Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Interview letter arrives

My spouse just received her Interview letter - I am still waiting for mine...

Receipt Date: Oct. 11, 2006
Priority Date: Oct. 11, 2006
Finger Prints: Oct. 27, 2006
Interview: Feb. 12, 2007

VSC and Newark DO

rakesh14,
You should look at status of N-400 applications only and not that of N-600. N-600 is related to children of USC applying for certificate of citizenship.
You are delayed for getting IL . I suggest you take an Infopass appointment and go with list of qestions to find out .

Seems that I am in the same boat with rakesh14. My RD is 6/15/06. FP was done in July. Still have not received the interview notice. I also filed with VSC, and according to the online case status it is pending at VSC. I thought all the N400 need to be filed at a service center, not a local office. Maybe I was wrong?

Receipt Notice received but no FP letter yet

It has been over a week since my wife received the Receipt notice letter from USCIS.

But we have not received the FP letter for her yet. We had sent the N400 on Dec 1st. How long does it generally take for the FP notice letter to arrive after receiving the receipt notice?

Thanks

lca said:
It has been over a week since my wife received the Receipt notice letter from USCIS.

But we have not received the FP letter for her yet. We had sent the N400 on Dec 1st. How long does it generally take for the FP notice letter to arrive after receiving the receipt notice?

Thanks
It can take upto 2 months. Make sure that the check was cashed and call the National Customer Service Center line after 4 weeks.

bw376 said:
Seems that I am in the same boat with rakesh14. My RD is 6/15/06. FP was done in July. Still have not received the interview notice. I also filed with VSC, and according to the online case status it is pending at VSC. I thought all the N400 need to be filed at a service center, not a local office. Maybe I was wrong?
My time line is as follows

PD- 7/17/2006
FP - 8/5/2006.

Status on USCIS Web site says that case is in VSC. I have taken infopass for Thurs 21 Dec, at 8:15 AM. I hope the answer wont be "Name Check"!

bhags said:
My time line is as follows

PD- 7/17/2006
FP - 8/5/2006.

Status on USCIS Web site says that case is in VSC. I have taken infopass for Thurs 21 Dec, at 8:15 AM. I hope the answer wont be "Name Check"!

Let us know how your infopass appointment goes. Good luck.

bw376 said:

I just got back from the USCIS office, I wasted 3 hours of my time. I had an appointment for 8:15 I was at 970 broad Street at 7:45. I went to Window no. 3 and the Lady (Officer) asked me for my Infopass appointment and my A# . She told me that my application is at VSC . So I asked her what to expect, Her answer was "Nothing at this time, You may receive an interview letter, and may be interviewd but It may be some time before you take the oath after that" :eek: . So I asked her what exactly the status of my application is , if it is stuck in the infamous Name Check. And she said "Well they actually started working on youor application on july 17th, They have the results of your finger prints, But they are still processing your application. This is all we can tell you at this time. I dont think even the VSC has can give you too much info. You will be notified if there is a change in your status. Thank you and have a nice day" . I was out of the office by 8:05 AM. I met this other gentleman while standing in the line out side the building before going thru security and he told me he applied 7/05, was interviewed 2/06, but was told that he is stck in "name Check", and unfotunately, he got the same answer today. So I am going to forget about naturalization or citizenship for another 2 months. and if nothing happens by then I will take another infopass appointment. :( :confused:

bw376 said:

I just got back from the USCIS office, I wasted 3 hours of my time. I had an appointment for 8:15 I was at 970 broad Street at 7:45. I went to Window no. 3 and the Lady (Officer) asked me for my Infopass appointment and my A# . She told me that my application is at VSC . So I asked her what to expect, Her answer was "Nothing at this time, You may receive an interview letter, and may be interviewd but It may be some time before you take the oath after that" :eek: . So I asked her what exactly the status of my application is , if it is stuck in the infamous Name Check. And she said "Well they actually started working on your application on july 17th, They have the results of your finger prints, But they are still processing your application. This is all we can tell you at this time. I dont think even the VSC can give you too much info. You will be notified if there is a change in your status. Thank you and have a nice day" . I was out of the office by 8:05 AM. I met this other gentleman while standing in the line out side the building before going thru security and he told me he applied 7/05, was interviewed 2/06, but was told that he is stuck in "name Check", and unfotunately, he got the same answer today. the next 2 months and if nothing happens by then I will take another infopass appointment. :( :confused:

warsigh said:
Thanks, Browny. I feel a little better. I knew it was probably going to take about 6 months after FP. Now I know for some it took more than 6 months. Aren't some people lucky and we are not one of them. I just wish I could check my status on line.

Happy new year everyone!

Warsigh,

I hope we'll get our IL soon, may be in next 2 weeks. Keep me updated.

My husband had his fingerprint on Nov 9 and received his interview notice in mid-Dec. I did my fingerprint on Nov 14 and has not received my interview letter yet.

Just wondering if anyone did their fingerprint on or after Nov 14 and has received interview letter? I hope I'm not stuck in name checks ...

larka said:
My spouse just received her Interview letter - I am still waiting for mine...

Receipt Date: Oct. 11, 2006
Priority Date: Oct. 11, 2006
Finger Prints: Oct. 27, 2006
Interview: Feb. 12, 2007

VSC and Newark DO

Larka, my case is similar to yours. I applied for self and wife as follows :
Priority date : Sep 22, 2006
Finter prints : Oct 11, 2006
Wife's Interview date : Jan 29
Mine : Well, when I check my ESC# in the website, it says invalid entry !!! Any idea what does it mean.

Also, what is the procedure to get an infopass.

Received IL for my wife, daughter and son(both are just above 18). I went for FP second time(01/11/07) as my FPs are not readable.

DO: Newark, VSC

PD: 11/13/06
ND: 11/13
FP: 11/30
IL : 01/10/07
ID: 03/21/07

Hi Larka,

We are in the same boat as you. My spouse received hers IL, but mine is yet to come.
Could you please let us know if you had any changes in your case.

Also, Mine and My spouse - both our cases have not disappeared in the online web site. any thoughts...?

PD: 11/10/06
ND: 11/13/06
FP: 11/30/06
IL: 01/10/07

No status update

Hello,

No update from me - still waiting to receive the Interview letter...my status still shows pending on the UCSIS website while my spouse's status has disappeared.

VEEYEN said:
Received IL for my wife, daughter and son(both are just above 18). I went for FP second time(01/11/07) as my FPs are not readable.

DO: Newark, VSC

PD: 11/13/06
ND: 11/13
FP: 11/30
IL : 01/10/07

I just received a letter for a second FP. VEEYEN, did you go to Hackensack for your 2nd fingerprint? Can you keep me posted when you receive your IL?

supertwocats said:
I just received a letter for a second FP. VEEYEN, did you go to Hackensack for your 2nd fingerprint? Can you keep me posted when you receive your IL?

I went to Newark, where I gave my first FP. Sure I will post it whenever I get the IL.

@avaswa

I understand that your citizenship interview at Newark must have been done on 01/11/2007? If possible, can you please post your experience?

Thank You,
patkt

Interview procedure & questions

Could anyone who has been through the interview process lately share his/her interview details. I have heard that starting sometime in January 2007, the entire process is going to be changed to descriptive questioin/answer and Computer Based.

How much of this is true.

Thank you