Newark local office transfer: tracker

Fromhyd

Registered Users (C)
My case was transferred on June 13th. Anyone knows how long will it take to receive letter from local office for interview???

Are there any recent tranfers to Newark local office??

RD: 11/28/01
ND: 12/14/01
RFE:5/12/03
RFE recvd: 5/29/03
transferred:6/13/03

Hi Fromhyd

Sorry for the late respone. Since you are in Middlesex you should be ok. Newark usually schedules interviews within a month or so after it is transferred.

The reason I asked about the county is because some counties fall under Cherry Hill office. If you were living under their jurisdiction you would be looking for about one year of wait. Unfortunately I live under Cherry Hill office's jurisdiction, my case was transferred in Nov last year and I still haven't heard anything about my interview yet.

Good Luck.

mycase18
Thanks for your information. It's close to 1 month and I still didn't receive any letter from newark local office. Good luck to you too. I hope you will hear from your local office soooon.

re: transfer to newark

my case was also transfered to Newark in the second week
of June. Waiting for interview letter.

Anybody else in the same state ?

RD Dec01

Yes, they gave me a 2nd fingerprints appointment letter during interview in June. They asked me only for employment letter and new medical examination records.
eb3
RD 11/2001
ND 10/12/2001
FP 02/2002
No RFE.
Transfer to local office 04/07/2003, interview 05/19/2003,
2nd FP 05/30/2003.
No response after that yet.

kosulin
Thanks for your reply. You did your medical again??
INS asked me to bring I-94, passport and Medical. Should I redo my medical again? My interview is scheduled for Aug 12th. I have copy of all the shots which I took. Which local office you went to?
My finger prints were expired on July12th.

The medical was in my notification list. So I did it and brought to the interview.
You should redo this, too, if you current medical expired. Just take your vaccination list to a doctor's office to not repeating all the vacinations again.
Also if you are eb2 or eb3 I'd recommend also to get the employment letter to an interview. It was not on my list, but I was asked during interview.

Newark is fast. So you can expect interview letter in 4 to 5 weeks.
Can you post your details like RD, any RFE's, Finger Print dates whether its EB-1 or EB-2 so on............

Thanks for responding. Here are my details
EB3-IND-NY.
RD:feb02
ND:mar02
FP:may02
2ndEAD:Apr03
No RFE's

I was expecting interview as this a very interesting case files based on future employment.

I will put more details after the interview...

does somerset belong to Newark?

My NIW case and my wife's was transferred. I live in Newark. Will we be interviewed in Newark?
thanks
NIW

if you are in Newark then it should, but if you want to find wich county comer under newark and which under cherry hill then chaeck the BCIS site for Local Office. I has the detail

CIA check??

My Case:

RD: 06/02/01
ND: 07/05/01
FP: 02/12/02

Tranfer to local office 04/16/03 to Newark. and got interview on 06/06/03. But still waiting for the CIA check and no 2th fingerprint.

Is there anyone has the same situation? Hong long it takes?

I never heard that( CIA check?) before. But can you share your experience at newark office?

fromhyd-- did you get your inerview yet?

CIA check?

I also have the same question. What is CIA check? I knwo FBI checks fingleprints. Can someone clear this? IS CIA check for everyone? I notice some people got stamped right after interview. Some wait for long time for background check (CIA check?).
Thanks in advance

CIA=background check

Well, I think CIA check is background check. I got the interview in Newark 6/6/03. No questions, just bring the documents they asked. That is it!

It has been 2 months since my interview. Does someone know hong long it takes? Also why I got the background check? Is that related to my travel outside US?

CIA check

Xin, would CIA check be only for people from black list countries? from your username, I guess you are from China. If my speculation above is right, it must be related to your travel aboard in your case. good luck
NIW