Newark Interview notice

Rajiv S. Khanna

HOST, Immigration.Com
Staff member
485ND0921, you were right in predicting that I will get my interview call before the end of May. My user ID is Samku. My case details are as follows.
RD 7/5,ND 8/20, FP 12/21, Resumed on 1/17/02. AVM changed to "On April 17th your case is tfrd to Newark office. Received the trf notice couple of days back. And to my surprise today I recd the interview notice from the Newark INS office. Its scheduled on 5/20. All they have asked me to bring is my passport and the interview letter. Same for my wife also. Will keep you all posted. Hang in all local tfr guys, things are moving fast.

Thats really great!

I am very happy to hear this because even my case got transferred to Newark office on 04/24.
Can you please tell me whether you have changed address in between?
ALL THE BEST FOR THE INTERVIEW and keep us posted the interview details man!

Thanks for the info.

Cool. From your interview notification letter it appears that tranfers are like \'un\'lucky random draws and they just want to see your faces before stamping your passports. Good luck.

No Title

My wifes case has also been transferred to Newark office on 04/24..keep me posted if yu get any notification. Does the paper work come directly to the beneficiary or does it go to the attorney, who then sends it to the beneficiary

thanks in advance, ALL THE BEST TO EVERYBODY APPEARING FOR INTERVIEWS

good news...man.....

I got an RFE on my case.......I just replied to it.....

just prepare all your documents man........and wait for the big day....

I am sure you will enjoy your freedom on 5/20......just do a yahoo! dance once you come out of the office.....

take care....and good luck.....

Thanks everyone for your moral support.....

I am not sure why my case could have been tfrd. Its a straitforward case. Nothing changed since I started at my current job in 1999. Only reason for the tfr I can think of is probably my I-94, which expired in Oct\'01 since my H1 was valid only till that date. And since I got my EAD and AP in Aug, I didn\'t bother to extend my H1 visa. My attorney told me its not neccessary to extend H1 if I prefer to work on EAD. Anyway, I will inform you guys the reason/s when I find out myself. Thanks for your good wishes.

Q. Who receive the transfer notice and the interview notice?

Dear Operations:

You or your lawyer or both of you? Sorry I forgot to ask... Thanks a lot... EW

Both attorney and beneficiary receive the tfr and the interview notice.

Though sometimes the beneficiary may not get the tfr notice. Interview notice defenitely goes to both.

Any Updates?

Hi everyone in this discussion,
Any updates about the transfer cases? I got my notice of transfer and yet to recieve the Interview notice.
Is anything specified in your transfer notice? Because, nothing is mentioned in mine except "Priliminary processing completed. Case transfered......". What about you all who got transferred?
Also, do we have to take our lawyer with us during interview? Is it necessary? Please update.