Newark local office transfer: tracker

atlanta interview feb 9th

had a lengthy interview
was asked for letter from new company(have filed ac21),also asked for arrest
records(had a non dui traffic arrest) everything went well but she said an
administrative check has not been completed for me(think she meant name check) . she would send decision when it is done. any one have an idea how long it takes? anyway of me following it up?

Want GC Soon said:
Hi Savichin,
When did you file your EAD, and when did you complete your FP/Signature/Photos? Any LUD changes after that? My case is transferred to local office and I dont know what I did is right, filing at Chicago.. Are we guys right filing at Chicago, since many say that Chicago office is for family based 485's. How long do you think that it would take for us to get our EAD's?

We posted our EAD to Newark on 1st Nov. Issued RD as NOV 5,2004 & ND as NOV 10,2004. Completed the FP/PHOTOS at Loval INS PHILY on Dec 14,2004 before the appointment date of Dec 24,2004. LUD on dec 15 & 16 and Again Jan 24 & JAN 25 when it was approved.

I-485 RD : Nov 04, 2002
TD (Newark) : Sept 23, 2004

savichin said:
We posted our EAD to Newark on 1st Nov. Issued RD as NOV 5,2004 & ND as NOV 10,2004. Completed the FP/PHOTOS at Loval INS PHILY on Dec 14,2004 before the appointment date of Dec 24,2004. LUD on dec 15 & 16 and Again Jan 24 & JAN 25 when it was approved.

can you please tell me , for your FP/photos/signature you scheduled an appointment on your own OR you got an intimation letter to be present on that date and time

I have done eFiling on 11th Jan and got a Receipt with MSC # showing RD as 12th Jan. No news after that

If you scheduled on your own , pl do let me know the procedure as to how to do it

shivapvb said:
can you please tell me , for your FP/photos/signature you scheduled an appointment on your own OR you got an intimation letter to be present on that date and time

I have done eFiling on 11th Jan and got a Receipt with MSC # showing RD as 12th Jan. No news after that

If you scheduled on your own , pl do let me know the procedure as to how to do it

Hi shivapvb,

Posted EAD renewal to Newark on 1st Nov. Didn't do the eFiling.
The Receipt notice clearly explained to schedule an appointment to have my Biometrics (FP/PHOTOS) at the Application Support Center and must call 1-800-375-5283 to schedule the appointment. So when I called that no I got the appointment for Dec 24, but went there before the appt date on dec 14 itself. They didnt say anything and just took the appointment nos of Dec 24.
Hope it helps you.

RD : 11/05/03
FP : 10/22/04
Transferred to local office : 11/22/04
Concurrent filing.
2nd EAD: RD 01/19/2005 and had Biometrics on 01/22/2005.

I was told by somebody saying we need to mail the supporting documents after e-filing (I-765) but I was told when I called the 800 #, we do not need to send anything unless they indicate that in the receipt notice. I didn't send any supporting documents since nothing was mentioned in the receipt notice.

Any ideas or experiences?

Thanks,
Surika

Last edited by a moderator:
How is your interview?

fams said:
Someone pls. update tracker for me-I keep getting an error msg. My details:
Interview Date: 01/31/05
Notice Date: 01/07/05
Priority Date: 04/01

fams,
Was your interview on 1/31/05? Hope you have your GC on hand now. Do you mind to share your experience with the rest of anxious waiters?
Thanks!

BlueGirl said:
fams,
Was your interview on 1/31/05? Hope you have your GC on hand now. Do you mind to share your experience with the rest of anxious waiters?
Thanks!

Fams has already shared his experience. Look out for his experience.

We had the same experience in Cherry Hill office, interview on 12/15/04 and were told that some administrative checks need to be done. On 02/07/05 my attorney received an approval letter showing approval date as 02/02/05. We picked up the approvals from attorneys's office and booked an InfoPass appointment for the 02/09/05 and got stamped. Never received the approval letter to my home, neither the welcome notice which has the receipt # to track the plastic card. We were told at Newark that the cards will arrive after 6-12 months !!

fresh72 said:
had a lengthy interview
was asked for letter from new company(have filed ac21),also asked for arrest
records(had a non dui traffic arrest) everything went well but she said an
administrative check has not been completed for me(think she meant name check) . she would send decision when it is done. any one have an idea how long it takes? anyway of me following it up?

to Bluegirl

BlueGirl said:
fams,
Thanks!

