Newark local office transfer: tracker

Wen Ben said:
Hi Wen Ben,

Can you please let me know I have an interview on 09/29/2004 and My labor shows my basic pay is $85K/Year but my pay stubs and W2 Forms shows as $70K/Year. Is this a problem?. You mentioned officers will check whether salary mentioned in the labor is matching with W2 Form and Pay stubs or not.

They asked me to bring employment letter I am going to mention $70K/Year will this be a problem. Please clarify.

Thanks
NJ_VIJ

photos for plastic GC ?

Hi, Wen Ben.

Did the officer take 2 photos from you for the plastic GC ? In my case, the officer didnt ask for it, I think he should have taken the photos. I was too happy then to think of it.

Thanks for your reply

See my previous post for the interview experience.

Wen Ben said:
Deal all:

He took our passports and stamped them. He asked us to expect the cards by mail in 2 weeks to 2 months.

Hi, guestusa,

I think when you sent the I-485 application package, the photos have already been handed in. One of my friend got interview recently and he mentioned the officer never asked for the photos although he prepared two for that. So I think they just don't need that.

Wen Ben,

Thanks for this information. I will remember to take the receipt with me for the interview. Now I am kind of anxious to hear something from FBI. I called them 3 days ago and people said it usually took them 2 weeks to return your calls. Hope the name check has been cleard.

NJJ

Newark proccessing time

Can anyone take a guess what Newark is up to? The processing date has regressed from Dec 2003 to April 2003???
fams

Thanks, NJJ

Thanks NJJ for your info.
The photos with the I485 application pakage are old version ( 2yrs ago), and only the new ones ( face-front ) could be accepted after 09/01/04, could you tell me when your friend was interviewed. and was in Newark ?

NJJ said:
Hi, guestusa,

I think when you sent the I-485 application package, the photos have already been handed in. One of my friend got interview recently and he mentioned the officer never asked for the photos although he prepared two for that. So I think they just don't need that.

Hi, guestusa,

Yes, my friend got interviewed on Sept. 1 in Newark. And actually he did show the officer the photos they recently took, but the officer only take the photos for their 6-year daughter since she changed a lot compare to the time they filed I-485 and let them keep the photos for themselves. So my guess is they just don't need that. However, I don't have much personal experience on that. Just for your reference.

NJJ

Thank a lot , NJJ

Thanks, NJJ, it is very helpful. Wish you good luck in your interview.

NJJ said:
Hi, guestusa,

Yes, my friend got interviewed on Sept. 1 in Newark. And actually he did show the officer the photos they recently took, but the officer only take the photos for their 6-year daughter since she changed a lot compare to the time they filed I-485 and let them keep the photos for themselves. So my guess is they just don't need that. However, I don't have much personal experience on that. Just for your reference.

NJJ

About the photos

Hi guestusa:

I had the photos with me and I mentioned that to the officer but the officer said he does not need them.

Guestusa, when did they say you will get your plastic cards? Do you know how long Newark is taking to send the cards? Has your status changed in the online status check system?

guestusa said:
Hi, Wen Ben.

Did the officer take 2 photos from you for the plastic GC ? In my case, the officer didnt ask for it, I think he should have taken the photos. I was too happy then to think of it.

Thanks for your reply

See my previous post for the interview experience.

Thanks Wen Ben for your info

I was told it will take 2wks to 2 months to receive the card. My online status doesnt change yet( still old case transfered info). How about your online status ? if you registered USCIS email service, you would get the email notifying the card ordered or mailed et al.

Wen Ben said:
Hi guestusa:

I had the photos with me and I mentioned that to the officer but the officer said he does not need them.

Guestusa, when did they say you will get your plastic cards? Do you know how long Newark is taking to send the cards? Has your status changed in the online status check system?

Thanks guestusa for the information.

