Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

skijef, Can you please post your time line.. Thanks.

Also recently anyone received ILs for Newark DO?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

Good to hear Deer. I wonder why they dont schedule oath the time they approve. I had a similar problem as you did, my case was approved on July 3rd (took Infopass and also called 800 number to confirm), but no oath letter yet.

I'm going to take another infopass. Also wrote to them. My hurry is because I am leaving the country soon, fingers crossed they schedule oath in the next 2 months.

Keep us updated if you get the oath letter.

egad

Deer said:
Yes, it is easy to park near Newark office. There is a parking lot right behind the building which charges $12/day.

it is NOT the same address as for FP, and you'll get an opportunity to update any information during your interview. The officer reviews the application and asks if anything has changed.

BTW, an update on my pending case (for those who are stuck with 2 "A" file issues at Newark) -

I took an infopass a couple of days ago and was told that my case has been approved (after more than 5 months of interview) and I should get the oath letter within a month or so.

I am almost done... will update once I receive the oath letter.

What is the phone number to call at Newark, so I can talk to the officer who interviewed me or the supervisor? I had called left message supposedly for the supervisor several weeks ago but haven't had a response. It will be 120 days in another three weeks, since my petition for naturalization was "approved" but I wasn't given the oath. Thanks.

Status disappeared from USCIS Website!!!!

Hi all,
I was able to see my case status on the uscis website the last time I checked (last tuesday Aug 8th). But today, when I tried to look at the status to see if they have updated after my Fingerprints, I got the following message-
"Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application. "

Did anyone encounter this?

Thanks.

----------------------------
Receipt Date: 07/17/06
PD: 07/17/06
FP: 08/05/06.

sharing experience

Does anybody know exact times (am, pm) Newark administer oath?
My Notice of oath ceremony says to appear at 8 am. :confused:
My understanding is it doesn't happen till around 11:30

N-400 Sent: January 19, 2006
Priority Date: January 26, 2005
Fingerprint Date: February 21, 2006
Interview Notice Received: May 14, 2006
Interview Date: June 5, 2006
Oath Date Scheduled: August 30, 2006

Interview was painless and easy even though I had arrest record and a couple of (dismissed) traffic tickets. Though, my oath was rescheduled. The officer said they had a computer problem and i'd have to wait for Invitation in the mail in 4-6 weeks. After 2 months I made infopass appointment, yet only got to speak to the lady on the 3rd floor. Appointment was on mon, surprisingly enough, on thurs the oath letter was sitting in the mailbox! :)

holmdel said:
skijef, Can you please post your time line.. Thanks.

Also recently anyone received ILs for Newark DO?

I don't have exact dates.

N-400 sent: Jan. 06
FP: March 06
ID: May 24th 06
OD scheduled: Aug. 28 06

Any Idea?

does anybody have an idea how much is the current time line for citizenship interview?
application date: 07/17/2006
finger print date:08/17/2006
still waiting for interview date

Deer,

I just got my oath letter (see separate post for details). I did call and write to my interviewing officer and left a voicemail last week - not sure whether it helped or not, but have the oath letter for Sep 1. Hope you receieve yours soon.

egad

egad said:
Deer,

I just got my oath letter (see separate post for details). I did call and write to my interviewing officer and left a voicemail last week - not sure whether it helped or not, but have the oath letter for Sep 1. Hope you receieve yours soon.

egad

Congratulations ! What if someone had a 3 weeks trip outside the country between the interview and the oath date, does this affect getting the citizenship on the oath date? However that the time between the interview and the oath is longer than 3 months.

bhags said:
Hi all,
I was able to see my case status on the uscis website the last time I checked (last tuesday Aug 8th). But today, when I tried to look at the status to see if they have updated after my Fingerprints, I got the following message-
"Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application. "

Did anyone encounter this?

Thanks.

----------------------------
Receipt Date: 07/17/06
PD: 07/17/06
FP: 08/05/06.
I have the same error message since I got my receipt. I called 1-800-375-5283 option 2 and then option 6, they told me my case status won't be online since I have * in my receipt number. I think it might be a new thing in VSC recently.