Heres a copy of my post about my interview. We got stamped after producing the necesary police clearance 2 days later:

We waited for around 45 minutes outside the building and went in finally at 10.o clock .Handed over our interview notice and waited.And waited.And waited.

At last around 1 o clock the officer called us in .She took our fingerprints as well my older son's. Then she asked the kids to wait outside .
My husband and I went in with the attorney. The officer made us take an oath and swear that we spoke the truth. Then she asked us 3 times if we have ever been arrested or summoned etc. We both said no 3 times. Then she looked at my husband and said the FBI did not think so.She said the FBI had a record on my husband's FP. We were both shocked. Then she mentioned some town's name and then it struck my husband that he had gone once to that town police precinct to resolve a civil dispute and he had given his FP there.But there was no arrest or court proceeding. But the officer was a really sweet lady. She said it does not matter , as long as my husband got that disposition from the police saying he was not guilty.

Then she went on to check her file on us and asked us for copies of whatever she was missing -my son's and my husbands Birth cert, I-140 approval, employment letter.She took our fotos and I-94s . She asked my husband alone to come back on a Wednesday for stamping , as soon as he got the disposition.She then joked with me and said I should relax since she wd definitely approve us on Wednesday.
She was a very nice lady -hope all of you who get interviews get her!
Thanks for the support of the forum which kept us going in hard times.
Good luck
fams( The only thing I miss now is that I cant write Approved with multiple Os)

surika said:
RD : 11/05/03
FP : 10/22/04
Transferred to local office : 11/22/04
Concurrent filing.
2nd EAD: RD 01/19/2005 and had Biometrics on 01/22/2005.

I was told by somebody saying we need to mail the supporting documents after e-filing (I-765) but I was told when I called the 800 #, we do not need to send anything unless they indicate that in the receipt notice. I didn't send any supporting documents since nothing was mentioned in the receipt notice.

Any ideas or experiences?

Thanks,
Surika

Surika,

You need to send your supporting documents to Lee Summit, MO office (national Benefits Center. Supporting documents include copy of your receipt, last copy of your EAD, copy of I 94, copy of I 485 receipt

My receipt did say to send supporting documents to Lee Summit, MO office

waiting for interview and question on AP and H1

Our case was transferred to Newark Sept, 2004, and our lawyer told us the average waiting time for newark office is from half year to two years. What a long wait!

I will post detailed dates of our case later. But our case is not a luck one: started from Oct 2002, almost two and half years.

This is my first post. It feels good to know there are so many people are as anxious as I do. (Wish all of us good luck.)

I really want to visit my family this June. How I hope I can get the lucky stamp to avoid all the trouble of having AP. BTW, any of you know the complication of H1 and AP. I don't have EAD card, and are working with H1 visa. Can I come back using AP, and continue to work as H1 visa holder?
Or I have to go to get a H1 visa for coming back and continue to work as H1?
Some people said it is a gray area. Any one has this experience?

Thanks!

qyang0828 said:
Our case was transferred to Newark Sept, 2004, and our lawyer told us the average waiting time for newark office is from half year to two years. What a long wait!

I will post detailed dates of our case later. But our case is not a luck one: started from Oct 2002, almost two and half years.

This is my first post. It feels good to know there are so many people are as anxious as I do. (Wish all of us good luck.)

I really want to visit my family this June. How I hope I can get the lucky stamp to avoid all the trouble of having AP. BTW, any of you know the complication of H1 and AP. I don't have EAD card, and are working with H1 visa. Can I come back using AP, and continue to work as H1 visa holder?
Or I have to go to get a H1 visa for coming back and continue to work as H1?
Some people said it is a gray area. Any one has this experience?

