Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Hi all
I have a question, my interview is on april 5th @ Newark,NJ, and i need to know if the oath will be on the same day. i heared from friends that they interview people, but they do not let them take the oath on the same day.Is it something randomly or there are reasons for that. i am worry about my interview if they would not let me take the oath on the same day. Please let me know.
Thanks.
It depends on what time is your interview. If your interview is in late afternoon then most probably you will not have same day oath. Of course you have to successfully pass the interview and on the day of the interview oaths have to be given.

well my interview is @ 9.40 am, but one of my friend had 8am appoinrment last Julty and he still did not get a letter for the Oath. Thxs for your respond.

rafyboy,

What is your priority date and date of application? And when did you receive your interview letter?

Hi rk9465
here are the details,
FP 01/04/07
RCVD interview date on 01/23
Interview date 04/05/07.
my only problem is, i need to take the oath on the same day, since i am going to my country on july. is the name check could be a problem.

rafyboy,
im a little confused by your dates. your fingerprints were on 1/04 and you received your letter 1/23? when did you apply?

Hopefully namecheck won't be an issue. Just try to think positive as it is the only thing you have control over (I'm a worrier too but learning to only control the things I have control over and worry about other things later..takes some distraction but I think positive thinking helps.) so lets just think positive!

rk9465,
i sent my application on 11/25/07 i think... also my brother sent his on the same time, we got the FB date together, but i got my interview appointment only 3 weeks after my FB date, still my brother did not get his till now. Sounds strange does not it???

No Interview Yet???

I applied for citizenship in New York and changed address in September of 2006, so they said my case was moved to the newark office.

application date: 6/20/2006
Fingerprint: 8/2006
Interview:???
It is march now and I haven't heard anything yet. when i called the 800 customer service number they said because I moved from a different state that could be the hold up, but wasn't sure. Any help on what do to? Is there a number at the newark location that I can call? Can I go in?

Need Phone number to Vermont Visa Center

Hello

Please help. can somebody provide me telephone number to Vermont Visa center or to Newark Regional office. Its been a month I have applied for my citizenship. I also did receive a NOA1 but still waiting for Finger printer. Please help its very important

Even though our appt was at 9.00 AM we reached there by 10.00 AM and got finger printed.

On entering the 2nd floor, they gave a form to fill the details (Name, Ht, wt, DoB, PoB, Father and Mother first Name, color of eye and hair, appln#, address).

Then you see the perosn who just verifies the hand for any defects(?) and gives a number. Waited for 10 minutes, number got called and the finger printing person was too nice. Asked to verify what they entered/shown from the application and said all the best.

------------
GC: 08/21/2000
Citizenship App Sent: 02/07/2007
App Recvd in INS: 02/09/2007
Priority Date: 02/09/2007
Recipt Rcvd by me: 02/22/2007
FP Date: 03/07/2007

Hi all,
Does any one know why some people do the oath on the same day and others do not?
I have my interview on 04/05/07 and i am worried about not taking the oath on the same day?.

Oath

Hi all,
Why some people do the oath on the same day and others do not?
I have my interview on 04/05/07, and worry about not taking the oath on the same day.Please advise.

According to Immigration and Nationality Act, the federal courts have the say whether they want exclusive jurisdiction over the oath ceremonies or not. Federal courts in some district offices have opted not for exclusive jurisdiction...which means that USCIS (INS) can administer the oath ceremony. For some, DO's, the federal courts have exclusive jurisdictions meaning that only they and not USCIS can administer oath ceremonies.

ap74mo,
Thanks for your respond, but it does not help me , what do i have to do with federal courts?. I am only worry if they will not give me the oath on the same day.

You do not have anything to do with federal courts. You just have to find out if others in your district office have had interview and oath on the same day or not.

i will have my interview in Newark , NJ office. many of my friends have had the oath on the same day, and some of my friends had not. it has been 7 months since they've done the interview and still no oath yet, there were no problems with their applications. I just do not want to wait, since i will go to visit my country on July.
Thanks

Case status for those of us who are less lucky...

Anyone in a similar situation?

I have a priority date of October 17th, 2006.
I had my successful FP appointment beginning of November, and the results were sent back 1 day later. However, I am still waiting for my IL...

My last name is so uncommon there is no one in this country with even a remotely similar last name; the only other person with this last name is my cousin in PA who applied for US citizenship in July 2006 and still has not received his IL.

Any idea what it means when the status online says (and has been saying for the last 4 months):

Current Status: Case received and pending...On October 17, 2006, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION...This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location...

Thank you!

Anyone in a similar situation?

I have a priority date of October 17th, 2006.
I had my successful FP appointment beginning of November, and the results were sent back 1 day later. However, I am still waiting for my IL...

My last name is so uncommon there is no one in this country with even a remotely similar last name; the only other person with this last name is my cousin in PA who applied for US citizenship in July 2006 and still has not received his IL.

Any idea what it means when the status online says (and has been saying for the last 4 months):

Current Status: Case received and pending...On October 17, 2006, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION...This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location...

Thank you!

My and my wife's situation is not just similar. It is exactly the same.

My and her last names are extremely rare here in the USA. The priority date is October 17, 2006 (it is not a joke). No IL for us yet.

My daughter has applied one month later. She didn't even get her FP letter.

Message on N400 application

I was looking at the dates that some people are posting for their fp notices and I feel like my application is taking a little longer. I filed in Jan and have a notice date of Jan 29, 07. But I have not received any fp notice yet. I have a few queries:

1. On my N400 NOA, it says that the application has been received but has been noted with the following exception: "Missing evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail." Has anyone else got this type of remark on their N-400? Also I put in all the required information with my N-400 (pictures, copies of green card etc.) so I am not sure what this missing evidence could be. I've called the customer service center on a few occassions but all they tell me is that the application has been received and that as soon as they know something, the online status will update and we can call back at such time. Could this cause a delay?

2. I see the talk about the various district offices (DOs). How do you know what is your district office? Is it by geographic proximity to the nearest location in the list of field offices published on the uscis website? I cannot find any mention of a district office on the N400 NOA. All I can tell is that the NOA was sent from Vermont.

3. The NOA mentions that I will be notified of the date and place of interview when I have been scheduled by the local USCIS office which could be as much as 365 days. Is this a normal period of time these days to get to the interview stage. My reading of the posts here indicates that it is shorter than that.

Thanks for reading and posting helpful responses.

SNfirst

I"Missing evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail."SNfirst

This can be anything you might have missed to fill or what you have filled is not readable.