New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
new NY approval

Have you guys seen the below post? It's from the Philly thread

Good news for New Yorkers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like things are moving in Phily for the NY people. My petition has just been approved. MY PD was November 30, 2001. The case was approved on October 21, my lawyer received the letter this morning.
45 day letter was received and replied to in March. Hope you guys get yours soon!
Good luck to all.

RC

I could not find any record for RC , do you guys know when did he get the 45 letters, did his case move to regional or not .....
zgubi said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do This Now! Now Now!

11/14/2005: Breath-Taking House Voting Schedules and Need for Contact with the Members of the House within Today and Tomorrow

The House is scheduled to adjourn after the some voting activities between tomorrow evening and Friday evening, November 18, 2005 for the Thanksgiving break. Currently, no voting activities are scheduled on the House floor until and after the first week of December 2005, once the House misses to vote for H.R. 4241 before the Thanksgiving! Besides, there is no roll call scheduled for any bills or resolutions today and the earliest voting is not expected until tomorrow evening. Accordingly, today and tomorrow are the critical dates for the businesses, schools, and immigration supporters to contact en masse the members of the House so that this bill is passed within this week. The House is under political pressure to act on the deficit reduction bill (H.R. 4241). Please act now!!

Please do this immediately. PLEASE!! PLEASE!!!
EVERYONE CAN HELP. NOW IS THE TIME!!!
If the House passes this bill it will be an end to our problems.
We can apply for 485 even if priority date is not current and get the EAD after 6 months.
Please realise this and write to those concerned from the following link!!!
http://www3.capwiz.com/c-span/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=4241&congress=109

Dont wait until tomorrow. Do this NOW!! There is NO TIME!

LaborPains said:
11/10/2005: Voice Your Support for S.1932 NOW!

It is your finger tips away. Send your message to your Congressional delegate in your district. Just type in your Zip Code and write your message and click!

http://www3.capwiz.com/c-span/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=4241&congress=109

Please! Everyone can help with this. Write to your congressional delegate.

ahalem said:
I could not find any record for RC , do you guys know when did he get the 45 letters, did his case move to regional or not .....

In my post, he said that he received it in March 2005. I couldn't find him either in the BEC tracker file

zgubi said:

Looks like things are moving in Phily for the NY people. My petition has just been approved. MY PD was November 30, 2001. The case was approved on October 21, my lawyer received the letter this morning.
45 day letter was received and replied to in March. Hope you guys get yours soon!
Good luck to all.

RC

This is most likely a state case. Regional cases from NY were not transferred to BPC in March. It is more in line with other cases from NY SWA that received 45-day letter in March.

The user: RC10580 - has now been added to the tracker.

4th Anniversary

Well as my friend ahalem said, indeed my 4th anniversary has come and gone.

During this 4 years, DOL has managed to send me one e-mail with my PD that I got using 7th year extension.

No 45-day letter yet.

I also asked my attornies to check the status of my case last month. They actually responded to their e-mail saying they had my case.

Pretty sure I won't make my fifth anniversary. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt (this is a sarcastic comment - in case it wasn't clear).

Hang in there everyone.

4th Anniversary club...

For once, I was proven wrong by the BEC...

When I received my 45d letter Oct 7th, I forecasted a potential approval for Apr 2006. Well, yesterday, my lawyer called me with the good news.. My LC was approved on Oct 26th and was received Nov 14th at her office. My guess is that if you're a 2001 case and you receive your 45d letter, your case will be processed almost immediately (as a reminder, my PD is Oct 2001 and my case never made it to Regional).

My lawyer told me that she'd file my I140 and wait a little for the I485 since the cut-off date is still Mar-01. I'd appreciate any comments on what's involved in the next stage and I wish you all good luck with your cases.

See you soon in I140/485 boards.

Justwatching,

Your patience amazes me. Hang in there.
It is just a matter of time.

I will be joining the 4 year club (reluctantly) early next year.
Btw. Thanks for maintaining the Tracker

JustWatching said:
Well as my friend ahalem said, indeed my 4th anniversary has come and gone.

During this 4 years, DOL has managed to send me one e-mail with my PD that I got using 7th year extension.

No 45-day letter yet.

I also asked my attornies to check the status of my case last month. They actually responded to their e-mail saying they had my case.

Pretty sure I won't make my fifth anniversary. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt (this is a sarcastic comment - in case it wasn't clear).

Hang in there everyone.

This is great news, i am very happy for you and best luck on the I140 / 485 road.