Thanks!

Hi qyang0828,

If you are having a valid H1 then why do you need a AP?? It is valid for travel!!!
BTW the interview time is mostly 2-4 months till now. Right now it could be delayed, since you are close to 5 months, unless things are going to get bad you should get it within a month & not take 2 years at all,so relax. Try and talk with CIS rep.Mine was transferred in Sep '04 and interviewed on Nov04.

Good luck!

I-765 (EAD) - Online submission

shivapvb

Thank you for your response. Some reason, they haven't mentioned that on my receipt notice. Anyway, I will mail the supporting docs to be on safe side.

Thanks,
Surika

Surika,

You need to send your supporting documents to Lee Summit, MO office (national Benefits Center. Supporting documents include copy of your receipt, last copy of your EAD, copy of I 94, copy of I 485 receipt

My receipt did say to send supporting documents to Lee Summit, MO office

fams said:
Heres a copy of my post about my interview. We got stamped after producing the necesary police clearance 2 days later:

We waited for around 45 minutes outside the building and went in finally at 10.o clock .Handed over our interview notice and waited.And waited.And waited.

At last around 1 o clock the officer called us in .She took our fingerprints as well my older son's. Then she asked the kids to wait outside .
My husband and I went in with the attorney. The officer made us take an oath and swear that we spoke the truth. Then she asked us 3 times if we have ever been arrested or summoned etc. We both said no 3 times. Then she looked at my husband and said the FBI did not think so.She said the FBI had a record on my husband's FP. We were both shocked. Then she mentioned some town's name and then it struck my husband that he had gone once to that town police precinct to resolve a civil dispute and he had given his FP there.But there was no arrest or court proceeding. But the officer was a really sweet lady. She said it does not matter , as long as my husband got that disposition from the police saying he was not guilty.

Then she went on to check her file on us and asked us for copies of whatever she was missing -my son's and my husbands Birth cert, I-140 approval, employment letter.She took our fotos and I-94s . She asked my husband alone to come back on a Wednesday for stamping , as soon as he got the disposition.She then joked with me and said I should relax since she wd definitely approve us on Wednesday.
She was a very nice lady -hope all of you who get interviews get her!
Thanks for the support of the forum which kept us going in hard times.
Good luck
fams( The only thing I miss now is that I cant write Approved with multiple Os)

Fams:
Cheers for your happy ending! :) Appreciated your experience and story (I kept tracking all posts, but why I missed this crucial message before :confused: Thanks for your pacience! )
Congratulation and Enjoy!
BlueGirl

DOM2004 and Qyang,

Sorry to say this, but DOM2004, I think the claim that interview nowadays takes only 2-4 months is daydreaming. over 90% people on this forum, including myself, whose cases have been transferred to Newark for over 4 months heard nothing back yet. If you add another month from receiving the letter to real interview, that mounts to at least half year.

I am wishing everyone, including myself good luck. But please also note that reality is reality, newark nowadays takes ~6months to get interview. You might be the sporadic superluck star, but for most of us, 6 months is the real count.

No official sources will post this or tell you this, but use your eyes and brain, analyse the real life examples from people and not hard to get a sense.

Hope it helps,

DOM2004 said:
Hi qyang0828,

If you are having a valid H1 then why do you need a AP?? It is valid for travel!!!
BTW the interview time is mostly 2-4 months till now. Right now it could be delayed, since you are close to 5 months, unless things are going to get bad you should get it within a month & not take 2 years at all,so relax. Try and talk with CIS rep.Mine was transferred in Sep '04 and interviewed on Nov04.

Good luck!

AOS030326 said:
Sorry to say this, but DOM2004, I think the claim that interview nowadays takes only 2-4 months is daydreaming. over 90% people on this forum, including myself, whose cases have been transferred to Newark for over 4 months heard nothing back yet. If you add another month from receiving the letter to real interview, that mounts to at least half year.

I am wishing everyone, including myself good luck. But please also note that reality is reality, newark nowadays takes ~6months to get interview. You might be the sporadic superluck star, but for most of us, 6 months is the real count.

