Newark local office transfer: tracker

Congratulations fams! When did you get the letter? And what did they ask for?
Do you know whay they transferred your case to local office?

Thanks,
ataknev

I called Senator Corzine's office and spoke to the person who deals with immigration issues. She told me that finger prints takes 8-10 weeks to clear. Once FP are cleared than I should hear from Newark. My prints were taken on 11/09/04. She said that if I don't hear anything from Newark by middle of February, than I should contact her and she will look into the issue.

Concurrent Filing
I140/I485 RD 02/2003
1st FP - 03/2003
I140 AD 11/2003
I485 transferred from Vermont to Newark - 07/15/2004
2nd FP - 11/9/2004
Waiting for Interview

Thank you pals

Thank you for your wishes.I dont know what my PD is . I got the interview letter on Jan 5th which gives me only 3 weeks for the interview. My case was transferred the day after I called them about my address change.Do any of you know if I need the W2 for 2004 also, for the interview,since we still have until April to file our taxes? Please advise.Also, I was asked for PPort, I-94 and all the certificates-birth ,marriage and "all supporting " evidence for my case-any idea what all of it includes? Does it mean all previous approvals and all?I dont have all of them .
fams

fams said:
Thank you for your wishes.I dont know what my PD is . I got the interview letter on Jan 5th which gives me only 3 weeks for the interview. My case was transferred the day after I called them about my address change.Do any of you know if I need the W2 for 2004 also, for the interview,since we still have until April to file our taxes? Please advise.Also, I was asked for PPort, I-94 and all the certificates-birth ,marriage and "all supporting " evidence for my case-any idea what all of it includes? Does it mean all previous approvals and all?I dont have all of them .
fams
----- take the
recent employer letter,
your last 3 years Tax filing(make copies) you can also get IRS transripts if you call IRS they mail in 4-8 days(free)
your latest I-94
Driving licence,or state ID
valid passport,
3 recent pay stubs(make copies)
2 Passport style photographs,
Birth certificate(make copy)
if spouse also with you then merriage certificate,
if you get W-2 for year 2004 before Interview then take that( also take last 3 years W-2 and make copies)
take your EAD, AP if you have
Show only what is asked ( officer may forget to ask NEW photograps once he takes your fingerprints on white form inform him that you have new passport style photograps so that officer can attach the photo with white form that is sent for Card production)
Good Luck!!

Thank you Ginnu

Thank you Ginnu for your help .I was stuck on this 2004 W-2 thing.So no need to file the 2004 tax return -just w-2 will do .Thank s again
fams

Opinion needed

ginnu said:
----- take the
recent employer letter,
your last 3 years Tax filing(make copies) you can also get IRS transripts if you call IRS they mail in 4-8 days(free)
your latest I-94
Driving licence,or state ID
valid passport,
3 recent pay stubs(make copies)
2 Passport style photographs,
Birth certificate(make copy)
if spouse also with you then merriage certificate,
if you get W-2 for year 2004 before Interview then take that( also take last 3 years W-2 and make copies)
take your EAD, AP if you have
Show only what is asked ( officer may forget to ask NEW photograps once he takes your fingerprints on white form inform him that you have new passport style photograps so that officer can attach the photo with white form that is sent for Card production)
Good Luck!!

My attorney said if my marriage certificate is not issued within a year of my marriage, then I need an affidavit in place of the certificate. Now I have the sworn affidavit for my marriage, but not the original certificate itself.Do you think this will be a problem?
fama

fams said:
My attorney said if my marriage certificate is not issued within a year of my marriage, then I need an affidavit in place of the certificate. Now I have the sworn affidavit for my marriage, but not the original certificate itself.Do you think this will be a problem?
fama

if you have marriage certificate keep it with you and copy of it ( it does not matter when you got it, they are not going to check the date or seal of registrar with date, they have very less time to look for such details and you might have submited the copy ofyour marriage certificate with your spouse I-485 and on the base of that marriage certificate your spouse got the H4 visa from consulate)

Keep the sworn affidavit for your marriage with you, they will ask the dervative spouse(80%) or you to show marriage certificate, just take out the orignal marriage certificate +copy and show and if any question about the date you got it then ONLY show the sworn affidavit

ginnu said:
if you have marriage certificate keep it with you and copy of it ( it does not matter when you got it, they are not going to check the date or seal of registrar with date, they have very less time to look for such details and you might have submited the copy ofyour marriage certificate with your spouse I-485 and on the base of that marriage certificate your spouse got the H4 visa from consulate)

Keep the sworn affidavit for your marriage with you, they will ask the dervative spouse(80%) or you to show marriage certificate, just take out the orignal marriage certificate +copy and show and if any question about the date you got it then ONLY show the sworn affidavit

Ginnu,
What is sworn affidavit? I dont undersand what you are talking about. I do have the original marriage certificate which I used for getting the visa at the consulate in India? Is sworn affidavit apart from the original marriage certificate? Please let me know. Also, who gives the sworn affidavit and if you can post a copy of the letter in this forum it would be of great help to me and other folks down the line.

