Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Interview was a breeze

Had my interview at Newark. Took not more than 10 mins. The officer questioned a bit about my five traffic tickets but said it was not a big deal. 5-6 civics questions and then he started chatting about basketball (he asked me whether I went to school in the U.S. and when I mentioned Indiana, thats when the basketball chat started). A very pleasant experience - had my interview scheduled for 8:30am, was done by 10am, came back for the oath ceremony at 11:30am, and I had the certificate by around 2:30pm. The wait for the oath ceremony was slightly long but nothing to complain about - took me exactly 3 months from start to finish. Timelines as below.

KS

wow that's nice...I've never even had a parking ticket and it took 6 months from the time i had my FPs taken to when I got my interview letter... go figure... I know there was another guy on here who was almost bragging about being arrested more than once and he went through the whole process in about 3 month... my stepdad, who had a traffic violation, applied a month AFTER me and is a already a citizen as of September... So my advice would be, if you want want to become a citizen in 3 months or less: BREAK THE LAW... I never had and look where it got me (and by the way my name isn't "Osama" or anything like that either.... I'm English... lol).. I am being humurous but if u jumped the border illegaly, or ran a red light on that night you drove home after having little too much to drink, YOU'RE A SHOE IN!

My Timeline:

03/27/06: mailed N-400
04/22/06: FP
10/28/06: Interview letter received
01/03/07: Interview scheduled

Jerzee8302 said:
My Timeline:

Did you mean you received your Interview letter on 09/28/06 rather than 10/28/06?

Thanks!

Jerzee8302 said:
(and by the way my name isn't "Osama" or anything like that either.... I'm English... lol) ...

My Timeline:

Another question: How rare is your first/last name combination? If it is not Osama bin Laden but something like "Joe McKinnell", then the chances are your application took so long partly because there were quite a few matches for your name among the 60 million names in FBI's database of fellons, terrorists, criminals, etc. that they have to check each applicant's name against.

Here's my timeline:

PD: 06/26/2006
FP: 07/11/2006
IL: ??

I registered online and I didn't see any updates after fingerprinting. Last updated was 07/04. Anybody know how to check on finger printing? Any information would help. Thank you.

Oath Letter Still Not Received

HI HARI and EVERYONE ELSE in smilar situation

I have not received the oath letter as of Today Nov 7th

DO u guys have it yet, did u contact them. I am thinking of contacting them

browny said:
Here's my timeline:

PD: 06/26/2006
FP: 07/11/2006
IL: ??

I registered online and I didn't see any updates after fingerprinting. Last updated was 07/04. Anybody know how to check on finger printing? Any information would help. Thank you.

My Time Line:
PD 7/17/2006
Las Update : 7/27/2006.
FP: 8/05/2006
IL:???

In this forum, I see people who submitted their applications in september who have gotten their ILs. There is no rhyme or reason as to why some people are getting it faster than others. We got our GC in Dec 1997, moved twice since. Relegiously filed the Address change and I do not have even a single traffic violation.

There are no gaurantees with USCIS.

Bhags

oath letter

cheetah00 said:
HI HARI and EVERYONE ELSE in smilar situation

I have not received the oath letter as of Today Nov 7th

DO u guys have it yet, did u contact them. I am thinking of contacting them

interviewed on Sept 19, 2006, the officer said 'wait 2-3 weeks', and you will receive the appointment by mail.

As of Nov 7, i havent gotten anything. I scheduled an infopass for next week, we'll see what they'll say.

I still did not receive the oath letter. When I called the national number, officer who took my call, asked me to wait until end of november and if I still do not get the letter then call again.

Bhags,

I did call FBI this morning and they confirmed they received finger printing on the sameday and sent a reply back within 24 hours, but case is not updated after that. May be the system was down?

Anybody took an infopass for similar type of problem?

thanks.

waiting for oath letter

hari0912 said:
I still did not receive the oath letter. When I called the national number, officer who took my call, asked me to wait until end of november and if I still do not get the letter then call again.

Interviewed on 9/19 and never got oath letter either.

browny,

Can you please post information as to how you contacted the FBI? I mean the phone number,etc.

I did my FP on 10/06/06 and have not received any updates after that. I know that it may be too early for my case but I just want to make sure.

Thank you,
patkt

browny said:
Bhags,

I did call FBI this morning and they confirmed they received finger printing on the sameday and sent a reply back within 24 hours, but case is not updated after that. May be the system was down?

thanks.

Last Updated Date for the case is not necessarily updated after fingerprint results have been received by USCIS.

There is no need for you to worry at this stage.

browny said:
Bhags,

thanks.

Browny,

I got the same reply from FBI a few weeks ago. My friend whose timeline is very similar to yours took a InfoPass last week. She and her husband filed for citizenship the same time, sent the applications in the same envelope, did FP on the Same day. He became a US citizen as of Oct 4th. But she has to yet get her IL. She was told that she has to wait till the Priority dates get current, and as of October 12th the PD is MArch 15th.

Bhags

patkt,

Here you go:

(304) 625-5590 Press option #3, I called around 8 AM, no waiting time at all.

Bhags,

Thank you for the information, I was thinking of infopass, now we just have to wait, may be 5 more months.

Waiting for Interview Letter: Newark

HI all...thanks for this very informative forum:

Here is my time line...

Pkg mailed on Sep 2ost, 2006
PD date: Sep 22nd.
FP Letter: Oct 1st
FP Date: Oct 11th
IL Letter: not received yet

I know some of u have applied before me and are still waiting...I just wanted to know as I read in some posts that the case status disspeared...I check the status every day...and hasn't changed from the PD date of Sep 22nd.

- What do u mean when u say case status disapeard. when u login and click on the reaiept number link...does it disspear at that time...what is supposed to happen..!

- Aslo...I read some posts about calling FBI (304) number...what does it do...? what does it signify..when should one call..!

Any information would be helpfull...like everyone...want to get this over with asap ..!

Here is my time line...

Pkg mailed on Sep 2ost, 2006
PD date: Sep 22nd.
FP Letter: Oct 1st
FP Date: Oct 11th
IL Letter: not received yet

I know some of u have applied before me and are still waiting...I just wanted to know as I read in some posts that the case status disspeared...I check the status every day...and hasn't changed from the PD date of Sep 22nd.

- What do u mean when u say case status disapeard. when u login and click on the reaiept number link...does it disspear at that time...what is supposed to happen..!

- Aslo...I read some posts about calling FBI (304) number...what does it do...? what does it signify..when should one call..!

Any information would be helpfull...like everyone...want to get this over with asap ..!