N400 Received: 9/11/2006
PD: 9/12/2006
N400 notice & FP notice received (both on same day): 9/22/2006
FP: 9/28/2006
IL: ??
ID: ??
OD: ??

waiting for the oath letter

I posted previously that at the time of interview on 19th sept, IO told that I passed the interview. He said that systems are not working today due to that I will not be able to take the oath. Once they schedule the oath some other day, they will send the oath letter in mail.
When even after a month, I did not get the oath letter, I called national service center number to inquire about when will I get the oath letter. The officer said that my oath is still not scheduled. It is only one month since the interview date. I should wait until end of november and if I don't get the letter by end of november, I should call them again.
Cheetah00, jim0906, forastero,
Did you get the oath letter yet?
Please reply.

Still waiting for oath letter

hari0912, Cheetah00, forastero,

I am still waiting for Oath letter. I was also told that I cleared Interview. I suspect that they are waiting for some clearance. Just to avoid further question, they might be saying "system is down".

It will take 4 months for all those waiting for oath, unless you are stuck in Name check.

oath letter received

Hi All,

I too have been interviewed on September 21, 2006 and was told that system is down.

Today, I received the appointment letter for the oath taking scheduled on November 14, 2006.

I hope the others will receive theirs too.

Oath & Interview

Is nobody getting the interview and oath done on the same day anymore?
Or is it just a few unlucky ones that get the "system is down" excuse?

lca said:

My wife had interview and the Oath on the same day in early October.

lca said:

For newark office system down means it is time for a donut break. :rolleyes:

I am just thrilled I don't have to deal with those clowns anymore.

I had a very simple interview. Not much asked . First couple of minutes looked at the application. No questions there. Then I had a name change process. that took another 5 minutes. Then 3 simple questions- where Congress meets? who can declare war? and what does congress do? Then the officer gave a letter saying that I'm eligible for citizenship. Went ard 8.15am and got interview call at 10am. Total time for the interview was 15 minutes. Don;t forget to take couple of passport pictures. They need it on the citizenship certificate. Otherwise you end up paying $10 for pictures in near by place. We waited till 2pm for the oath. Oath took ard half hour. We are out of the building by 3pm.

Priority date : June 27th 2006
FP: July 15th 2006
Oath: October 19th, 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it appears that the "system is not down" in October. People are having oath and interview on the same days.

Holmdel,

How many passport photos were asked from you for the certificate of citizenship?

Mindi

Additional pictures needed?

holmdel said:
Don;t forget to take couple of passport pictures. They need it on the citizenship certificate.

Does one need to bring additional pictures for the citizenship certificate? And what do they do with those 2 pictures one sent them in the very beginning - along with the N-400 application?

Thanks!

Had my interview on Monday....no additional pictures needed. You will need to sign your 2 photos you sent with the N-400 filing.

dl7631 said:
Does one need to bring additional pictures for the citizenship certificate? And what do they do with those 2 pictures one sent them in the very beginning - along with the N-400 application?

Thanks!
You need 2 pictures.
One picture they paste it on the certificate of citizenship (You need to sign on that). second one they keep it with them. The day we were there they asked everyone to get 2 pictures. Could it be becoz I heard they changed the picture type.....Now they took out the side pose picture (showing your left ear) policy.
I sent with N 400 side pose pictures. Judge your self

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview on October 25th

Hi ,
I had my interview and Oath at Newark yesterday .The interview was very simple with 5 or 6 questions from the Civics booklet . The officer did not ask me for new photographs. If the initial ones you sent conformed to the requirements , you can just sign those. Had a 9.39 appointment, was out of the building by 3 with my naturalization certificate .
Thanks to everyone on this forum . Your detailed posts and interview experience helped a lot.
Here is my timeline
N 400 mailed : July 6th
PD : July 10th
FP : July 21st
ID : October 25th

Multiple A# for my file

I went for my Nat. Interview today at Newark, NJ. I passed the Civics and the English Test but was given a note that a decision couldnot be made due to Multiple A# for my name.
When I had filed my N400 I had mentioned that I had an EAD in the past from my F1 days with a different A#. But in addition to that the interviewer said there exists a third A# ( I amnot sure how and from where) and that he has to wait for that file from National Records Center. He said it will be a long wait and that contacting Congressman WILLNOT speed up and asked me to wait. In the notice he gave me this third A# is mentioned. Is it possible to retrieve this A# myself.
Also what do you think could be a best way to expedite the processing on this. InfoPass doesnt give proper reply until 120 days. Also as regards to lawsuit what do you suggest - Pro se, 1447(b) or Mandamus. Which will be cheaper/more efficient in my scenario.

Thanks.

I gave my FP on 10/06/06 and still have not received the interview letter. The case status has also not disappeared from the website.
Has anyone given the FP around same time and got the interview notice?

Thanks
patkt

10 year immigration journery over.

Yesterday my wife and me had our interview at 2.06 pm. Went around 1.15pm. Dropped the interview letter in the window 1. Waited for over an hour. She got called first for the interview around 2.20pm and she went to the interview. She came back 2.30 and said she cleared it. I got called around 2.50pm. First asked me to swear that everything I say is true. Then asked me to sit. Asked my green card and passport. Went through it for a minute. And then went through my application. Confirmed if I still work with the same company. Asked if I still reside at the same address. Asked how many times I was married. I said one. Asked how many times my wife was married. I said one. The interviewer was definitely an uptight guy. Then started with the civics questions. Asked 6 or 7 questions. Answered all of them correct. Then asked me to write a line in English in a paper. Then he looked at the line. Then he asked me to sign my full name (first name and last name - not the way you usually sign) in the N-400 interview section and then the oath section. Right then I knew my immigration journey has completed. Happily I signed all 3 places. Then he gave me the interview results sheet in which it said I cleared the test. He also said I passed the test. And then gave me the oath ceremony form and asked me to go the waiting room where we initially were waiting. Total time was around 10 minutes. There were about 60 other people who came for the interview. Most of them cleared. Later around 4pm a lady in the window 5 called each of our names and asked to sign the Naturalization certificate. Also she took the green card from each of us. She asked us to keep waiting for the oath ceremony. About 5pm an officer came and asked whether we want to do the oath in front of the judge or in the same hall itself. Most of us told the same room since we were all tired of waiting. And then he asked us to stand take the oath. And then both of us became citizens. He called us by the names and handed our Naturalization certificates. We both happily returned to the home.

Thanks for everyone in this forum. And definitely most thanks to Mr. Rajiv Khanna for providing and maintaining this great forum which has been helping me from my green card and all the way to my citizenship.

Anan

PD: 07/18/06
FP: 08/08/06
Case last updated on: Aug 19. (received the IL on Aug 23rd)
ID and Oath: 10/30/06.

Waiting for Oath Ceremony

jim0906 said:
I had my citizenship interview on Sep 20th at Newark. After interview, officer told me that I cleared exam, but I have to wait for oath as system is down. I am still waiting.

I am just wondering what they meant by system is down. Are they waiting for FBI /Name check clearance?

Cheetah00, hari0912, forastero, please post if you receive oath letter.

Hi guys,

I had the same exact situation. Interview was on Sept 19, 2006
Officer said that the system was down as well.

Anyone who interviewed between Sept 18-Sept 22, received ceremony schedule already?
Any chance i can followup with the officer?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks