Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

genesis1 said:
my wife got interview notice in 4.5 months, whereas i took 8 months last year.
PD 01/17/06
FP02/15/06
Interview 05/31/05

genesis1,

Wow! your wife got a better deal from Newark! What's going on? Somehow, a light switch has been turned on and things are moving rapidly at Newark DO.

Pd: 12/15/2005
Fp: 01/19/2006
Id Noa: 03/22/2006
Id: 05/16/2006

Unbelievable!

Hey, I got my interview appointment letter too! Wow, what's going on with Newark? Could it be that it's an election year and they need more voters?
:D

Sam

-----
PD: 01/23/2006
FP: 02/15/2006
Interview notice: 03/30/2006
Interview date: 06/01/2006

sam_c said:
Hey, I got my interview appointment letter too! Wow, what's going on with Newark? Could it be that it's an election year and they need more voters?

Sam

-----

Congratulations!! Did you know it was coming? Meaning the online status disappeared a few days ago? I assume you received it today?

Cheers,
Nico

sam_c said:

Sam

-----

I checked other DO's timeline and some have processing time of 4.0 months for N400. But we can't be too greedy :)
Mine's like 5 months, with ID on May 16. Still a good one.

LegalAlien99 said:
Congratulations!! Did you know it was coming? Meaning the online status disappeared a few days ago? I assume you received it today?

Cheers,
Nico

Thanks Nico.
My case status was never available online so that didn't give me any indication. Based on the timelines posted by others I was expecting to receive the letter around the 3rd week of April with an interview date in mid-June. But after genesis1 posted about his wife's ID I knew I'd get it sooner. It turns out I had already gotten the letter (on the 30th) - I just hadn't picked up my mail that day!

I hope you get your interview letter soon. Good luck.

Sam

My time line is same as sam. My ID is slightly over 4 months. Thanks to Newark DO. I am just keeping my fingers crossed as I hope there are no namecheck issues or 2nd A-file etc....

+----------------------------------|
| Action futcitizen |
|===========================|
| Applied :- 1/19/06 0d |
| RD :- 1/23/06 + 4d |
| Priority Date :- 1/23/06 + 4d |
| Notice Date :- 1/31/06 +12d |
| N mailing Date :- 2/02/06 +14d |
| 797C recieved :- 2/05/06 +15d |
| FP Notice Date:- 2/06/06 +16d |
| FP Notice Sent:- 2/08/06 +18d |
| FP Notice :- 2/13/06 +23d |
| FP :- 2/23/06 +33d |
| FP- Sent 2 FBI :- 2/23/06 +33d |
| FP- Sent by FBI :-2/23/06 +33d |
| Interview Notice:-3/22/06 +61d |
| Interview Sent :-3/25/06 +64d |
| Interview Notice:-3/31/06 +70 |
| Interview :- 6/01/06 +131 |
| Oath :- |
+-----------------------------------|

Newark is running..........fast.......

Timeline for N400

RD: 03/08/2006
PD: 03/08/2006
ND: 03/19/2006
FP: 04/04/2006 (over in 2 hrs)
ID : ??/??/????

Newark Citizenship Interview experience - April 05 2006

HI ,

Myself and my wife had the citizenship interview today at Newark office.
Time line is as follows :

PD - Sept 16
FP - Nov 9
IV: April 05

My wife was called for interview first she was back in 10 minutes. Was asked from standard 100 questions and to write a sentence.

I was called much later around 3:30 PM for a 1:30 Appointment. Different person interviewed me.

Right from the start the lady taking the interview was quite rough and as soon as we entered the interview room announced to me because of pending files I will not be able to take oath today.

She started off saying raise my right hand..blah blah... at every stage picking on everything she could.. she said she was under extreme pressure and running late blah blah ..kept saying you people when ever or where ever she can ( not sure where she was coming from when she said that either extreme work pressure or someting else).

One thing I felt is in private company jobs I cannot imagine some one talking like that and keeping their job or not being seen as something wrong about the person.

The whole thing was quite a rough experience. Passed the civics/history/English test. I felt the lady kept on shooting the questions and hoping I will get something wrong, went above 6 or 7 questions cannot remember how many should be atleast 10 or more. Fortunately did not get anything wrong.

Finally she checked off decision cannot be made pending file.

I asked how long it will take and she did not want to give a time line but said pending file has been requested and will be very soon.

Any one experience with pending file ? How long it takes ? What the next step if they get the pending file ?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got the ID

Kashi S said:
Here is our timelines

RD: June 3, 2005
ND: June 20, 2005
FP: July 28, 2005 (Mine)
FP: Nov 26, 2005 (Wife's) - Had to reschedule once.
ID: ???

However, we haven't received an Interview date so far. I see in this forum that many who applied later have received a date for the interview. Should we be concerned? Also, is there a number that we can contact at Newark USCIS to get more information. I did call the Vermont USCIS to check on the application and there is no update except the initial one.

TIA for any advise/suggestions in this regard.

Thanks

Finally we got our Interview Dates yesterday. It's on May 15, 2006. Thanks for everyone for the advise

Thanks

bunny007 said:
HI ,

Myself and my wife had the citizenship interview today at Newark office.
Time line is as follows :

PD - Sept 16
FP - Nov 9
IV: April 05

My wife was called for interview first she was back in 10 minutes. Was asked from standard 100 questions and to write a sentence.

I was called much later around 3:30 PM for a 1:30 Appointment. Different person interviewed me.

Right from the start the lady taking the interview was quite rough and as soon as we entered the interview room announced to me because of pending files I will not be able to take oath today.