No official sources will post this or tell you this, but use your eyes and brain, analyse the real life examples from people and not hard to get a sense.

Hope it helps,

AOS030326,

Actually my case was transferred in July and got a interview letter in OCT and interview in NOV end. At that point there were people who were called in a month or two time for the interview. In fact I was the unlucky one to wait for 4 months.

I have waited for more than 3 years for the GC, you arenot the only one. Using abusive language wont get you fast GC. IF YOU HAVE BRAINS AND USE IT, do it for some good purpose.

to DOM2004

Hi, DOM2004, I have never intended to be offensive to you. Your case was in last July and I am talking about late 2004 transferers. Additionally, as I said, your case is not representative at all.

Ask people transferered in late Oct and Nov, see what is the % of them got interviews, or even letters.

Being so sensitive doesn't take you any where. I will close my remark here. I have never intended to be offensive to you. Just pointing out you are wrong. Nowadays waiting time is over 4 months. Period.

Cheer,

DOM2004 said:
AOS030326,

Actually my case was transferred in July and got a interview letter in OCT and interview in NOV end. At that point there were people who were called in a month or two time for the interview. In fact I was the unlucky one to wait for 4 months.

I have waited for more than 3 years for the GC, you arenot the only one. Using abusive language wont get you fast GC. IF YOU HAVE BRAINS AND USE IT, do it for some good purpose.

Thank you!

DOM2004 said:
Hi qyang0828,

Good luck!

Thank you DOM2004.

Is AP safer than H1, since I am at the stage waiting for adjustment of
status? I am afraid of being rejected for H1 oversea.

Really, at this moment, nothing can be done to expidite the process. Just wait. so this forum is really helpful on calming and soothing.

Also thank you AOS030326,

I agree with you on that, from the spreadsheet, I can see the process is slowed down since later 2004. But I just don't understand how my lawyer get the estimation of from half year to two years when we called him around oct 2004 (at that time it was pretty fast). He is not a lawyer I would recommend to anyone anyway. Just wait wait and wait....

HOPE EVERYONE WHO GETS GOOD NEWS WILL COME BACK HERE TO SHARE WITH ALL THE ANXIOUS ONES, just like what fams did. Thank you fams

to qyang

Just relax, lawyers won't tell you the truth, they will just tell you to wait. From their perspective, what do you think they can tell you? They have nothing to do with CIS whatsoever. So understand them and use brain to think, to observe (not being offensive, as DOM described).

yes, newark has slowed down significantly in late 2004 and nowadays interview takes at least 5 month ( actually much longer than that). That being said, it doesn't exclude sporadic examples that even people transfered in late Dec got interivew in early Jan ( one of my friend did), but those examples can hardly be said to be representative.

Also the AP and h1 issue is a rather complicated one susceptible to a simple answer and I would suggest you to be careful, especailly if you come from China. They will check you for months and months and nobody can help you with the stupid so-called security check. Be very careful unless your h1 stamp is still valid.

There is no other suggestions to you beside wait, wait patiently, your turn will come.

thanks

qyang0828 said:
Thank you DOM2004.

Is AP safer than H1, since I am at the stage waiting for adjustment of
status? I am afraid of being rejected for H1 oversea.

Really, at this moment, nothing can be done to expidite the process. Just wait. so this forum is really helpful on calming and soothing.

Also thank you AOS030326,

I agree with you on that, from the spreadsheet, I can see the process is slowed down since later 2004. But I just don't understand how my lawyer get the estimation of from half year to two years when we called him around oct 2004 (at that time it was pretty fast). He is not a lawyer I would recommend to anyone anyway. Just wait wait and wait....

HOPE EVERYONE WHO GETS GOOD NEWS WILL COME BACK HERE TO SHARE WITH ALL THE ANXIOUS ONES, just like what fams did. Thank you fams

Spouse Transfer

My wife's (dependent) petition was transferred to Newark today. Anybody had a dependent interview experience ... any input??