILs?

Congrats maddie, waitingfor ins2 and badprapan2.

I was on vacation for last few weeks and just came back today. I have not got my IL yet.. I hope will get it soon..

Has anyone got their IL recently ?

My dates are

N400 Sent - April 25th
Cash Checked - May 5th
Finger print notice - May 13th
Finger print - May 30th
IL - ???

Hope you get it soon

Hi CTZN07,

Thanks but I am only half happy:) I received letter for wife but not for me:(
I guess I am stuck in name check.

Hopefully you should get the IL soon. If your status disappears thats a pretty good sign that IL is on the way.

Keep us posted.

Regards

To ctzn07

hi ctz,

thanks.

i did my fp on may 18th and u did on may 30th. so only a little diff. ur IL should b on its way.

good luck!

Still Waiting for receipt from VSC

Based on the nyarcher and AmIinTrouble posts from above they received their recipts.

My application was sent on same day 07/25/07 ,received on 07/26/07 by VSC ,chk cashed on 8/08/07,but still no receipt as of yesterday evening(10/17/07).

I can't see original chks i sent to VSC,since i sent bank cashiers chks.They are with the bank.

Is any body else in same boat?:confused:

From the uscis update it says they only processed until 25th for N400 in VSC, based on nyarcher and AmIinTrouble posts,appears to be not,they processed more.

waitforcit

Still Waiting for receipt from VSC

This is for waitforcit.

I am in the same boat as you cuz I submitted the application on July 27th and did not recieve any receipt from VSC. I also called them and they told me that as of oct 12, they were sending out receipts for the cases submitted on July 25th. you can find the same info on www.uscis.gov. I guess couple more days and we should get our receipts. Let's hope for the best

Any new updates?

Our Newark thread has been quiet for some time .. Any new updates on IL letter..

The last IL letters were sent in September end time frame and the last interview scheduled is so far dec 12th... Has anyone got any new ILs??

Date sent - April 26th
FP notice - May 13
FP done - May 30th
IL - ??
Interview - ???

My fiancy got interview letter on 6th. october,2007. Her interview is scheduled on 20th. December,2007.

23/04/2007: N-400 sent date
29/06/2007: Fingerprint done
06/10/2007: Interview letter received
20/12/2007: Interview & Oath sceduled
**/**/****: US passport ????

My Fiancée got interview letter on 6th. october,2007. Her interview is scheduled on 20th. December,2007.

23/04/2007: N-400 sent date
29/06/2007: Fingerprint done
06/10/2007: Interview letter received
20/12/2007: Interview & Oath sceduled
**/**/****: US passport ????

Masoon, Thank you for the update..

has there been any updates on the online status.. My status still remains the same.. Since I do consulting.. I can only check my mails once a week.. Hope i did not loose it in the mail..

Once again.. Thank you ....

Friendly advice

Masoon, Thank you for the update..

has there been any updates on the online status.. My status still remains the same.. Since I do consulting.. I can only check my mails once a week.. Hope i did not loose it in the mail..

Once again.. Thank you ....

ctzn07,

I just saw your note. Actually I am a consultant too and checking mail on regular basis is not easy for us, especially when we are away from home and traveling. You are checking your mail once a week which is good coz usually you will get atleast 3 weeks of notice prior to your interview date.

Now, this is what I would do. Pick up a certain day of the week, may be 3 days before & after you usually check your US mail. Call USCIS cust service number at 1-800-375-5283 (Select options 1,2,6 and 0). Ask the operator to connect your call to the officer. Ask the officer to give you the status on your pending N-400. He or she will tell you if your IL has been issued along with the date / time. I did this & it worked for me. They are very accurate and this way if your IL is on it's way, you will know ahead of time as well.

Good luck.

still waiting and i think we will see more delays

I called the number you posted. I couldnt talk with the officer. The only notice I got was "you will get an update within 90-120 days."..
They informed me that March 07 's priority date's are being processed. Mine is June''07 so I have to wait..I think the overall process is somewhere around 9 months now.

PR:August 02
PD: June 07
FP: July 07
ID: Waiting

Info

Hi Leyefe

Some apr-07 people already got interview letters so there is some discrepancey in the information. I am apr-07 filer and my wife got IL for dec 07 but I am still waiting.

If you will not be stuck in name check then..
if you filed say on 15 jun..expect your IL around 29th of November for February 08 interview date.

My predictions are normally right-:)

All the best.

thank you

I hope you are right.
I was assuming for Feb. to be the interview month but I was losing my hopes.
It would be very nice to see an interview letter in the month of november or early december :)

Infopass :-(

Did my Infopass... the reply was the same.... Waiting in queue for interview.. If you do not hear in 3 weeks.. come again :-(...

Hope we do hear the new IL mailing news soon...

Has anyone recently got any ILs after Oct 10th ?

Application sent - April 25th
FP notice - May 13th
FP - May 30th
IL - ???
Interview - ?????

Interview passed in Newark, NO oath on the same day

Dear All: I had my interview on Oct 17, 2007. The officer told be that I am approved, but she can not schedule for the oath on the same day, since her decision had to be confirmed by some 'other' department. She told me that I should receive an invitaiton to oath ceremony within a month. Could you please share similar experinces? How long does it take to receive an oath letter in Newark? Thanks!

I never heard that oath was on other date in Newark..wow things are being changed OMG more waiting perioddddd

be patient ctzn07

Hi CTZN07,

I guess you just need to be patient. If they told you you are in queue for interview that is a very good news indeed. my PD is 04/12 and I have not received IL yet. my wife's PD is same and she received it for 12/03. I suppose I am stuck in dreaded namecheck.

I suppose you will get your IL in a month from the trend that I have seen. one of my friends sent the application on 07/26 and he received NOA just yesterday. so considering that you are just a couple weeks off..you will get good news very soon.

Regards

Different Oath/Interview Dates?

Dear All: I had my interview on Oct 17, 2007. The officer told be that I am approved, but she can not schedule for the oath on the same day, since her decision had to be confirmed by some 'other' department. She told me that I should receive an invitaiton to oath ceremony within a month. Could you please share similar experinces? How long does it take to receive an oath letter in Newark? Thanks!

Thanks Karabas for bringing this to everyone's attention!

Anyone else have this experience? My interview and oath are both scheduled for 12/12. And I have plans to travel 10 days after that. But if they are starting to separate the oath and interview dates, then I have to start thinking about alternatives.

Anyone who interviewed recently at Newark please respond.

Thanks!

04/17/07 : Application sent by UPS
04/18/07 : Received Date, Priority Date
05/02/07 : Receipt notice
05/10/07 : Fingerprints notice
05/23/07 : Fingerprinting done at Newark
10/02/07 : Case status disappears online
10/04/07 : IL received (dated 09/29/07)
12/12/07 : Interview/Oath scheduled at Newark at 8:00 AM

Newark Timelines

March 07 : Application sent
April 07 : Received Date, Priority Date
April 07 : Receipt notice
April 07 : Fingerprints notice
May 07 : Fingerprinting done at Newark
Sep 07 : IL received
Oct 31-07 : Interview scheduled at Newark at 1:00 pM, Oath at 5 PM.

Thanks to all the active members who helped make this process easier to take. The process today was pretty smooth. The officers have a sense a humour as well. She mentioned that Newark is the only office (atleast on the east coast) that does the oath on the same day as the interview.

Best wishes to everyone.