Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Got the letter

lca said:
Warsingh,
The only other thing is that you can open "USCIS case status online" & register with your Priority number.
You see a message like "your application has been received bla..bla bah"

Login and check status everyday.
One day you will see a message like "Case Not Found".

Past history with most candidates shows that this message means interview letter is on it way within the next 7 days.
Thanks, Ica.
I did register with my receipt number but when I login it shows no cases added to your portfolio, when I try to add it with my receipt number it says validation error, trying to add case that doesn't exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
My case status

Hello everyone,
Well just wanted to join the forum since I got my FP done today. Here is my timeline.

Application Date: 09/05/2006
PD: 09/11/06
FP date: 10/06/06
Interview:??

Eagerly awaiting Interview notice now!

Good Luck
patkt

I am a new member and this is my first posting.

I plan to apply for citizenship, along with my wife. Can I send the two applications together as single mail? Also, can I send a single check?

Thanks.

govindm said:
I am a new member and this is my first posting.

I plan to apply for citizenship, along with my wife. Can I send the two applications together as single mail? Also, can I send a single check?

Thanks.

Single Mail is fine but two separate checks. One for each.

one check?

Hi, is that one check for both the application fee $330 and also the biometric services fee $70?

Thank you very much.

AwayNJ said:
Hi, is that one check for both the application fee $330 and also the biometric services fee $70?

Thank you very much.

Yes. One check for $400 (application fee + biometric fee) per application is fine.

imatree said:
My N-400 timeline is similar to that of Yishin's wife. I should not complain about NWK's efficiency. But my interview will be 3 days before 5 years, which means I have to go there again for the oath ceremony. To make it worse, my baby is due at the end of November. Anybody had similar experiences before? Is it possible to ask the IO kindly give me a specific oath ceremony date? Any advice will be deeply appreciated.
Since your interview is 3 days prior to 5 yrs residency, I think , they will have to reschedule your interview to a later date. It is their mistake to give you interview date prior to 5 yrs.

patkt said:
Hello everyone,
Well just wanted to join the forum since I got my FP done today. Here is my timeline.

Application Date: 09/05/2006
PD: 09/11/06
FP date: 10/06/06

Eagerly awaiting Interview notice now!

Good Luck
patkt

I scanned this thread " N-400 timeline for Newark , N.J. " . I can summerise some recent Application Date/ PD V/S Interview Dates. The summary looks like this:

Application date ---- - Interview Date
--------------- ------------------
20 may 06 ---- 7 sept 06
19 may 06 ---- 7 sept 06
13 nov 05 ----- 14 may 06
8 august 06 ---- 2 nov 06
17 july 06 ---- 9 nov 06
4 august 06 ---- 11 sept 06
3 june 06 ----- 19 sept 06
9 august 06 ---- - 28 nov 06

Thsi may help to estimate current timeline in Newark .

2 months after FP no change in status

:confused: My time line:
PD: 7/17/06
FP:8/5/06
Online status last changed - 7/27/06.
ID : ????

Does this mean I am stuck in the "Name Check" black hole? :( Anyone one with similar timeline ?

Thnx
Bhags

Still waiting for oath letter

Interview experiance at Newark
I had my interview on 19th Sept, 2006. Everything went well and IO told me that my application is approved and you passed the interview but our systems are not working. Due to that we will send you the oath letter in the mail in couple of days. It is around three weeks and I am still waiting for the oath letter. Did any one else had same issue and still waiting for the oath letter or any one had same experiance and got the oath letter? How long it normally takes to get the oath letter? Should I take infopass appointment? Please reply

waiting(forever) for oath letter

I also had my interview on September 19, and the interviewing officer said that I passed and that, because the system was down that day, they would send me the oathtaking letter by mail. I still haven't received such letter.

hari0912 said:
Interview experiance at Newark
I had my interview on 19th Sept, 2006. Everything went well and IO told me that my application is approved and you passed the interview but our systems are not working. Due to that we will send you the oath letter in the mail in couple of days. It is around three weeks and I am still waiting for the oath letter. Did any one else had same issue and still waiting for the oath letter or any one had same experiance and got the oath letter? How long it normally takes to get the oath letter? Should I take infopass appointment? Please reply

You will get it in 3 months from the interview date.

bhags said:

Does this mean I am stuck in the "Name Check" black hole? :( Anyone one with similar timeline ?

Thnx
Bhags

My timelines:
PD:7/24/06
FP: 8/10/06
ID: ??
I can't check status online but I checked with FBI that my FP report was sent to CIS on the same day. Some applicant's are getting their ID within a few months of the PD. According to last update of processing times, Newark is now processing N400 received on February 10, 2006. I wonder what is going on. Wiil someone, who got their ID within a short time please tell us if there was anything special about their application like military service.

bhags said:

Thnx
Bhags

My timelines:
PD:7/24/06
FP: 8/10/06
ID: ??
I can't check status online but I checked with FBI that my FP report was sent to CIS on the same day. Some applicant's are getting their ID within a few months of the PD. According to last update of processing times, Newark is now processing N400 received on February 10, 2006. I wonder what is going on. Wiil someone, who got their ID within a short time please tell us if there was anything special about their application like military service.

Nothing special warsingh. It is just luck.
We waited so long for Green cards and another 5 years for citizenship.
What is a few months delay in around 10 years of stay?
You will get it.

Waiting for oath letter

I had my citizenship interview on Sep 20th at Newark. After interview, officer told me that I cleared exam, but I have to wait for oath as system is down. I am still waiting.

I am just wondering what they meant by system is down. Are they waiting for FBI /Name check clearance?

Cheetah00, hari0912, forastero, please post if you receive oath letter.

Hi everyone

I just received my interview letter... :D ...interview date is December 14 and office is Newark, NJ. My time line is below. I just hope everything will go smoothly and hopefully system would not be down!! ;)

Citizen1980,
Congratulations!! I had my application received(and FP done) just 1 week after you. So hopefully my interview letter will come soon.

Keep us posted,
patkt

patkt,
Can you Please post your timeline i.e. dates of application sent , Check encashed, Priority Date, FP date etc . ?

My Timeline

My Timeline is as follows:

N400 Applied on : 09/05/06
N400 PD: 09/11/06
FP done :10/06/06

Thanks