Thanks

affidavit

A sworn affidavit is when a person who is related to you in some way , signs a statement in front of a notary public, on stamped paper, details about your marriage.
For ex:
I , yXYZ , father of ABC, aged 00 yrs.,son of WQE, now residing at ........,
am the father of ......and deponent of the subject hereunder:I swear that my daughter .....'s marriage was performed with Mr............,s/o ..........., on ..........The marriage was conducted and solemnised by ...............and duly certified by ............
I swear this affidavit to confirm and prove the marriage of my daughter ...........The above facts are true to the best of my knowledge.

dated ..........

Deponent

XYZ

Notarise this

fams

Want GC Soon said:
Ginnu,
What is sworn affidavit?
fams has posted to you
I dont undersand what you are talking about.
--- it was reply to Fams
I do have the original marriage certificate which I used for getting the visa at the consulate in India?
------ if you have the Orignal marriage certificate no need of sworn affidavit , just take the original marriage certificate and copy if you are going to attend interview, the lawyer Fams met he confused fam and then he posted and I suggusted what he need to do. dont get confused, relax!!

Is sworn affidavit apart from the original marriage certificate?
-YES, but you dont need that
Please let me know. Also, who gives the sworn affidavit
--- one can sign before Notary, executive magistrate on stamp paper
and if you can post a copy of the letter in this forum it would be of great help to me and other folks down the line.

Thanks

To FAMS, WantGCSoon

Want GC Soon said:
Thanks Fam & Ginnu.
This cleared my confusion.
Guys, don't forget to update the excel spreadsheet to track the transfer and approval dates.
All the best for the interview.

riyaz404-t said:
Guys, don't forget to update the excel spreadsheet to track the transfer and approval dates.
All the best for the interview.

Riyaz, did you get your interview date yet from Newark? Also, did you get written notification from Vermont that your case is now transferred to Newark?

As per the current trend, how long does it take to get the interview scheduled in Newark?

Good Luck

interview date?

Want GC Soon said:
Riyaz, did you get your interview date yet from Newark? Also, did you get written notification from Vermont that your case is now transferred to Newark?

As per the current trend, how long does it take to get the interview scheduled in Newark?

Good Luck
I am still waiting for the interview date notification. I did not receive the written notification. i found out when the status was updated. i believe my lawyer must have recd the notification, not sure though. i myself am trying to find out how long it takes to get the interview. i know fams recd it recently and had got it transferred in august. i also noticed someone else whose case was transferred much after august already finished his interview and stamping. i believe they are a mess, and its upto individual luck. i am hoping though they call me within 6 months of transfer.

Case Transfer to Memphis Local Office

My case recently transferred to Memphis Local Office.
How much time it may take to get the interview at local office.
Please let me know if anybody attended for the interview at Memphis, TN, and kindly share your experiences.
Thanks,
EB3/India/Concurrent
I140 approved: 10/2003
I485 ND: 06/16/2003

Pls update tracker for me

Someone pls. update tracker for me-I keep getting an error msg. My details:
Interview Date: 01/31/05
Notice Date: 01/07/05
Priority Date: 04/01

Well, since we have not heard anything about the interview, I guess I need to apply the EAD renewal. Since the case is transferred to local office, what is the procedure for applying for EAD renewal? Should I apply with Vermont or the local office?
Please let me know,

Thanks,
Ataknev

ataknev said:
Well, since we have not heard anything about the interview, I guess I need to apply the EAD renewal. Since the case is transferred to local office, what is the procedure for applying for EAD renewal? Should I apply with Vermont or the local office?
Please let me know,

Thanks,
Ataknev

Apply at Chicago Office Lockbox office. Newark INS gave me a printout that says that you need to file only at Chicago Office from now on.

Want GC Soon said:
Apply at Chicago Office Lockbox office. Newark INS gave me a printout that says that you need to file only at Chicago Office from now on.

My case was transferred to Newark office and now it is time for me to renew EAD. I called the 800 # to ask the same question about one week ago and was told by a lady that I should send EAD application/documents to Neward office.

I have not mailed my application yet (quite confused about where to sent it).

What's the mailing address of Chicago Office?