Newark Citizenship Experience !

sai-2367

Registered Users (C)
6 A.M Woke up in the morning and went for a long run, to clear my head. Felt lot better afterwards

7 A.M Read the answers to the questions once more, lest I forget.

11:30 A.M Prayed to god, to ensure success :D

11:55 A.M Took the path train to Newark Penn Station and walked to the Office. It took 15 minutes and cleared my head more.

12:40 P.M Entered the building and went to the 15th floor. The appointment was at 2 p.m but the guard did not check.

Went to Window 1 and gave my form. I was hoping to be called soon, but had to wait in line till 2:45 p.m

A nice lady called me to her office and had me take the oath. She asked me if I still worked for the same company. I said yes. She quickly went over the form and when it came to my travel (have several travels over 2 months), she asked me if I could provide her with tax transcripts. I had taken 5 years of tax papers with me, that I handed to her. She asked me if she could keep that to save the trip to the copier room. I readily agreed, stating that it was for her. She asked 6 questions and asked me to write ' The president lives in the White House'. After that she congratulated me, and we shook hands. It took about 6 minutes.
Once outside, I had to wait for another 45 minutes to sign the certificate. Once everyone signed, we were asked to go to the oath room and take the oath.
5:15 p.m I was an American Citizen who was hungry as hell, since there was nothing available and I did not want to step outside for the fear of missing being called :)

Please let me know if anyone needs more info !!

Good Luck to All and especially thanks to Bobsmyth and others who tirelessly try to answer all questions patiently . We owe them big ! God bless them !

Last edited by a moderator:
6 A.M Woke up in the morning and went for a long run, to clear my head. Felt lot better afterwards

7 A.M Read the answers to the questions once more, lest I forget.

11:30 A.M Prayed to god, to ensure success :D

11:55 A.M Took the path train to Newark Penn Station and walked to the Office. It took 15 minutes and cleared my head.

12:40 P.M Entered the building and went to the 15th floor. The appointment was at 2 p.m but the guard did not check.

Went to Window 1 and gave my form. I was hoping to be called soon, but had to wait in line till 2:45 p.m

A nice lady called me to her office and had me take the oath. She asked me if I still worked for the same company. I said yes. She quickly went over the form and when it came to my travel (have several travels over 2 months), she asked me if I could provide her with tax transcripts. I had taken 5 years of tax papers with me, that I handed to her. She asked me if she could keep that to save the trip to the copier room. I readily agreed, stating that it was for her. She asked 6 questions and asked me to write ' The president lives in the White House'. After that she congratulated me, and we shook hands. It took about 6 minutes.
Once outside, I had to wait for another 45 minutes to sign the certificate. Once everyone signed, we were asked to go to the oath room and take the oath.
5:15 p.m I was an American Citizen who was hungry as hell, since there was nothing available and I did not want to step outside for the fear of missing being called :)

Please let me know if anyone needs more info !!

Good Luck to All and especially thanks to BobbySmith and others who tirelessly try to answer all questions patiently . We owe them big ! God bless them !

Heartiest Congrats...

Congrats!

I have a question regarding tax transcripts. I applied for the same and could not get 2004 tax tanscripts as they only provide the last 3 years + current year. Wondering what year trancripts you carried for the interview? last 4 years including the current (2009) is enough, if I have interview in mid 2009? I do have my 1040 copies, but I beleive they are not accepted?

Congrats! :D

I really don't understand why people without any convictions or other complication are dreading the process so much... :confused

I wish I was in your shoes... :(

Congrats!

I have a question regarding tax transcripts. I applied for the same and could not get 2004 tax tanscripts as they only provide the last 3 years + current year. Wondering what year trancripts you carried for the interview? last 4 years including the current (2009) is enough, if I have interview in mid 2009? I do have my 1040 copies, but I beleive they are not accepted?

I had last 5 years of transcripts (2003 to 2007). The DO did not ask me for 5 years, but since i had it, I gave it. In fact her question was "Do you have any transcripts or so, that i can look at "

Tax Transcripts

Where do we get Tax Transcripts?

I do paper filing and I keep a copy of the forms that I send to IRS/State with me.

Please advise

thanks