Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

FP Notice Received: PD July 2, 2007

Hello All:

We received FP notice yesterday. However, me and my wife have different appt. dates. I got Aug 14th and she got Aug 11th. Is there any number we can call to schedule appt on the same day?

Documents Mailed using USPS Cerified Mail: June 30, 2007
Documents received at USCIS: July 2, 2007
Checks Cashed: July 13, 2007
PRIORITY DATE: July 2, 2007
FINGERPRINT DATES: Aug 14 and Aug 11, 2007

I'm done with my citizenship process, it was uneventful and fairly pleasant.

My wife and I were scheduled for 8 am. We reached around 7.30. Parked on the Court St parking lot, thanks sury and psamy, $10 for all day parking.

There was a line outside which we joined, around 7.40 we were let in. Went through security, they had us put everything we had in a little basket which was scanned in a scanner similar to those found in airports. The security check was also similar to the ones at airports. I was asked to raise my trouser legs upto my knees.

Went to the 15th floor and waited. I was the second person to be called so I went in by 8.05 am and was out in less than 10 minutes. My wife was only called around 10 am. The IO was in a tearing hurry and just zoomed through the application. At the end I gave her two corrected sheets, one which had an incorrect date for one of my places of residence and the other was about a Canada trip I'd forgotten to mention. She said forget about the Canada trip as it was only for a weekend. The date she corrected on my application. Next the Civics test, was asked 6 questions, all very simple. Wrote my name across the two photographs and I was done.

We were asked to be back by 11.30 at which time we submitted a simple questionnaire which asked if any of the following had changed since our interview - marriage/arrested for crime.. blah blah.. you just have to check "No" for all of them. Along with the questionnaire we also submitted our GCs.

Was asked to come back at 12.30. Waited from 12.30 till 1.45 when we were taken to the Oath Ceremony room where we watched a 5 Min video and then a short speech by Bush, the only unsavory part of the whole affair. A supervisor then administered the oath and then explained about how to get a passport. She also said the law had been changed and it is now legal to make copies of the Certificate of Naturalization although the certificate itself has a stamp saying it's illegal to make copies, go figure.

Now on to the next steps -

Apply for passports
Apply for OCI
Apply for son's passport
Send in N600 for son

Best of luck to all of you who are waiting :)

Dan

IL letter anyone?

Congrats Dandan. :)

It seems Vernmont has started issuing IL now.

Has anyone recently got Interview letters? There were few threads today in the washington DC tracker where they got the IL letter today ( ID is September) .. Hopefully we should hear soon ..

Any new IL?

Has anyone recently got any Interview letters?

I am having travel plans in mid of september.. Thinking whether I should postpone the trip..

My PD is May 1st and I have not seen IL's for PD with March 07 so far... So i hope mine will be after September..In that case i do not need to postpone my travel plans...

Any comments?

PD in april no IL

Hi,

I have PD 04/13/07 and FP done on 05/18.

As I said in previous posts..the processing has slowed down.
I am expecting my IL in 1st or 2nd week of september with ID in November.
You can extrapolate from this based on your PD.

I havent seen any ILs with PD in march. The above is based on if we dont get stuck in namecheck. If it does then God help us:)

Regards

Did anyone get a receipt for July mailings

Has anyone who mailed their application in July get a FP notice or even just acknowledgement of receipt?

Thanks

Hello there.

I applied in late Feb. My PD is March 5. Fingerprints were done on 6/07. I just got my interview letter on Friday.

The interview is October 3 at Newark.

Good luck to those who are still waiting.

ryanj,

Is there a delay in you going for fingerprints (June 7)?
Because with PD of Mar 5, the FP must have been in April.

Hello there.

I applied in late Feb. My PD is March 5. Fingerprints were done on 6/07. I just got my interview letter on Friday.

The interview is October 3 at Newark.

Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Waiting for Receipt

mailed applications in July for both me and my wife in same USPS next day ...Waiting for acknowledgement receipt .

Thanks

GC Received :05/2002(Me), 06/2002(For my wife)
Mailed to VSC.
Mailed Date: 07/25/2007
Delivered on: 07/26/2007
Check cashed: Some Time between 08/01/07 and 08/10/07.Sent Cashiers check , bank didn't tell me the exact date when check was cashed.

I have sent the application July 23, no sign of receipt notice yet. I guess the recent rush of 485 applications has pushed the dates off.

mailed applications in July for both me and my wife in same USPS next day ...Waiting for acknowledgement receipt .

Thanks

GC Received :05/2002(Me), 06/2002(For my wife)
Mailed to VSC.
Mailed Date: 07/25/2007
Delivered on: 07/26/2007
Check cashed: Some Time between 08/01/07 and 08/10/07.Sent Cashiers check , bank didn't tell me the exact date when check was cashed.

ryanj,

Is there a delay in you going for fingerprints (June 7)?
Because with PD of Mar 5, the FP must have been in April.

I don't know why they delayed, but they delayed. They must have found something interesting in my file. It could be anything, from a relative of mine who was deported, to me being registered with BATFE as an employee posessor (I work with explosives).

I didn't get the FP letter until early May.

Last edited by a moderator:
N400 Delays at VSC

Hi all

As per the Immigration deptd press release, VSC has processed (means put it in the system) N400 applications received till 7/11.

So I guess it will be a while before the receipts and FP notices are received

Waiting for Receipt from VSC

I also sent applications via FedEx on 7/21/07 for myself and my wife. They were delivered to VSC on 7/23/07 and subsequently the checkes were cashed on 7/30/07. I have not reveived any receipt yet.

I would like to know if anyone with these dates have received the receipt from VSC already.

I have sent my application late last month and received at Vermont as per US Mail tracking on July 29th. The checks have not been cashed yet and I did not receive any acknowledgement. Can any one share information who have sent it late last month?

Thanks very much

I Sent Application on 7/26/07 Check Cashed 8/10/07. Did not receive any receipt #. I got my ESC # on the check, but it is only 12 digit. Can I look for status on USCIS site? Please let me know the URL for checking status. Does it take this long (1 Month) for recpt?