Newark local office transfer: tracker

SedhaNo1 said:
Today 23 march 2005 morning we had the interview at 8:30am, we reached Newark broad street office at 8am, gave the letter at the counter at 8:15am, waited. We were called around 9:30am, one male officer asked our signatures and index finger print. He took us to his cabin, then asked me the following questions:
1) Can i use the medical i have in file? - Yes
2) I want the employer letter and w2 for 3 yrs - yes and gave both
Were you working for another company before? - Yes, then i joined a company and worked for the client, but now recently i became a permanent employee with the same client
(I was with company A , filed labor in 2001 may, got labor approved in 2003 nove, got laid off from them before i-140 approval, but got EAD, did finger printing. Joined company B, worked for client, did H1 transfer, also had EAD, but luckily got 140 approval after 2 months as company A did not withdraw my GC application. After 2 months, got interview letter. In the meantime, i had filed AC21 for joining company B thro lawyer. Also filed another AC21 on my own without lawyer for joining the client of company B as permanent employee on march 14th 2005 ,sent it to immigration on 15 th march. Company B which did my H1b transfer also filed for 2nd labor in case my GC gets withdrawal from company A)
3) were you involved with drugs, alcohol - No
4) Did you have any traffic violations - No
5) Were you associated with any terrorist group? -No
6) Were you ever arrested? - Yes ,i got arrested, then judged not guilty
7) Can i see the disposition for the same? I am seeing about your arrest here(he had files showing that) - Yes (gave him copy of disposition)
8) Can i have the original disposition? I need to see the seal in that- Yes(gave him)
9) Were you married before? - Yes, I was married twice, i got divorced, this is my third marriage
10) Are you in contact with your x-wifes? - No
11) Where are your x-wifes now? - i said the name of the country they lived
12) Can i have your son's birth certificate? - Yes (gave him copy)
Then he asked the following questions to my wife
questions 3, 4, 5, 6 were repeated to her as above and she said no for all.
Then he asked
1) Is he your husband and is he your son(looking at our 21 month old kid sleeping in the stroller next to us) - Yes
2)Were you home on H4, are you a housewife - Yes
He asked our passports, said he need to get visa number, so we need to wait outside for short time so that he can get our passports stamped.
After 10 mts, he came and gave stamped passports, said card with come in 2-3 weeks, also got back our EADs.

Docs we carried in 3 bags:
The interview letter asked for only passport, i-94, other columns were not checked

I-485 receipt notice
I-140 receipt and approval orig, copy
All H-1 Bs copy
employer letter original, copy (gave original in interview)
W2(5 yrs) orig, copy
paystubs (1 yr) orig, copy
tax returns (5 yrs) orig, copy
AC21
affidavit of support (i-134) for spouse
prev. medical test copies, receipts ( done in nove 2003)
2 photos for each of us
passport, I-94 (for both) orig , copy
Certified disposition orig, copy
employment letters, originals, copies
education certi. orig , copies
birth certificate non-availability (2 formats)
divorce copies
ssn, EAD, ID for both, orig , copy

for spouse
marriage certificate, orig, copy
marriage photos
date of birth certi orig, copy
education cert. orig , copy
prev. divorce orig, copy

for kid
birth certificate orig, copy
ssn
( he is US citizen)
Thanks to Rajiv S.Khanna for maintaining this site, this helped us a lot.
Newark office people are nice, parked car near immigration $8 per day.
Goodluck to those waiting for GC!

Congratulations and thanks for giving such a detailed explanation of your interview process. Good Luck and have fun!

Whats Happening at Newark???

Guys,
Wake up!! Whats happening at Newark local office transfers. I havent seen any interviews lined up for a long time. Is everyone following this thread or not updating even after getting interview letters/approvals.

Please keep everyone posted on new developments. Can everyone let us everyone know what the current status on our application(if they have received any interview letter or attended interview or got approved).

This would help others who are also waiting. Nowadays, how long is the wait to get an interview at Newark? Has the FBI name check completed for everyone?

Thanks for your support.

We have been waiting since 9 months. The case got transferred on 7/12.
3rd FP on Sept 24, 2004 and so far no news.
It is frustrating!

ataknev

Passport stamped on March 30th, 2005

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experiecne of the GC stamping at Newark, NJ.

Interview was scheduled for 8.00 a.m.
Reached there with my wife and two kids around 7.30.
After showing the interview letter, asked to wait in the line outside the bldg. Around 7.40, we got in the bldg.
Got past the security check and went to the 13th floor.
A lady standing in the hallway outside the elevator was directing people, after checking the interview letters and some identification.
We were asked to go to window #2 in room 1300, which is right next to the elevator.
Another lady at window #2 took our interview letters and asked us whether we have a Lawyer to represent us in the interview. We said NO. We were asked to wait.
We saw lot of people(mostly Hispanics), with their Lawyers.
At around 8.45, we were called in by a Black male officer.
Took signitures and fingerprints and asked us to follow him to his desk.
Asked us to provide some identification(not specifically asked for driving license). But that's what we gave.
Next he asked for Passport, W2s, recent employment letter, tax returns etc. Gave him what he asked.
In our case, my wife was the main applicant. So, he asked her about her job description, salary, hrs work/week etc.
Then he asked about my job, empolyer, salary etc. Didn't ask for my W2s(I had it with me anyway).
Next he asked us to answer to some common questions- like whether we were ever arrested, whether we were in any deportation procedures and few more such questions. Answered NO to all of that.
Then he asked for our EAD(he didn't ask for all the EADs). So, we gave back only the latest ones.
Then he kept our passports and aked us to wait outside, as he had to get our visa numbers.
Waited outside for hardly ten minutes and there he came with our stamped passports!!!
Showing the stamps on the PP, he said it's good for travel and employment and the plastic card can be expected in 6 months.