Rajel said:

When I received my 45d letter Oct 7th, I forecasted a potential approval for Apr 2006. Well, yesterday, my lawyer called me with the good news.. My LC was approved on Oct 26th and was received Nov 14th at her office. My guess is that if you're a 2001 case and you receive your 45d letter, your case will be processed almost immediately (as a reminder, my PD is Oct 2001 and my case never made it to Regional).

My lawyer told me that she'd file my I140 and wait a little for the I485 since the cut-off date is still Mar-01. I'd appreciate any comments on what's involved in the next stage and I wish you all good luck with your cases.

Congrats!

Your approval gives hope to all of us. Good luck!

Rajel said:

Rajel said:

Congrats. I think PBEC is following some sort of FIFO. I have replied to the 45 day letter on Aug 19. Still no reply from PBEC about my case. My PD is Dec 10 2001. Probably PBEC is working on oct/nov 2001 and has not reached dec 2001 as yet.

For Justwatching

Justwatching,
I think my Labor Petition is in the same box as yours, as I have also not yet received any updates from Backlog center except the T-number which my lawyer needed to file for 7th year extension. After that I have no information. My hopes are on you the day you update the forum with the information that either your case is approved or you have received 45-day letter I will start worrying.

Thanks and please do keep us posted.

LC_DEC
PD 12/14/2001
NY RIR

45-day Letter Received

Received 45-day letter dated Nov 10, 2005. Lawyer will respond soon. My details are as follows. I apologize for not keeping up, but can somebody explain what exactlythe cut-off date for 485 business is. What exactly does a cut-off date of Mar-01 mean?

PD: Mar 29, 2002
Applied From: NY
Category: RIR
Never made it to regional (of course)
45-day letter received: Nov 10, 2005.

Rajel said:

Good for you,, my y pd is oct2001,, my 45 day letter received in march 2005 and replied and still no approval yet, but it looks like oct/nov 2001 cases are moving.. Lets see,, but are u in eb2 or eb3 ? as for as I know the cut of date as of now is 99 Jan , did it change ?

45 Day Letter

My lawyer let me know that he received my 45 day letter on 11/15. Whoo-hoo!! My filing date was Oct 3rd 2001.

Re: 45-day letter

ok, got it. It's back to basics, but sometimes they are important to confirm.

"When a cut-off date is imposed, an immigrant visa is available only for those with a priority date on or before the cut-off date for that preference category and country of origin."

I believe the current cut-off date is Jan 1999 for EB3 Indians

subbs27 said:
Hi Just watching

Whats your take on the bill that has just been introduced and which if passed, could be a light at the end of this tunnel? Your knowledge in these matters is unsurpassed amongst us. Can you explain the nuances of this bill to us in layman terms? One of my concerns is that PERM beneficiaries may be able to file for I-485 ahead of us traditionalists - Is that a valid concern?

thanks

Apologies for the late response. Here is my take on all of this.

While this has several implications for all of us depending on PD, country of origin, etc. I think the biggest impact this bill has is this:

This is esentially the freedom of employment act - certainly for all future GC applicants and for a good number of us waiting

Why?

Well, assume you are dumping your current employer -

- You file PERM - 3-6 months (including preparation)
- File for I-140/I-485 (regardless of retrogression - that is what the bill does, allows you to file)
- USCIS has already commited to process applications in less than 6 months - which means at least your I-14o will get approved in a timely manner.

- So even if your I-485 can not be approved due to retrogression, you can get EAD (and forget about H-1 visa)

So then you can take advantage of AC21 - and after about 9 months (PERM + I-140) you can now jump ship whenever you feel like it.

To answer your question - YES - PERM people would be able to file before you, however they would not get approved before you. The million dollar question is: Does USCIS process cases in order of receipt and then shelves cases pending for retrogression or do they skip retrogressed cases? I have no idea - I get a sense in the past they have done it both ways.

lcwaitforever said:
I have been a silent reader of this forum for the last 3 years now. I am in my 7th year and will shortly be applying for the 8th year extension.

I sent an email to H1B7YR to check the status of my LC, I got a response the next day. The thing that is confusing to me is that my case was applied as RIR, but the processing type in the screen shot that came back for PBEC says TR.

Should I be worried? or will the processing type change when the data entry is complete?

My case is T-05123-*****, and I have not rec. the 45 day letter.

Thanks.
PD: NY 8/2002

There is a chance it will get fixed once they complete data entry. Good or bad? Who knows, depends on how PBPC processes Traditional and RIR queues.

LC approved

My wife just got an email from the atterney that her LC has been approved.

Details:
PD: 11/21/2001
State: NY
45 day letter received and replied: Late October
Approved: Today

People with priority date 2001 and received 45 day letter will all get the LC approval very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.