quxin was 6/6/03 Fri
fromhyd was 8/12/03 Tue
yuan2000 was 8/19/03 Tue
jimebiea was 8/29/03 Fri
gc-july-2000 is 9/26/03 Fri
amarsharma is 10/10/03 Fri
3yearsgc is 10/10/03 Fri
moh nov 2001 10/03/03 Fri

so out of 9, 6 is on Fri. looks like normal to me.

Been to interview? please help

What kind of question the officer asked during the interview?
Something like, "why do you want green card?"

GC_July_2001:

What are I-864 or I-134 ( Affidavit of support notarized.) ? Is the marry certificate enough for my spouse? Thank you very much!

I-864 or I-134

I-864 or I-134 is the affidavit of support form needed to prove that you will support your wife financially without becoming a liability on the Government.

Theoretically speaking, it is NOT needed for Employment based cases. BUT, local office interviewing officers ask for it.. And.. we cannot argue with the officers..

So, better to go prepared.

It is no big deal. Go to immihelp.com.

Look for printable forms and fill it up. Get it notarized.

Good luck..

I am getting Ready

Today I got my Medical Exam results... Its in a sealed envelope....
I will go to my lawyers office on Wed. to get all "other documents"....

So during the interview, do they ask the wife any questions or only the main applicant?... if anyone had an experiance or heard from someone please let us know..... the count down from 10 will start tomorrow..... Any one else interviewing on the October third?

check this out

looks like Baobao did not redo medic and passed interview. I donot know how to link his post here. But U can search by Baobao

Medical! Medical! Medical! Medical!

I talked to my lawyer and doctor both!
Lawyer says BCIS should honor the previously submitted medical report while filing I-485. but have a new medical just in case!

Can sombody answer better than that?

Doctor's office says he can provide me with the copy of my records, seems to me like a photocopy. will that work?

Also Is employment letter + paystub sufficient? or Do I need offer letter( which I do not have )

Pure Bad Luck..

I read this post now..

Look at the bad luck of this person...

That's why.. it is better to go prepared with every single piece of documentation that we can provide...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview and 2nd FP
Hi folks,

My I-485 files got transferred to Newark office in June 2003 and I had an interview in July 2003.
During the interview, the officer requested a new medical and 2nd FP, so I finished them a few days after the interview. It's been more than 2 months since I submitted the new medical, but I haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure how long it takes to get FBI clearance these days.

Is there anyone in a similar situation? And is it normal to wait 2-3 months before I could get the approval notice?
Please share your experience. Thanks.

EB3

ND - 01/23/02
FP - 05/17/02
RFE 7/11/03 (w2 & employment verification)
RFE reply received on 07/24/03
primary case approved on 8/11/03
But my wife case transferred to Newark office on 08/11/03
Interview letter received on 09/9/03
Interview date is 10/03/03

The interview letter said to bring passport, I-94, and medicals.Also the letter said to bring the following.

Affidavit of support
all original document which support the application

i have a question about Affidavit of support form. I know this document is not required for employment based applications.
But i wanted to take this form also(just in case). How to get this form notarized? Could someone please tell me the
procedure to get this form notarized?

amarsharma
If your's is future based GC then you need employment letter from current employer and also offer letter from future company. For me they asked offer letter from sponsoring company
during interview. Regarding medical my lawyer said same as your lawyer but I did my medical again and the immigration officer asked and looked into it.
If you want to take a chance you can go interview without
medical and if they insist for it, you can submit it afterwards but you would be looking for a delay of couple of months. If you don't want to take that risk I would suggest to redo medical. It's a loss of $500. Good luck.

why cant we stand up to the officer?

Everybody wants to be on the safe side regarding redoing medic. Then what is the use of that medic memo? Why everybody bring a copy of medic memo? if asked for undated medic, just show the memo to the officer and politely explain why we are not supposed to redo memo. Another good reason for not redoing medic you can argue is many guys donot redo medic and pass the interview. Why should some people need medic and other donot? We need to stand up to those officers. Donot be afraid of them. We asian people need to be a little more aggresive when we have good reasons. We already suffer enough.
of course if someone's first medic report has sth that need to be taken care of, it is really a good idea to have a new report. But for those people with clear medica reports, Why do we have to waste money and energy and time to redo what we are not supposed to do?

Do you have an idea why current emloyment letter is needed for future GC interview ? Future employment has nothing to do with current employment if sponsor and current employer are different companies ?

Hi, guys,

Did fingerprint yesterday. Checked with FBI and they said the result had been sent back to INS yesterday. I also asked where they sent the result to and they said to Vermont. I am really confused now because I had an interview in Newark and the fingerprint suppose go to Newark.

Anybody checked the fingerprint info with FBI??? Is it the normal procedure go to service center instead of Newark??? Please input.

Dear Fromhyd, would you please check with FBI(304-625-5590), see if they sent your fingerprints results to Vermont at the first place. Thanks.

just a guess. Every info should be in a network which both VSC and Newark can access. SO my guess is that it makse no difference where FBI sent your result to.

hi, Nj1999, I donot remember u posted ur interview experience here. Would you pls do that? espeically, did you redo ur medic or you were asked about this in your interview? thanks

hI, gcneedhelp,

My interview was only about a couple of minutes. Interview letter did ask for med., but the officer didn't require the report. The officer only asked for employment letter. Although there is memo regarding med. report from INS (med. should be valid until 485 finished), but it is always safe to have one with you.