Newark local office transfer: tracker

Qusestion for Savichin

Would you tell me where you live in N.J.?
Also was your case transfered to Newark for interview.
My case was transfered on 11/10/04, FT done on 1/12/05 & I' m waiting for 485 approval.

Thanks,
Congratulations!!
Alicja

alicja,
Since my I-485 application I am under cherryhill area only.
First my file transferred to newark and Cherryhill office called me for interview.
Don't know that my file was at cherryhill until I received the interview letter.
hope it helps.

alicja said:
Would you tell me where you live in N.J.?
Also was your case transfered to Newark for interview.
My case was transfered on 11/10/04, FT done on 1/12/05 & I' m waiting for 485 approval.

Thanks,
Congratulations!!
Alicja

Is Newark scheduling any interviews?

Hi Guys!
I'm wonder if Newark office is scheduling any interviews lately?
I heard that they are not duing anything until October 05-is this a true?-I hope not.
I called 1-800 number & ask abou it, but the lady said she don't know enything about this.

I140/I485-RD:7/8/04
I-140-AP:10/8/04
Case transfered to Newark on 11/10/04
FP:done on 1/12/05
I-485:?
Anyone in same situation??

AOM

Received CARDS...Finally Over

Received CARDS for three of us today 4/26/2005.
Best of luck for those who are waiting for approvals.

Thanks

Interview Scheduled for June 9

Hello All,

I received the interview letter at Newark Service Center on June 9, 2005.
My case was transferred from Vermont on Sep.21, 2004. I had been asked to bring I-94 and Passport with me for the interview. All the orginal supporting documents are asked to bring for the interview. A copy of the interview letter is mailed to my Attorney also.

Please share your experiences at the interview.

Thanks

Question for Keraldeshi

Hi Keraldeshi,
Would you tell me when you received your letter.
I'm in a same situation-waiting for interview.
My case was transfered on 11/10/04, my FP was done on 1/12/05.
I read not long ago that Newark is not working on any I485 cases until October 2005, but maybe this is not true-I hope.
Please let me know what is your receive date?

Thanks,
AOM

keraldeshi said:
Hello All,

I received the interview letter at Newark Service Center on June 9, 2005.
My case was transferred from Vermont on Sep.21, 2004. I had been asked to bring I-94 and Passport with me for the interview. All the orginal supporting documents are asked to bring for the interview. A copy of the interview letter is mailed to my Attorney also.

Please share your experiences at the interview.

Thanks

Keraldeshi,
Can you update the tracker, your ND of 485, TD, Interview letter received date and Interview date.

possible EB2/EB1 retrogress , Will it affect our local transferer?

According to murphyBulletion:
Future Projections of EB3 Retrogressions

For the remainder of FY2005, the DOS expects the EB3 numbers not to move much in either one direction or the other. EB1 and EB2 are not expected to retrogress during FY2005, which ends September 30, 2005.

Projections of EB2 Retrogressions

In the second half of FY2006, the EB2 category is expected to retrogress for mainland China and India. The DOS projects that the EB1 category may possibly also retrogress for India and China in FY2006.

Conclusion

The issues of visa numbers and priority date movement have, once again, become an integral part of employment-based immigration practice. This follows a number of years of relative ease during which employment based numbers were current and available in all employment-based categories. Anyone involved in the employment-based immigration process should try to get at least a basic, fundamental understanding of this key issue. It determines the direction and timing of a case and is vital to immigration strategy and planning. We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy will continue to follow this matter to update our MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers.

I would like to share my interview experience at Newark office. My (including my wife’s) I485 application was transferred to Newark office on Nov 17, 2004 and later on we received the interview letter for the interview scheduled on April 5, 2005. The interview time was scheduled at 11:00am and we got there at 10:30am. Half an hour later, one male immigration officer called us and we went to his cubicle. He asked routine questions and 10 minutes later he approved our case and stamped our passports. However a week later, he sent us a letter asking for my wife's photo. We went to the office again to deliver four photos. On April 18th, I received the welcome notice and the next day I got the plastic card. But we have not received anything for my wife yet. I would like to thank everyone here for the helpful information and services.

Did you attorney received a letter too

j think,
When you got the letter for the interview did your attorney also received a letter??

Rgds
patpat

Last edited by a moderator:
incredible

it's so incredible that some are just luckier than others. Tons of people with TD in Sept of 2004 are still waiting while others with TD later than Nov, 2004 got the card already.

Amazing! what else can you say? This reminds me the bureaucracy of China in early 1900.

My attorney recieved the interview letter as well. Here are some details of my application:

I-485 (concurrent) I-140 (EB1) RD 3/27/03
I-140 AD 7/15/04
FP1 4/20/03
FP2 9/15/04
Case transferred to Newark 11/17/04
Interview and approved 4/5/05

And I got the interview letter exactly one month before the interview date. Just be patiend, everyone, good news may come anytime. This is already my 11th year in USA. Good luck to everyone. I am still waiting for my wife's GC.

Interview at Newark Centre -- need help

I have got as interview letter for 9th June where in they have asked me to carry the interview letter, I-94 & passport, Please advice if i need to carry anything else otherthan asked.

Mine is a Labour Substutution case .Please advice if any of you have got the similar case

Thanks
Sharmila

Sharmila,
You should carry your recent pay stubs, Tax returns, W2's and Employer verification letter(birth certificate also i think). Please look thru this thread in the previous page for more details.

Could you please let us know your I-485 ND, Date of transfer to newark, priority date and update the Excel Sheet in this tracker.

patpat

terribly unfair

Nothing is in order! Our case was transferred in Sept and we haven't heard anything from anywhere yet! I called some 800 number for an updates, and the guy told us I would receive something in the next 30 days. But what I really want is an intervew date!

485 transferred to newark on sept 23 2004.
still waiting!

Anyone knows if there is anything else we can do besides waiting?

AOS030326 said:
it's so incredible that some are just luckier than others. Tons of people with TD in Sept of 2004 are still waiting while others with TD later than Nov, 2004 got the card already.

Amazing! what else can you say? This reminds me the bureaucracy of China in early 1900.

patient

HI, Qyang,

I understand your feeling and I am on the same boat. My TD Is only one month later than you. Many people transfered couple of months after me all got the plastic card already yet I have been waiting forever. I contacted NJ senators and congressman, my lawyer also faxed to the director of 485 division, we also sent letters to Newark. Nothing happens.

Think this way. Those who are lucky were born lucky and no matter what they do, they have faster access. We are doomed for some reason, especially in immigration world, there is no such a word as FAIR. Nothing is fair in terms of green card. Put up with it, that's the only suggestion I have for you.

Good luck to you and myself, as well as all others who transferred earlier and yet still waiting.