Newark local office transfer: tracker

Interview Notice Received for 8/16/2006

Updated tracker enclosed.
I added the column RECENT FP AFTER TRANSFER, as I thought it might be useful to many. I noticed many people have not updated the tracker after approval. If thats the case, I urge everyone to keep it updated even after you get approval.
I thank those who updated the tracker after AD.

I may possibly be the only one who applied in 2/2002 and still not received my GC. Good luck to all.

Help for my interview question

Dear All:
I have a question to ask about my upcoming interview in Newark for my I-485 NIW case.
I applied as a postdoc in an university and NIW I-140 was approved in April 2003. In April 2004 I changed job to a company conducting similar work. One year later, the company I was working for in big trouble and I also lost my job.

I am very concerned about my interview since the interview letter stated that I bring employment letter alone with passport, I-94 and medical record.

Can somebody share your experience or give any advise? Would be any problem? The NIW does not require a job offer however the interview notice asked for it, what would happen if I tell them that I am currently jobless? Will getting a temporal job be helpful?
Thank you very much!

sheepny
:confused:

riyaz404-t said:
Updated tracker enclosed.
I added the column RECENT FP AFTER TRANSFER, as I thought it might be useful to many. I noticed many people have not updated the tracker after approval. If thats the case, I urge everyone to keep it updated even after you get approval.
I thank those who updated the tracker after AD.

I may possibly be the only one who applied in 2/2002 and still not received my GC. Good luck to all.

Congratulations for ur interview. What are the documents that were asked for you.

Want GC Soon said:
Congratulations for ur interview. What are the documents that were asked for you.

They asked for I-94 and Passport only. These two were checked off. They didn't check other items like Medicals.

However, please note at the bottom (footer), they say you need to bring or have everything with you that forms the basis of the case. (All originals). E.g. birth certificate, marriage certi, etc. They didn't say employment experirence letter, university records, etc, but I suppose all those formed a basis of my labor and i-140, so one needs to carry all available originals.

photos

Hi, everyone, my case was transfered to newark on Nov, 3rd of 2004 and received interview letter dated Jun, 21 and schedule for Aug, 17th. They only checked passport and I-94. My question is that, Do we still need to bring photos? I believe they need photo to make GC.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

AOS030326 said:
Hi, everyone, my case was transfered to newark on Nov, 3rd of 2004 and received interview letter dated Jun, 21 and schedule for Aug, 17th. They only checked passport and I-94. My question is that, Do we still need to bring photos? I believe they need photo to make GC.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

I dont think photos is necessary, as they might take pictures there when we go for interview. I havent seen anyone taking photos with them for interview.

Looks like Newark Office is flooding folks with interview letters.. I am seeing almost 5-6 folks in this tracker being scheduled for interview.

Lets hope for the best!

Question regarding Interviews

Lots of people who got lucky were interviewd and stamped on the same day. Some were called in teh following week and some even in the following month for the 2nd time.

My question is, what are the chances that they don't stamp GC on the same day? Based on your knowledge, research, experience, opinion, please let me know.

Our ticket to india was booked for 8/17, and now our interview scheduled for 8/16. If they dont give us GC on 8/16, but call us back on 8/23 or something, we wont be here. Do we cancel our tickets? We were planning to travel on AP.

How can i contact FBI for my name check?

Hi All,

I would like to contact FBI to know the status my name check result. I had one email address of FBI from this forum. But that is not a valid one. If any one know the contact information of FBI for this matter, Pls post it here.

Thanks in advance
JS

hello

Hello,
I recd my interview letters,but it has SEC245 in the envelope. Standard letter with the documents reqd. we never in out of status till now.
Is SEC245 is a concern....
thx

bmw140 said:
Hello,
I recd my interview letters,but it has SEC245 in the envelope. Standard letter with the documents reqd. we never in out of status till now.
Is SEC245 is a concern....
thx

Can you explain me what is SEC245?

Where does it have Sec 245 in the envelope? Is it a separate paper or printed on the document? Or what does it mention? Could you please give some details?

ataknev

Received interview letter ! YES

I'm speakless at this moment....just received the interview letter!
As many of you, just asked passport and I-94.
Attached the updated "tracker".
It's been so warm to keep track with people like you! Only we share our experences, we can receive benefit back!
Also, put "bmw140" "Sheepny" and "aos030326" with the little information from your message. Hope you can fill in the missing information....
GOOK LUCK, EVERYONE! :) :) :)

Finger Print

BlueGirl said:
I'm speakless at this moment....just received the interview letter!
As many of you, just asked passport and I-94.
Attached the updated "tracker".
It's been so warm to keep track with people like you! Only we share our experences, we can receive benefit back!
Also, put "bmw140" "Sheepny" and "aos030326" with the little information from your message. Hope you can fill in the missing information....
GOOK LUCK, EVERYONE! :) :) :)

Bluegirl, when were you last finger printed? Just curious.

subran

Hi Just received the interview letter.Td Dec21.ID-Aug19.Derivative applicant.Spouse case approved last dec.Just asked to bring passport and I94.Any thing else I need to carry specifically especially as a derivative applicant.Please share your experience.
Thank you

Ead

As per online status my ead extension has been approved.Filed at newark 0n april 20.check cashed after 1 month.Biometrics done on june 9.approved on june 24.
Thanks

Just received the interview letter. TD was Dec 7 and the interview date is Aug 18. They asked me to bring the interview letter, passport and I-94. I think everyone will get the interview letter very soon.

4328210 said:
Just received the interview letter. TD was Dec 7 and the interview date is Aug 18. They asked me to bring the interview letter, passport and I-94. I think everyone will get the interview letter very soon.

My TD is 6/1/2005. What makes you think everybody will get interview letter soon? Do you think I should get it soon too?

Also, my finger printing was done in March 2004. After my case transfer they have sent me a letter for another finger printing on 6/29/2005. Is that normal? Does that mean anything?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
desiladka said:
My TD is 1/6/2005. What makes you think everybody will get interview letter soon? Do you think I should get it soon too?

Also, my finger printing was done in March 2004. After my case transfer they have sent me a letter for another finger printing on 6/29/2005. Is that normal? Does that mean anything?

Thanks

What is your date of transfer. In your signature it is June 1, 2005. But in this message ur td is Jan 6, 2005.

Checke out the tracker. Now they are scheduling many people for interview.

I dont think of any relation between the fingerprint and interview date. This may be the old procedure. All pending I-485 applicant should take fingerprint in every 18 months.