Newark local transfers

No Title

yes the notice seems to be standard...my wife\'s interview letter has the exact same contents listed..but her letter does not have the medical form enclosed...does she need to do her medical again ?

Newark interview date received

My interview is set for 5/23/02.
Case was transferred to Newark on 5/01/02.

Documents requested:
1. Passport, I-94
2. Medical

Thanks,
fib

Standard Interview letter notice

yes,
 This is exactly what it says on my interview letter too.
My lawyer does not want me to do another medical. And I am not planning to do it.

EW..where did you...

do your medical for $140 ? I mean did u get all the requisite shots and got them to fill the letter out or $140 was for the certification alone?

$140 sounds much cheaper to what I have been quoted. Please provide details of what all was done.

Thanks.

Interview scheduled on 05/24

Atlast my interview is scheduled on 05/24 too!
They asked the same set of documents as for you all. I still have to clarify regarding the medical report with my lawyer.
I did not understand what he means by "All original documents which support the petition".
Does it include my employer letter, pay stubs etc also? Because they are not included separately.
Please clarify if anyone of you have any idea.
Thanks.

How long does it take to...

get the complete set of medical exams / shots taken ? We have the interview on 30th May and I need to get this done for my wife.
NJ guys - any recommendation for how this could be done as soon and cheap as possible?
Do I need to get it done for me too ? My complete set was submitted when we filed 07/01.

Thanks.

The reason

I went thru all the craps last year so I had a very simple one.

If you medical is less than 12 months old, then don\'t do it. You can read the guideline yourself.

Just my 2 cents.

"Endless Waiting", which guidelines are u referring to

Another quick question:

the interview letter states -
2. MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS, FORM I-693. APPEAR EVEN IF NOT COMPLETED

do you know what the "APPEAR EVEN IF NOT COMPLETED" means.

Thanks,
fib

Approved in Newark

I went to the interview yesterday, may 13th, at 10:20.
I parked car and without waiting in the line outside, we went through security to the "13th" floor - this is really lucky number for me... 13/13!)
My lawyer met us there. He gave our interview letters to guy in the window, and they called our names in about 20 minutes (I was expecting to wait for about 2-3 hours! , my lawyer scared me...). After signing some form and fingerprint we went into the one of the offices.
I got transfer because,to make it short, my company changed name, and it was some misunderstanding.
She asked us if we had any problems with law - "obviously not", and some other standard questions - better not say anything extra, like in "Bible" - answer must be Yes or No...
After showing my \'company letter\' and w-2 for last 3 years (she asked for more actually, but I did not have them) and paystubs, she (the officer, very nice lady... ) asked about the company and I explained everything... then couple of regular questions to my wive and she says "I\'m approving this case"... I said "I can\'t believe !..." .
That was it... My suggestion - have all originals and depending on how many people are going - have copies too, also copies of w-2 and copies of everything else, they may ask , because they need to attach them to your file , even though you already sent to INS everything.
Also have a several originals of the company letter, I had 2, and she took both, lawyer said - I needed 3 (? - for 3 people he said...).
She took our work authorization cards, then we got stamps in our passports. Passport must be current, this is very important.
It was not so scary as I thought, all took about 1.5 (!), not 4 hours.
... I still don\'t consider my case closed until I will not receive GC, because there are many cases when INS lost some papers, and knowing my luck - it\'s quite possible...
Thank you guys, I wish you everyone to be winner battle and finally be free - it\'s free country, isn\'t it ?
Thanks and good luck.
P.S. Special thanks to everybody from Milk\'s "July waiting list" I\'m from that list. Thank you Milk.

Congratulations Poorim ! - a quick question ...

What documents were you asked to get along for the interview ?
Were you asked specifically to get the Employment Letter.

Thanks,
fib

Medical Exam again ?

My TD: 5/1/02 and ID: 5/23/02
Requested Documents:
1. Interview Letter, Passport, I-94
2. Medical Exam Report.

My lawyer said it is better if I do medical again.
My original medical (filed with I-485) was done on 6/16/01. My Interview is within 11 months - so, I really don\'t want to do it again. Moreover, I don\'t think I have enough time.

Are you doing your medical again ? Please let me know.

Thanks.
fib

Mikhail

My interview letter requests the following:
1. THIS LETTER, YOUR PASSPORT, YOUR I-94 (ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE FORM), IF ANY.
2. MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS, FORM I-693. APPEAR EVEN IF NOT COMPLETED

Since there is no request for Employment letter, my Lawyer said it is not necessary to take one. What did your lawyer advise you to do.

Also, what I find strange is that although we were asked for the Medical, wer were not sent any I-693 form. Does your interview letter read the same as mine. Do you have any idea as to why I was not sent a form I-693.

Thanks,
fib
Thanks,
fib

My transfer is little different..

Hi Guys!

I have been readin about many cases being transfered to the Newark office and the interview dates being called for almost eveybody. I am July filer as well, and my case was transfered to the Newark office immedialtely after i filed 485 i.e. my file was transfered in Aug 2001 to the Newark office (this has a EAC number different from my original EAC number on the 485 receipt). I did my finger printing on 12/12/01 and i have been waiting since then. The AVM message says "results of FOP recieved ....and pending review".

I guess my question is, Should i be checking the new EAC number (transfer to Newark) to check the status on my file or the old number is the correct oen to check?

I am totally confused here. People who have RD much after me have got their approvals. Am i missing something here???

Aabid

Yes...

I was asked to bring employment letter + interview letter from INS.
My wife - just interview letter from INS.
Also, in the bottom of the interview letter - they were asking to have all (possible) original documents.

Good luck.

Will the new security check implimented even on those who are called for interview?

People who are having interview date on May 20th(I remember someone having that date), please post your experiences once you are done with the interview.

transferred to Newark local office today!

Hi! everyone,
Today I heard on the AVM, my wife, child and myself, all three of us were transferred to Newark local office today. What should we do now? should we wait for a letter from them? and what happens next? is the wait for an interview too long?any information would be really nice! Thanks

I will post my interview experience on 5/20/02.

I started my GC process in Feb\'00. Its been almost 25 months since then. I am not much bothered about this socalled IBIS check. I\'ve never entered this country illegally or have overstayed my visa. Though it might take couple of weeks extra. Its OK. As long as I clear the interview on Monday, which I think in all probability is just a formality.

Greeneyes - Answers for you..

1. You do not have to do anything now - just wait for the transfer (from VSC) and the interview (from INS Newark) notices.
2. As of now, the wait for an interview at Newark is not terribly long - as you go thru this thread, you will realize that the average wait time is roughly 1 month from the date the case is transferred to the interview date.
3. Once you get the interview letter, you will know the special requirements if any else you will have to take the usual stuff with you - the application file, passports, I94s, possibly an employment letter and repeat medicals.

If you can think of any particular reason why you have been asked to come for an interview, please post your concerns here and someone would respond.

Good luck