Newark local office transfer: tracker

On this site, do we have comprehensive list of questions that one could expect and a list of documents that one should bring on the AOS interview? If not than we should probably maintain a document. For now, I would appreciate if someone could post the info as my interview is coming in less than two weeks.

Thanks

Concurrent Filing
I140/I485 RD 02/2003
1st FP - 03/2003
I140 AD 11/2003
I485 transferred from Vermont to Newark - 07/15/2004
2nd FP - 11/9/2004
Interview Notice Received on 2/8/2005
Interview Date - 3/10/2005

Docs

natwar said:
On this site, do we have comprehensive list of questions that one could expect and a list of documents that one should bring on the AOS interview? If not than we should probably maintain a document. For now, I would appreciate if someone could post the info as my interview is coming in less than two weeks.

Thanks

Concurrent Filing
I140/I485 RD 02/2003
1st FP - 03/2003
I140 AD 11/2003
I485 transferred from Vermont to Newark - 07/15/2004
2nd FP - 11/9/2004
Interview Notice Received on 2/8/2005
Interview Date - 3/10/2005

Natwar,

Its on Processing time of Atlanta thread. It may help you.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=78950&page=39&pp=15

local trasfered updated xls

Hi,
My case has been transfered to Newark,NJ. Mine is a future employement case. I havn't applied for A21. Does anyone's case matches with this?
I have updated xls

Good luck.

How to Minimize Local Transfer in AC 21

Priority Date: July 2001
LC AD: Sept. 2003
140/485 RD: Jan. 12, 2004 VSC
FD Date: Nov. 2004
140 AD: Dec. 16, 2004
485 AD: Waiting (EB2)

I have a job offer in NYC (I am currently working at NYC as well). My worry is that if I take this offer, then probability of my 485 case being transferred to Newark local office will increase by a lot. My questions are,

1. In order to minimize the chance of local transfer, I think I should not notify
VSC about my change of job (AC 21), but is there any downside of doing so?

2. If I leave my current job, does my current employer have any obligation to
notify VSC that I have left, such as withdrawing my H1B and I140? What
do companies usually do when GC applicants leave?

3. How long it takes, on average, to get an interview in Newark from the date that 485 case is transferred to Newark CIS office?

4. What is the probability of a local transfer if we change job in GC process?

Any comments are very much appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply folks.

The interview went well but the officer told me in the beginning that they are still waiting on the security clearance so she can’t approve the case. She asked the standard questions first than she ask for the job letter, pay stubs and tax documents. It took a total of 15 minutes for the whole interview as she went through my file verifying all the other documents. She said that it could take couple of weeks to few months for the security clearance. All an all, the officer was very nice and friendly so it was a pleasant experience but I was disappointed as I have to wait further for the finger prints to clear.

Your transfer date

natwar said:
samoak

My labor cert. was filed in April of 2001. I-485 was filed in February of 2003.

Hi Natwar,
Good luck for the security clearance. I guess that's probably why the aren't calling all the cases for interview which are transferred. They are probably waiting for security clearnance.
Could you kindly either update the spreadhsheet with your details, or let us know the

Transfer to Newark date
Interview Notice Date
Interview Date

Thanks,
Riyaz

Received an Interview Letter

Guys

I received an Interview letter yesterday. My Interview will be scheduled on April 8th.

Is the security clearance different from name check. Becoz I got an email from FBI last week for my request regd my name and it was completed on october 22nd.

Can someone explain me what does security clearance means?

Thanks

140/485/131/765 - Sep 2003
140 AP 9/4/2004
FP - 10/16/2004
485 TD 11/17/2004

ED_GC,
Congrats on getting your interview letter. Name check and security clearance are the same, I think...

Could you tell me what is your priority date?

Rgds
Bhasker

Last edited by a moderator:
Case transfered to local office for Speed Processing

Hi Friends,

I have updated my case details too and attached the document.

Thanks & Regards
InfoReq

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks patpat

patpat said:
ED_GC,
Congrats on getting your interview letter. Name check and security clearance are the same, I think...

Could you tell me what is your priority date?

Rgds
Bhasker

Thanks Bhasker. my PD is 08/2001

Thanks
Siva

I agree, its probably the same thing.

Question for you Ed_GC. Since you inquired with FBI regarding Security Clearnace or name check, please let me know how do I inquire, since my FP was also done about a year back. Is it useful to inquire and how to do it?

Thanks and good luck.

ED_GC said:
Guys

I received an Interview letter yesterday. My Interview will be scheduled on April 8th.

Is the security clearance different from name check. Becoz I got an email from FBI last week for my request regd my name and it was completed on october 22nd.

Can someone explain me what does security clearance means?

Thanks

140/485/131/765 - Sep 2003
140 AP 9/4/2004
FP - 10/16/2004
485 TD 11/17/2004

Did your lawyer get a copy of interview letter also?

All the lucky one who got interview letters already,

Since my dates are ealier than some of the ones who posted good news here, I start to worry a lot again. We moved one year ago, and it took us forever to change the address. Finally, the last notic was sent to the current address. But I am still worried that they would use the old address for interview letter and then we will miss it.

So did your lawyers get a copy of interview letters as well, or some of you got the news first from your lawyer? IS there any number I can call to request the status?

Thanks a lot!

