New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All:
Have a question:
If a person is on 7th year H1 and filed LC with employer-A, can he change his job and his H1 to employer-B who will also file a fresh LC through PERM.
All suggestions are welcome.
Thank You.

AD-NY02 said:
Hi All:
Have a question:
If a person is on 7th year H1 and filed LC with employer-A, can he change his job and his H1 to employer-B who will also file a fresh LC through PERM.
All suggestions are welcome.
Thank You.
Yes. As far as LC from employerA is pending; employerB should be able to xfer H1.

justdoit said:
Yes. As far as LC from employerA is pending; employerB should be able to xfer H1.
7th year H1B extension is given based on the fact that a Labor application is pending. I think a visa transfer in this situation might be risky. Even if you get approved, for how long do you think the new work permit will be valid ?

DOL official website processing date updated

NY SESA still in October 2001! Theoretically, those who filed in November 2001 should have had their cases moved to BECs, any news on that?

I have news!

I called the NY SWA today.

This is what I was told:

1) Cases for the first couple weeks (there was not a strict cutoff date) of October 2001 were kept at NY SWA and processed there and were sent (or being sent) to NY Regional.

2) Cases beyond that date have been / are being sent to the BECs. They began shipping cases in December 2004. They have sent approximately 160 boxes of cases up to now and continue to send cases to Philadelphia BEC.

Ahalem - I asked about November 2001 cases and the person I talked to said he was pretty sure that those cases had definitely been sent to the Philadelphia BEC.

The next step is to try to find out when they will begin to enter our cases at Philadelphia BEC.

Just watching, did he give any estimate of processing times in the BEC? Does anybody know if the BECs will take care of the Regional Processing too? If not, we're still stuck with an additional 7-8 months in Regional processing time (so far).

msubbu said:
Just watching, did he give any estimate of processing times in the BEC? Does anybody know if the BECs will take care of the Regional Processing too? If not, we're still stuck with an additional 7-8 months in Regional processing time (so far).

I didn't ask about BEC processing times. I doubt he would know. As far as I know NY Regional will not transfer cases to BECs.

BEC is probably going to spend next few months in data entry and create a national database of all pending labor applications.

ItsTough said:
Which number did you call on ?

> called the NY SWA today

There shld be some dates for BEC also like there is on the http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp website

I am hearing that cases are going to BEC since so long... They shld have reached BEC and BEC shld have started process hopefully...

This information was first hand from NY SWA so specific to our situation. As I said December 2004 is when started.

Thanks tons for all these information , I really appricate all your effords .

JustWatching said:
I called the NY SWA today.

This is what I was told:

1) Cases for the first couple weeks (there was not a strict cutoff date) of October 2001 were kept at NY SWA and processed there and were sent (or being sent) to NY Regional.

2) Cases beyond that date have been / are being sent to the BECs. They began shipping cases in December 2004. They have sent approximately 160 boxes of cases up to now and continue to send cases to Philadelphia BEC.

Ahalem - I asked about November 2001 cases and the person I talked to said he was pretty sure that those cases had definitely been sent to the Philadelphia BEC.

The next step is to try to find out when they will begin to enter our cases at Philadelphia BEC.

I think we should start tracking the letters sent by BEC soon :) , another tracking queue, hopefully they are going to send these letter in waves and not wait for the entire database to be created.

JustWatching said:
This information was first hand from NY SWA so specific to our situation. As I said December 2004 is when started.

ahalem said:
I think we should start tracking the letters sent by BEC soon :) , another tracking queue, hopefully they are going to send these letter in waves and not wait for the entire database to be created.

I am trying to figure out how to best approach BEC so that they will give us information. I have their number and fax but I don't think that if I call them they will give me any information because I am sure tons of people are calling them right now.

NY SESA still sucking Oct

The DOL website got updated today and our best friends at NY SESA still sucking October's ***K.

looks like this websit will get updated in 2006 given the fact NY SESA is competing with "Earthworms" and "snails" in speed/efficiency.

May God bless their souls !!

Thanks for the update Justwatching,
fyi, my PD is Oct 21st 2001 and I haven't heard anything from NY/BEC. I suppose my file was sent to Philly's BEC and will update you if I get the 45d letter.

Now back to my bitterness :rolleyes:

sankat_mochan said:
The DOL website got updated today and our best friends at NY SESA still sucking October's ***K.

looks like this websit will get updated in 2006 given the fact NY SESA is competing with "Earthworms" and "snails" in speed/efficiency.

May God bless their souls !!

Uhm...based on the information we now have NY SWA is never going to move beyond October 2001. These are the only cases they have left to process along with open older cases (e.g. requests for more information/clarifications)

Filers after 10/31/01 don't bother with NY SESA

anymore. It is a relief. Now we have a national standard in terms of efficiency (this word was not taught to Elaine Chao at Harvard) and accountability. If BECs should stick to FIFO, Justwatching, Ahalem and etc will be better off having their cases moved to BEC. Why, because nationwide there are hundred of thousands people after you guys who will urge the BEC to go quicker. In order to finish everything up in 2 years, they should start actual processing of backlog no later than April 2005.

good luck.

Hi Richshi ,

where did you get the april 2005 date from ?

richshi said:
anymore. It is a relief. Now we have a national standard in terms of efficiency (this word was not taught to Elaine Chao at Harvard) and accountability. If BECs should stick to FIFO, Justwatching, Ahalem and etc will be better off having their cases moved to BEC. Why, because nationwide there are hundred of thousands people after you guys who will urge the BEC to go quicker. In order to finish everything up in 2 years, they should start actual processing of backlog no later than April 2005.

good luck.

April 2005 is calculated estimate

12/31/04 supposed to be the deadline for transferring cases filed prior to 1/1/2003, 3/31/05 is deadline for the remaining cases. 1st batch 45 day letters have reached and been replied, now they are being put into system. 45 day letter in the 2nd batch, hopefully will include NY backlog, shall be sent out in mid-Feb, adding 45 days, you get April 2005. Also, it will be embarrassing for the BECs if they can not even start processing case when the PERM filers (including me :D ?) get their approved in May 2005.

Of course, Ahalem, in stead of just getting 2nd hand information here, the best is to contact the NY SESA, BECs, etc to figure things out for yourself.

good luck!

Is it 01/01/2002 or 01/01/2003

We have 2 different dates floating around as a deadline for SESA to send cases to BEC by 12/31/2004.

I have read I beleive @murthy.com at one point that all un-opened applications upto 1/1/2003 should be submitted by 12/31/2004.

In "God_Bless_You"s previos post he mentions that applications upto 1/1/2002 should be submitted by 12/31/2004.

Would anyone be able to explain which date is correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.