RD: 7/26/2006
PD: 7/26/2006
FP: 8/12/2006

Bhags,

I do have a (*) star in my receipt number. My PD is July 28th,2006. There are no updates to my case after FP.

nothing yet :-\

it's been since April 22nd when I had my fingerprints taken and I haven't heard anything since then. My stepdad who applied like a month after me however is now (since Aug 8th) already a US citizen.... My mom applied at the same time as he did but hasn't received an interview notice either!What could be wrong?! I thought if it were a name check problem they would still have us come for an interview AND THEN make us wait until it's cleared.... :( I mean, I've never even had a parking ticket...and do not have a last name (a Western/european one...) that would tend be be stuck in the FBI's name check...as for my mom she obviously has the same last name as my stepdad...

Last edited by a moderator:
egad said:
Deer,

egad

egad,
I got my oath letter over the weekend as well. During the infopass, they said my case was approved sometime in July already. So it took approx. a month or so since then.

Oath is scheduled for Sept. 8th and am asked to report at 8AM. I thought they have 2 oath ceremonies 1:30PM and 5:30PM.

Oh well, finally it is almost over

Update...My case status disappeared on 08/19/2006.

PD: June 28th,2006
FP: July 15,2006
DO: Newark,NJ
SC: VSC

When getting an Infopass appointment, what is the earliest time on a given day I can seek one? I suppose I print out the appointment letter, then I have to go to 3rd floor and from there I am sent to 15th floor. Is that right? I suppose once on 15th floor, I might need to wait even more time beyond the appointment time.

Last week I called Newark INS and was told by the lady who picked up the phone that case status can't be given online. I asked to talk to the officer who interviewed me and she forwarded me to his line. I left a message requesting a call back. Haven't heard anything yet. Just two more weeks to 120 days. May be I will find the oath letter in my mailbox today.

Update

My case also disappeared in the USCIS website on 19th.

I read in one of the threads that this means the case is transferred to the DO(Newark) and can expect an Interview letter in few weeks. Hopefully its true!!!

PD: 07/18/06
FP: 08/08/06
Case last updated on: Aug 19.
ID: ?

No correspondence...

I sent my N400 on 08/09/2006.
My check was cashed on 08/14/2006.

But after that I have received no letter for fingerprinting yet.
Approximately when do we receive the fingerprinting appointment notice in mail after we send an application to VSC?

This is for Newark office.

lca said:
I sent my N400 on 08/09/2006.
Approximately when do we receive the fingerprinting appointment notice in mail after we send an application to VSC?

This is for Newark office.
lca,
Based the recent applicants in this forum it takes sometime from 2-3 weeks to get the receipt notice and then FP letter. I sent my application on July 14th and I got the first correspondence 29th. And then on Aug 3rd I got the FP notice for Aug 8th. Sometimes they send them together.

vp4 said:
When getting an Infopass appointment, what is the earliest time on a given day I can seek one? I suppose I print out the appointment letter, then I have to go to 3rd floor and from there I am sent to 15th floor. Is that right? I suppose once on 15th floor, I might need to wait even more time beyond the appointment time.

Last week I called Newark INS and was told by the lady who picked up the phone that case status can't be given online. I asked to talk to the officer who interviewed me and she forwarded me to his line. I left a message requesting a call back. Haven't heard anything yet. Just two more weeks to 120 days. May be I will find the oath letter in my mailbox today.

I think the earliest time for infopass appointment is 7:30AM. If you want to speak to someone on 15th floor, then make sure that you get appt. for earliest time possible (before 8AM).

The lady at 3rd floor told me that they get 15 tickets a day for Mon-Thu and 10 tickets for Friday for people who want to speak to someone on 15th floor.

You need to have a sheet of paper and a ticket stapled to it from 3rd floor rep to go to 15th floor, else the security guard at 15th floor won't let you in.

Usually the tickets are gone by 8AM, so make sure you get the appointment for early in the day. Once you get to 15th floor, it may take another 2-3 hours.