New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
dev10 said:
Thanks. I have asked couple of people to send the request(both are eligible for 7th yr ext.). One with the PD of Dec 01 and the other of somewhere in 2002.

I'll keep you posted.
Nothing exciting. Both got "Incomplete" status with a T#.

Isn't the Manilaa website about visas - like E visas... where as we are looking for EB categories, unless I am missing something completely.

Don't be fooled, the Manila info is a joke by a hacker

How could such a simple, rudimentary joke fool so many people? it is funny and sad.\

Now focus the big issue, get the FIFO rule restored by faxing, and lettering to the Phily Backlog center. 13 business days left in Sept for them to finish up data entry. Now how many of New Yorkers filed in year 2001 have not received 45 day letter? Please report here, I am gathering data to write a letter to the New York congressmen.

Hello Just Watching and others,

Quick two questions , you valuable answers are appreciated :
- do you think GOD_BLESS_YOU approval was a random case or would you think we will see more approval this and next month?
- Since My H1B visa expired, How Long it takes to file and get the AP approval after filing the I-485.

richshi said:
How could such a simple, rudimentary joke fool so many people? it is funny and sad.\

Now focus the big issue, get the FIFO rule restored by faxing, and lettering to the Phily Backlog center. 13 business days left in Sept for them to finish up data entry. Now how many of New Yorkers filed in year 2001 have not received 45 day letter? Please report here, I am gathering data to write a letter to the New York congressmen.

I would sure like to think the Manila info is not authentic. But do you have any evidence that this is not authentic ?

ahalem said:
Hello Just Watching and others,

Quick two questions , you valuable answers are appreciated :
- do you think GOD_BLESS_YOU approval was a random case or would you think we will see more approval this and next month?
- Since My H1B visa expired, How Long it takes to file and get the AP approval after filing the I-485.

with this new cut off dates
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2631.html
it seems we all may file I-485 at one time in FUTURE!!

Now a silly question.

How many years can H1-B get extended after 6 years? I'm worrying if I need to get back to my home country if we need to wait another 3-4 years. Can anybody tell me? Tks

What happens if Labor gets approved, I140 gets approved and still cant file 485?

What happens if Labor gets approved, I140 gets approved and still cant file 485? especially I am in 7th year extension should need to leave the country or do i get to stay still I can file for 485?

Is there anyone in this forum beyond April 2001 waiting for Labor?Just wondering why the visa dates are dated back to 98/99?

Can our usual soul saviors in the forum can do a quick pros and cons of this new visa retrogress development?

GC_enroute said:
What happens if Labor gets approved, I140 gets approved and still cant file 485? especially I am in 7th year extension should need to leave the country or do i get to stay still I can file for 485?

Is there anyone in this forum beyond April 2001 waiting for Labor?Just wondering why the visa dates are dated back to 98/99?

Can our usual soul saviors in the forum can do a quick pros and cons of this new visa retrogress development?
once I140 approved and your priority date is not current to file I485
you can file for 3 years extension of h1 instead of doing year by year..

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
once I140 approved and your priority date is not current to file I485
you can file for 3 years extension of h1 instead of doing year by year..

So if we got the I-140 approved :
- would ACT21 apply to us? Wait for 6 months and then changes worker ?
- Could we get EAD for spouses to work, other wise my wife would kill me :)
- Can we get AP for travel?

ahalem said:
So if we got the I-140 approved :
- would ACT21 apply to us? Wait for 6 months and then changes worker ?
----No
- Could we get EAD for spouses to work, other wise my wife would kill me :)
----No. get ready for :cool:
- Can we get AP for travel?
----No

You are eligible for all above when you are eligible to file I-485.

Retrogression Thoughts

Hi all,

I did some research on how they pick the dates for retrogression. The law actually gives the State Department discretion on how to select these dates. This means that they could in fact check what DOL has in terms of PDs or what USCIS has in terms of pending cases.

BEGIN SPECULATION SECTION

I have a feeling that the dates have been set based on the oldest cases in the queue, however I do believe that cases prior to April 2001 are few. I would expect the dates to move upto these dates in the next three months.

The State Department although publishes monthly bulletins do their allocations by quarters so I wouldn't expect (although possible) to see the dates move until the January '06 bulletin.

By April '06 I think another 35,000 visa numbers should be allocated. I think that will cover demand for 2001 cases. So by the summer of next year 2001 people that are currently in retrogression are likely to be able to submit I-485.

END SPECULATION SECTION

Ahalem - You mentioned your H1 has expired. Is your I-94 still valid. Make sure it is, you can do H1 extensions for as many years as necessary.

Just like you, JW, my prediction has been proved

way too optimistic, wrong again and again. But I certainly wish your prediction is right this time on the I485 visa availabilty.

JustWatching said:
Hi all,

I did some research on how they pick the dates for retrogression. The law actually gives the State Department discretion on how to select these dates. This means that they could in fact check what DOL has in terms of PDs or what USCIS has in terms of pending cases.

I have a feeling that the dates have been set based on the oldest cases in the queue, however I do believe that cases prior to April 2001 are few. I would expect the dates to move upto these dates in the next three months.

The State Department although publishes monthly bulletins do their allocations by quarters so I wouldn't expect (although possible) to see the dates move until the January '06 bulletin.

By April '06 I think another 35,000 visa numbers should be allocated. I think that will cover demand for 2001 cases. So by the summer of next year 2001 people that are currently in retrogression are likely to be able to submit I-485.

END SPECULATION SECTION

Ahalem - You mentioned your H1 has expired. Is your I-94 still valid. Make sure it is, you can do H1 extensions for as many years as necessary.

Hi Just Watching,

Thanks tons for the warning, my H1B visa stamp expired but I have valid I-94 and valid H1B I-797 ( 7 years Ext.), so its fine for now.

JustWatching said:
Hi all,

END SPECULATION SECTION

Hi Guys,

Here are few points might help too:

- We did not get our LC yet so its little bit early to worry about that, these numbers might change in the next 3 to 6 months.
- I don't believe that there are many cases before 1998 or 2000, so I think DOS is playing it really safe, please review Murthy article below ( last 2 sections).
- I am sure AILA and other big companies like Microsoft will have pressures on the administration to release more visas by Jan 2006.

Let look to the good side of it: That might be sarcastic, but isn't sad day for DALLAS folks more then us on PHILI :) , I am just kidding:)

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_091305.html

7th year extension

just got an email confirmation for seventh year extension. It seems that they have extended by two years. Anyone else had a similar typo...

Status
Not open for further replies.