I will register for the USCIS email service. My online status has not changed. It still shows the "case transferred..." info only. Once you get the email from USCIS or the cards, please do let me know. I will do the same.

guestusa said:
I was told it will take 2wks to 2 months to receive the card. My online status doesnt change yet( still old case transfered info). How about your online status ? if you registered USCIS email service, you would get the email notifying the card ordered or mailed et al.

transferred status will remain the same. one gets a welcomes notice with a new eac number which will be the one for the card. mostly, there is nothing like card ordered/mailed etc. just an approval notice email (if you register the new number) when they send the card.
hope this helps.

Thanks ag28 for your info

Thanks ag28, it does help.

ag28 said:
transferred status will remain the same. one gets a welcomes notice with a new eac number which will be the one for the card. mostly, there is nothing like card ordered/mailed etc. just an approval notice email (if you register the new number) when they send the card.
hope this helps.

Hi, All,
this wednesday, we (three of my whole family) went to Newark office. The appointment was 11:30am, but we wait for almost 5 hours in the waiting area. At the end, they approved our green card and stamped on our passport straight away. The waiting was quite long time, but results came out very good. I think most of the officers in Newark are very nice, and most of the people are approved. You can tell by their faces after the interview. We were there almost whole day, from 11:00am to 4:30 pm. We were the last. The questions were not difficult to answer, but everyone was different, depending on the individule situation. Just relax, most of us will be approved.
Good luck for every one.

Hi NJLADY,

Could you please let us know what questions they asked you and pls tell me your transfer date and interview letter rd date. Mine also transfer to NEWARK ON SPE14TH.

Passport Stamped

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My appointment was at 8:30am today and was there at 8am. Have to go through the security check at the lobby and went to the 13th floor. Theres a sign in the window that you can only present your letter of appointment 15 minutes before the time of your appointment. Went to the window at 8:15, submitted the letter and was told to have a sit and name will be called when ready. Got called at 10:30am (longest 2 hours), very nice lady took my fingerprint and signature, she said it was for the greencard. Then we went to her cubicle and did the swearing......She asked for my certificate of employment, latest W-2 and latest paystubs. She included it in my file on her desk. Then she asked for all my EADs then after that she said that shes going to stamp my passport which is good for one year and hopefully the card will be mailed within 2 months. Thats when I almost cried!!!!! One thing, she asked me for my pictures, she has one copy of my picture but she said she needed 2 but she said that I can just go downstairs and have it done so she can have it right away with my file. This all took less than 10 minutes. I was with my employer but she didnt say anything as the interviewer didnt ask her any questions, she thought before that she was my lawyer but I told her that shes my employer. The lady said that employers doesnt usually go with the applicant in the interview and thanked my employer for coming along.

Thank you for the help this forum been given me, to the people who gave me advice and reassure, I still cant belive it!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to the rest, i really wish you all good luck, I know the feeling of waiting for something that I really want.

NJJ....hang in there, your turn is next...good luck and thanks for your support.

mjr_jcnj :D ;) :D :)

Hi NJLADY, mjr_jcnj
Congrats and enjoy it!

our cases was transferred to Newark on July 8th and we have not heard anything from Newark yet, we live in Monmouth county, so we may get interviewed in Cherry Hill. I have been following this forum for a while and glad to see people getting what they been waiting for, I hope our turn is soon.

good luck to all

Hi, mjr_jcnj,

Congratulations! I am so gald to hear the good news from you and I did pray for you today. Thanks God, it is so smooth. Enjoy your freedom and you can have a wonderful weekend now.

NJJ

Hi,MAMADHU,

I live in Monmouth county too and I just got an interview notice from Cherry Hill which was scheduled on Oct. 13. So yours should be there soon.

Good Luck

NJJ

HI NJJ,

Thanks again for the support and prayers.....rest assured that you will be in my prayers too..........I wish you good luck on your interview.

Regards,

mjr_jcnj

NJJ said:
Hi, mjr_jcnj,

Congratulations! I am so gald to hear the good news from you and I did pray for you today. Thanks God, it is so smooth. Enjoy your freedom and you can have a wonderful weekend now.

NJJ