Here is the e-mail for security check

Riyaz,
Send an e-mail or fax to FBI. It would take 2-3 months to get a response.
----------------------------------------
FBI Fax Number : 202-324-3367

e-mail : FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Following format can be used

To
FBI Headquarters
Name Check Section
Washington DC 20535

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have filed an application for adjustment of status to that as of Lawful permanent Resident with the USCIS Vermont Service Center on 07/12/2004. Our application is now pending adjudication at the Vermont Service Center.

I am sending this note to you kindly asking for your office to please provide the status of the security/name check I believe the USCIS would have requested upon the filing of our application for adjustment of status.

Following are the details of our case:

Name: xxxx xxx

Date of Birth: xxxx
USCIS Receipt Numbers: EACxxxxxx
Country of Birth: xxx

(include all above details for subsequent applicants)

Address: xxxxx
Phone# : xxxx

E-mail: xxxxxx

I may be reached by phone or e-mail, if you require any additional information/ documents to address my request. A prompt response will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

xxxxxx

qyang0828,
Iam in a similar situation. I changed my address a week before my case transferred to newark. I didn't get any letter abt my case transfer. The lawyer got it.

Also, when i called the service center, they took my address wrong. Since my wife was added to I-485 process much later than me, she got finger print notice very recently and astonishingly even if the address was wrong, i got it(instead of taylor avenue, the stupid service center guy noted it as teller avenue)...

I don't know what to do know..May be taking an infopass appointment and going to newark local office would serve the purpose....

Thanks Patpat,

There is a form you can fill and send to them with your case receipt. (sorry, I don't know the details, since my husband did it. I assume you can get that on the internet.) we did that 3-4 time to make sure they get it. it was kind of just before the case is transferred. All the other notices went to our lawyer as well, but I just don't know if they will send a copy of interview notice to our lawyer.

qyang0828

patpat said:
qyang0828,
Iam in a similar situation. I changed my address a week before my case transferred to newark. I didn't get any letter abt my case transfer. The lawyer got it.

Also, when i called the service center, they took my address wrong. Since my wife was added to I-485 process much later than me, she got finger print notice very recently and astonishingly even if the address was wrong, i got it(instead of taylor avenue, the stupid service center guy noted it as teller avenue)...

I don't know what to do know..May be taking an infopass appointment and going to newark local office would serve the purpose....

Hello everyone expecting GC, my GC got approved today

Today 23 march 2005 morning we had the interview at 8:30am, we reached Newark broad street office at 8am, gave the letter at the counter at 8:15am, waited. We were called around 9:30am, one male officer asked our signatures and index finger print. He took us to his cabin, then asked me the following questions:
1) Can i use the medical i have in file? - Yes
2) I want the employer letter and w2 for 3 yrs - yes and gave both
Were you working for another company before? - Yes, then i joined a company and worked for the client, but now recently i became a permanent employee with the same client
(I was with company A , filed labor in 2001 may, got labor approved in 2003 nove, got laid off from them before i-140 approval, but got EAD, did finger printing. Joined company B, worked for client, did H1 transfer, also had EAD, but luckily got 140 approval after 2 months as company A did not withdraw my GC application. After 2 months, got interview letter. In the meantime, i had filed AC21 for joining company B thro lawyer. Also filed another AC21 on my own without lawyer for joining the client of company B as permanent employee on march 14th 2005 ,sent it to immigration on 15 th march. Company B which did my H1b transfer also filed for 2nd labor in case my GC gets withdrawal from company A)
3) were you involved with drugs, alcohol - No
4) Did you have any traffic violations - No
5) Were you associated with any terrorist group? -No
6) Were you ever arrested? - Yes ,i got arrested, then judged not guilty
7) Can i see the disposition for the same? I am seeing about your arrest here(he had files showing that) - Yes (gave him copy of disposition)
8) Can i have the original disposition? I need to see the seal in that- Yes(gave him)
9) Were you married before? - Yes, I was married twice, i got divorced, this is my third marriage
10) Are you in contact with your x-wifes? - No
11) Where are your x-wifes now? - i said the name of the country they lived
12) Can i have your son's birth certificate? - Yes (gave him copy)
Then he asked the following questions to my wife
questions 3, 4, 5, 6 were repeated to her as above and she said no for all.
Then he asked
1) Is he your husband and is he your son(looking at our 21 month old kid sleeping in the stroller next to us) - Yes
2)Were you home on H4, are you a housewife - Yes
He asked our passports, said he need to get visa number, so we need to wait outside for short time so that he can get our passports stamped.
After 10 mts, he came and gave stamped passports, said card with come in 2-3 weeks, also got back our EADs.

Docs we carried in 3 bags:
The interview letter asked for only passport, i-94, other columns were not checked

I-485 receipt notice
I-140 receipt and approval orig, copy
All H-1 Bs copy
employer letter original, copy (gave original in interview)
W2(5 yrs) orig, copy
paystubs (1 yr) orig, copy
tax returns (5 yrs) orig, copy
AC21
affidavit of support (i-134) for spouse
prev. medical test copies, receipts ( done in nove 2003)
2 photos for each of us
passport, I-94 (for both) orig , copy
Certified disposition orig, copy
employment letters, originals, copies
education certi. orig , copies
birth certificate non-availability (2 formats)
divorce copies
ssn, EAD, ID for both, orig , copy

for spouse
marriage certificate, orig, copy
marriage photos
date of birth certi orig, copy
education cert. orig , copy
prev. divorce orig, copy

for kid
birth certificate orig, copy
ssn
( he is US citizen)
Thanks to Rajiv S.Khanna for maintaining this site, this helped us a lot.
Newark office people are nice, parked car near immigration $8 per day.
Goodluck to those waiting for GC!