She started off saying raise my right hand..blah blah... at every stage picking on everything she could.. she said she was under extreme pressure and running late blah blah ..kept saying you people when ever or where ever she can ( not sure where she was coming from when she said that either extreme work pressure or someting else).

One thing I felt is in private company jobs I cannot imagine some one talking like that and keeping their job or not being seen as something wrong about the person.

The whole thing was quite a rough experience. Passed the civics/history/English test. I felt the lady kept on shooting the questions and hoping I will get something wrong, went above 6 or 7 questions cannot remember how many should be atleast 10 or more. Fortunately did not get anything wrong.

Finally she checked off decision cannot be made pending file.

I asked how long it will take and she did not want to give a time line but said pending file has been requested and will be very soon.

Any one experience with pending file ? How long it takes ? What the next step if they get the pending file ?

thanks

Looks like she was referring to second A# file. Did you have two A numbers?. If that is the case, it should be a couple of months as I understand.

Might have two A files -

GeeC,

Might have two A files, After reading the forums here and looking at my case this might be due to processing I140 two times. I did not use the first I140 and the secondtime after I 140 got aproved went for Consular processing.

Hope INS finds the pending A file.
Do they have a good track record of finding these pending files and following up ?

bunny007 said:
GeeC,

Might have two A files, After reading the forums here and looking at my case this might be due to processing I140 two times. I did not use the first I140 and the secondtime after I 140 got aproved went for Consular processing.

Hope INS finds the pending A file.
Do they have a good track record of finding these pending files and following up ?

bunny007,
Sorry to hear that. I was also told the same thing that there are two A files and a decision can not be made. Looks like the same lady who interviewed me interviewed you as well.

For me, it's been more than 6 weeks and haven't heard anything yet. Hoping to hear something within a month or so.

Bunny
Sorry to hear that. Did atleast ur wife cleared the interview.

The flip side of having 2 A numbers from 2 I140s (or I130s) is we dont know the other A number. Like the case of Deer (having other A number from past EAD) atleast the other A number is known and something could be done proactively.

Pls. post regularly about ur follow-up here. My advise is take the help of Congressmen / senators (if at all helpful).

Hi Deer and Anand,

How long should I wait before we contact an attorney or a congressman/Senator.

The form returned to me says it can take 120 days and if we do not hear back within that time we can contact them.

One thing this lasdy told me is that they already requested the file and should be pretty soon, do not know how credible is that information or even given that she is giving credible information, in reality how effciently this process works is a cause for concern.

thanks

bunny007 said:
Hi Deer and Anand,

How long should I wait before we contact an attorney or a congressman/Senator.

The form returned to me says it can take 120 days and if we do not hear back within that time we can contact them.

One thing this lasdy told me is that they already requested the file and should be pretty soon, do not know how credible is that information or even given that she is giving credible information, in reality how effciently this process works is a cause for concern.

thanks

For me it's more than 6 weeks already. If I don't hear from them within another month or so, then I am planning to take an infopass and contact the senator/congressman.

And, of course, since the interview is already conducted, they have 120 days to make a decision, if not then legal action is the final option.

anand74 said:
Bunny
The flip side of having 2 A numbers from 2 I140s (or I130s) is we dont know the other A number. Like the case of Deer (having other A number from past EAD) atleast the other A number is known and something could be done proactively.

I do know the second A# shown on my old EAD card, but I am not sure if I can do anything proactively to speed up the process. I tried calling the customer service 800 line and find out and they do not have any information.

Would anyone know if I already know my second A#, how can I find out if the second A file has been sent to the DO or not?

Duplicate Immigration File

Hello All,

I just came back from my interview at Newark. I was also told that there was another immigraion file under my name - the officer asked me if I ever had an H1- visa and said that could be the cause of it. He said that my file was in St. Louis, and that it should come here within the next couple of weeks...
He estimated a 2 - 4 month window to get the Oath scheduled.

Does it make sense to speak to the congressmen / senator right away? I have a peculiar case whereby my wife is on an H-1 visa, but her company is shutting up soon and it is likely she will have to go back to India (as in her field it is not easy to get jobs) . As my citizenship is delayed, does anyone know what my options are? Thanks in advance

Sli said:
Hello All,

I just came back from my interview at Newark. I was also told that there was another immigraion file under my name - the officer asked me if I ever had an H1- visa and said that could be the cause of it. He said that my file was in St. Louis, and that it should come here within the next couple of weeks...
He estimated a 2 - 4 month window to get the Oath scheduled.

Does it make sense to speak to the congressmen / senator right away? I have a peculiar case whereby my wife is on an H-1 visa, but her company is shutting up soon and it is likely she will have to go back to India (as in her field it is not easy to get jobs) . As my citizenship is delayed, does anyone know what my options are? Thanks in advance

USCIS never ceases to amaze me! According to their own website and the numerous press relases on said site pertaining to the A-file issue, it is just breathtaking how long it takes them to request files. Back in 2004, close to 90% of ALL A FILES were already electronically available, meaning that file requests etc. can be performed online in a matter of seconds/minutes. It is unbelievable that it still takes them MONTHS to request A files or dublicate A files...wow!

I think Newark is getting worse. Instead of cutting the processing time they could patiently get all the files and then call for interview.
I feel it is atrocious that having had H1 in the past will trigger a second immigration file (or second A number). If that be the scenario then lot of ppl would fall under this category.
Sli were u also interviewed by the same lady Bunny and Deer had mentioned.