Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Jerzee, you may be lucky came out soon. But, it took more than 2.30hours for my wife for finger prints(N-400). It was lot crowded and there was big queue till downstairs. If anyone goes alone for finger prints, I suggest him/her not to park on road and pay in coin slot meter.

yeah perhaps...

yes perhaps you're right... I should have said that IF your FP appointment is at 9am (as mine was), you can show up at around 8:30-8:45am, and it should take you less than an hour...

Hi Experts,

I completed my interview at NewArk office NJ on April 5 2006, but could not take the oath since according to IO there is a pending relating file and I was given form N652

with

Test of History/civics and English passed checked

A decision cannot be made checked with pending relating file hand written.

Now there is a possibility that I might have to move to California in case my wife finds a job in CA.

Now what is the procedure to change service center while I'm waiting for the next step with the status of my N400 as it is now.

Does filing AR-11 change of address take care of change of service center also ?

are there any other forms that need to be filed ?

Will the new service center schedule another interview or send me to oath straight ?

Please give me your advice.

How much delay might be introduced with change of service ceters ?

thanks

Hi Experts,

Would any one know what is the local INS Newark NJ office number to call for status on N400 Petition ?

thanks

Did anyone have the interview in Newark and got approved but was told that oath ceremony will be weeks later?

naturalization = 4 month process ?!

It seems that for a lot of people, the whole process (from the time you send out your application to when you take the oath) takes about 4 months now. I wonder if whether those people are just lucky or if we should all expect the process to be this short?! :cool: unless maybe you're one of the people who's stuck in the FBI's name check...

Game is Over

Had my interview and oath today at Newark. The interview was quick. I had a pleasant chat with the interviewer about my recent vacation and she turned out to have vacationed to where I went to. Exchanged ideas and suggestions. The lady interviewer was very pleasant and very professional. I was asked 6 questions (no. of stripes, branches of gov, total changes to the constitution, term for the changes, duties of congress, president during the rev. war). Was asked to write a simple sentence and was asked to sign papers, pictures..done. Then, I waited for 2 more hours for the oath ceremony. Newark people were very helpful.

BTW, parked at the back of Rodino Building, beside the courthouse. It was 8 bucks for the whole day, a bargain since I parked for about 6 hours (had lunch within the area).

Thanks to all who shared their own experiences. I posted mine for the others in the pipeline.

Pd: 12/15/2005
Fp: 01/19/2006
Id Noa: 03/22/2006
Id: 05/16/2006 - Oath taken

Last edited by a moderator:
Guests @ Newark, NJ Oath Ceremony?

I've received an oath ceremony invitation letter for June 9 @ 2pm in Newark, NJ. Does anyone know if I may bring guests? The letter doesn't mention anything...

Thanks!

lt1GM said:
I've received an oath ceremony invitation letter for June 9 @ 2pm in Newark, NJ. Does anyone know if I may bring guests? The letter doesn't mention anything...

Thanks!

Yes, you can. When I was there, I saw few people brought along their spouse/kids with them and some of them even had a camera to take pictures during the oath ceremony.

Dual A File -

Deer,

Did you hear back anything on the Dual A file in your case ?

Mine haven't heard back so far ID 04/05/2006 -
Still waiting.......

Dual A-Files

I'm waiting for my letter / any response as well. I have an infopass appointment for Thursday - hopefully will find some useful info then

bunny007 said:
Deer,

Did you hear back anything on the Dual A file in your case ?

Mine haven't heard back so far ID 04/05/2006 -
Still waiting.......

No. I haven't heard anything yet from the DO on oath. I have sent them 2 letters and took infopass a couple of weeks ago and went there. I spoke to the lady the window and she at least told me that they have received my second A file and I should hear something from them in next 30-60 days or so.

I am hoping to hear somthing in next few weeks or so.

missing H1B file

I had my interview in Newark last week and passed the tests. The officer told me that my H1B back in 1998 is missing and she has to locate it. I didn’t move nor change job. The file has to be either at VSC or in Newark. Why would they need my H1B file for naturalization? I still have the documentation for my H1B. Would it sufficient if I send them a copy of my H1B application form and approval notice? Does anyone have similar experience? How long would it take to locate a file like this?

NJGoose said:
I had my interview in Newark last week and passed the tests. The officer told me that my H1B back in 1998 is missing and she has to locate it. I didn’t move nor change job. The file has to be either at VSC or in Newark. Why would they need my H1B file for naturalization? I still have the documentation for my H1B. Would it sufficient if I send them a copy of my H1B application form and approval notice? Does anyone have similar experience? How long would it take to locate a file like this?

Looks like you are also stuck with two "A" files. It usually happens when when you used OPT while you are on F-1 visa or you filed for I-485 and CP both for your green card processing etc.

It's not a big deal, usually they receive the file within a month or so and depending on the officer you will hear from them within 2-4 months.

I am also stuck in the same situation for more than 3 months now and still haven't heard from them.

Hi NJGoose,

Does this happen with two I-140 approved from two different employers ?

I did not use the first I-140 and went with brand new processing of Labor, I-140 and CP with another employer. Never applied I-485.

I do have OPT after F1 from before.

I'm assuming in my case it is dual A file since IO told me its a pending relating file.

bunny -

Deer said:
Looks like you are also stuck with two "A" files. It usually happens when when you used OPT while you are on F-1 visa or you filed for I-485 and CP both for your green card processing etc.

It's not a big deal, usually they receive the file within a month or so and depending on the officer you will hear from them within 2-4 months.

I am also stuck in the same situation for more than 3 months now and still haven't heard from them.
The officer said my H1B file is missing. I only did consular processing and did not do adjustment of status I-485. So I shouldn't have two A files. Also, I didn't have an F visa.

bunny007 said:
Hi NJGoose,

Does this happen with two I-140 approved from two different employers ?

I did not use the first I-140 and went with brand new processing of Labor, I-140 and CP with another employer. Never applied I-485.

I do have OPT after F1 from before.

I'm assuming in my case it is dual A file since IO told me its a pending relating file.

bunny -
I have only one employer in this country.

How effective is Congressman /Senator inquiry

Hi Deer/NJGoose/others,

How effective is congressman / Senator's inquiry to USCIS on my behalf ?

Did this route work for any one, on issues like, dual A file, pending relating files..could gather from this forum does not work so good on issues like name check but not sure on other issues.

thanks
bunny