Newark local office transfer: tracker

qyang0828

qyang0828 said:
Our case was transferred to Newark Sept, 2004, and our lawyer told us the average waiting time for newark office is from half year to two years. What a long wait!

I will post detailed dates of our case later. But our case is not a luck one: started from Oct 2002, almost two and half years.

This is my first post. It feels good to know there are so many people are as anxious as I do. (Wish all of us good luck.)

I really want to visit my family this June. How I hope I can get the lucky stamp to avoid all the trouble of having AP. BTW, any of you know the complication of H1 and AP. I don't have EAD card, and are working with H1 visa. Can I come back using AP, and continue to work as H1 visa holder?
Or I have to go to get a H1 visa for coming back and continue to work as H1?
Some people said it is a gray area. Any one has this experience?

Thanks!

I slightly disagree with the other person who says the interview wait is 2 -3 months. Its very variable. I am waiting since Sep 04, so my wait time has exceeded 5 months. I think your lawer is partly correct. To correct him, the interview can be as quick as 1 month and as late as (???? 1 year). Problem with the Immigration is, there is no max limit.

Regarding H1, I believe you are concerned because you do not have a stamp on your passport, sine you renewed your h1. If that's correct, then you may get stuck waiting for your h1 stamp interview. I have heard, those guys in Pakistan may make you wait upto 6 months. I am from India, but I am sure, in India, depending on rush and city, it might take time. Best deal is to get a AP and then go, or wait for another 4-6 months before you decide to visit. Hopefully, in 4-6 months, we shall all be stamped with GC.

It took almost 7 months but I finally got the interview letter :)

Concurrent Filing
I140/I485 RD 02/2003
1st FP - 03/2003
I140 AD 11/2003
I485 transferred from Vermont to Newark - 07/15/2004
2nd FP - 11/9/2004
Interview Notice Received on 2/8/2005
Interview Date - 3/10/2005

cong.

congratulations! Finally your turn is coming. But at the same time, I am amazed how newark treats applicants. I guess justice and fairness are two foreign words in this country, despite their everyday self-advertising.

Just a brief experience. I lately contacted Corzine's office for help and got a letter from them. Attached with the letter is the printed email with names and address crossed out, the email reads:

Dear XXX:
this is Jane from Corzine's office, a customer is asking for his transfered case. I would be appreciated if you can let us know the status.

Reply:
Dear Jane,
The applicant's case was transferred on Nov,3rd, 2004 and is currently pending.
Yours,
XXX

The letter from corzine's office writes: After a THOROUGH investigation, we are providing the information that.........

God help us! Those guys are madman. That's what they call HELP for citizens. I will stop bothering writing letters to senator for help.

God bless everyone,

natwar said:

Concurrent Filing
I140/I485 RD 02/2003
1st FP - 03/2003
I140 AD 11/2003
2nd FP - 11/9/2004

Hi guys,

It is indeed a nightmare going through this process anywhere between 2-4 years. But finally most of us are at the end of the wait or already got to the destination.

Yes the process has slowed down, but to calm you Newark is much better than most centers. This should cheer you all!

All the best gyang0828, AOS030326,riyaz404-t and all others in the Q.

natwar said:

Concurrent Filing
I140/I485 RD 02/2003
1st FP - 03/2003
I140 AD 11/2003
2nd FP - 11/9/2004

Congrats on getting your interview letter. Can you please update the tracker for Newark and also post the documents that you need to bring for the interview?

Received the interview letter finally!!!

Hi all,

After the long wait, finally the interview letter came in the mail yesterday! It's scheduled for March 30th(8.00 a.m). The case was transferred to Newark from VSC on July 1st 2004. Asked to bring in the passport and I-94.

Good luck to you all who are still waiting for an interview. Just hang in there.

Regs,
SMathew.

s_mathew said:
Hi all,

After the long wait, finally the interview letter came in the mail yesterday! It's scheduled for March 30th(8.00 a.m). The case was transferred to Newark from VSC on July 1st 2004. Asked to bring in the passport and I-94.

Good luck to you all who are still waiting for an interview. Just hang in there.

Regs,
SMathew.

Update the tracker pls..

s_mathew said:
Where can I find the tracker??

Its on page 59 under Savichin's posting. Its an excel sheet. Try to give your details on that excel sheet and that would help people down the line.

Good Luck!

Attached please find the updated tracker.

Want GC Soon said:
Its on page 59 under Savichin's posting. Its an excel sheet. Try to give your details on that excel sheet and that would help people down the line.

Good Luck!

help to update the track sheet

Thank you for your blessing!

It feels so good to see some of you got the interview notice. Congratulations!!!!

It seems the Newark office is finally starting to work and couple of us will be the next to get the precious letter.

I tried to update the track spread sheet, but don't know how. Any help?

my situation is:
Receipt date of 485 is 10/16/02 (pretty early)
approval of I140 is May 04
Transferred to Neward is 09/23/2004
still waiting for interview letter.

Thanks a lot!

DOM2004 said:
Hi guys,

It is indeed a nightmare going through this process anywhere between 2-4 years. But finally most of us are at the end of the wait or already got to the destination.

Yes the process has slowed down, but to calm you Newark is much better than most centers. This should cheer you all!

All the best gyang0828, AOS030326,riyaz404-t and all others in the Q.

My case was transfered on dec22 to newark.I received only email confirmation.not any regular mail.I took an infopass appt on march 4 to talk to the officer.Has anyone did this before ?Pl explain how it went?

Thank you SMathew.

s_mathew said:
I have updated the tracker for you.

SMathew.

Subran,

Please let us know your interview later. Will that speed up the process?
If so, everyone can have an infopass?

Subran,
Check with your lawyer if he got the letter. In my case the fingerprint notice and the transfer letter both went to the attorney.

Hi All,

Mine is a future employment based GC.
My case was transferred to Newark on 22 Sep..no news from them.. except for they called for a 2nd finger print for my wife on October 2004.

current employer also filed for labour on Feb 2003 and on 8th year H1 extension...

PD 10/08/01
I-140 RD 20/02/02
I-140 AD 20/02/03
I-485 RD 28/02/03 ND 30/04/03
FP1 05/22/03
FP2 08/24/04
Case transferred to Newark 22/09/04

it will come when it's time

:) want_gc_soon, cheer up. I think our turn is coming soon (my case is transferred to newark on sept 23.) since the last group who got interview letters was transferred at the beginning of sept and end of aug.

want_gc_soon said:
Hi All,

Mine is a future employment based GC.
My case was transferred to Newark on 22 Sep..no news from them.. except for they called for a 2nd finger print for my wife on October 2004.

current employer also filed for labour on Feb 2003 and on 8th year H1 extension...

PD 10/08/01
I-140 RD 20/02/02
I-140 AD 20/02/03
I-485 RD 28/02/03 ND 30/04/03
FP1 05/22/03
FP2 08/24/04
Case transferred to Newark 22/09/04