We said thank you, took all our belongings and happily left the room...

That's end of our GC journey. I want to thank all the active members of this forum. This has been very helpful.

I wish you all GOOD LUCK, and hope you all will get it soon.

God bless you.

Regs,
SMathew.

ataknev said:
How do I find out if FBI name check is complete? Could you please let me know?

Thanks,
Ataknev

Send an email to FBI to see if your name check has been completed. I see most of transferred cases where guys are waiting for a long time, have issues with FBI name check not being cleared. This is also one of the reasons why we are waiting longtime.

To even get a reply from FBI namecheck, it would take atleast 5 months guaranteed.

Good Luck!

Case transferred and back?

In Sep 2004, my case status message stated that case is transferred to newark nj for interview. During a recent info pass appointment in newark, we found something very intersting and slightly disturbing..our files are not in n.j, atleast not anymore.

We called national service center, and found out maybe our files were sent to nj for some information they needed, and then nj office sent it back to vermont, probably in nov 2004. note the words maybe and probably. they are not v. sure, based on the info they can capture from the computer screens they can access.

reason, i am sharing this is, i don't think i may be the only one who is experiencing something like this. its possible, they transfer files back and forth. the good news is, if they have sent the file back to vermont, they probably will send a straight approval whenever they get to the case.

the officer said, the processing times are avg. times, and there is no gurantee that case will be approved/rejected within the period. if they are investigating, they can take as long as they need to take..they are not bound to any restrictions.

lawyer will write a letter to vermont to find out whats going on, but i am not positive that they will respond any time soon or act or provide any useful response.

wish me luck folks, and hang in there..good lukc to you all as well..

Hi,

I just call NSC 800-375-5283 after I read the post by Riyaz.. My case is still in Newark ..waiting for scheduling an interview.

ush_bha

ND 06/2002 - EB2
TD 09/2004

Passport stamped on April 8th 2005

Hi all,

I Would like to share my experience of the GC stamping at Newark, New Jersey.
My Interview was scheduled for 9.00 a.m. Reached there with my wife around 8.10 am.
At around 8.40 AM, we were called in by a white female officer.
Took signatures and fingerprints and asked us to follow her to her desk.
she asked me about my job description and salary.
Then she asked for our Passports, My W2s, EVL, tax returns etc.
The she asked YES/NO common questions to me and wife.
Then she asked for our EAD. we gave all the EAD's. Then she said she will stamp our passport and the plastic card can be expected in 3-6 months. :D

Our GC saga is over now. I want to thank Rajeev Khanna and his team and all active members of this forum. :)

Thanks
ED_GC :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved at cherryhill INS office after interview

:) :) :)
First of all let me thank God for his mersy on our family.

I wanted to share my GC interview experience at Cherryhill, NJ.

Our cases are so complicated as we applied in 245(i) clause. Finally yesterday it went smoothly withount any problems.

Interview was scheduled for 9.00 a.m. Reached there with my wife, kid and also Lawyer around 8.30. After submitting the interview letter immidiately at 8.40 called for interview by a female officer(#4).Took signitures and fingerprints and asked us to follow her to her desk.

Asked us to provide Birth certificates, Passports, Current employment letter,
w2s and Tax returns for 2 years & couple of months pay stubs.

Next she asked us to answer to some common questions- like whether we were ever arrested, whether we were in any deportation procedures and few more such questions. Answered NO to all of that.Then she asked for our EAD (all the EADs).
In front of us she stamped I-551 on all our passports. she said it's good for travel and employment and the plastic card can be expected in 2 to 3 months. we are out from there by 9:30AM.

That's end of our long painfull GC journey and end of sleepless nights. I want to thank Rajeev Khanna and his team and all active members of this forum.This has been very helpful.

I wish you all GOOD LUCK, and hope you all will get it soon. I am very sure every one will get it finally. Only we have to wait!!!!!!!!

God bless you!!!God bless us!!!
:) :) :)
Regards,
savichin

Here's the updated tracker.

Congratulations!!!

All The Best!!! Enjoy Your Freedom....it's A Long Wait....but Pays At The End....again My Congratulations!!!

Thanks..wish you Goodluck..

Thanks..wish you Goodluck..
savichin...

pag-asa88 said:
All The Best!!! Enjoy Your Freedom....it's A Long Wait....but Pays At The End....again My Congratulations!!!

Passports Stampted

We got our passports stampted today. The journey is finally over. I have updated the tracker. How long does it take for the plastic card to come?

Natwar

Concurrent Filing
I140/I485 RD 02/2003
1st FP - 03/2003
I140 AD 11/2003
I485 transferred from Vermont to Newark - 07/15/2004
2nd FP - 11/9/2004
Interview Notice Received on 2/8/2005
Interview Date - 3/10/2005
Passport Stampted - 4/18/2005

No LUD after stamping

Hi,
I didn't see any LUD (change in msg) after my interview & passport stamp at cherry hill on April 12th. Do I have to expect some thing like that or it never happens. How to track the card order, card didpatch like that..If any one knows about it please post here.
thanks..