New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
QWE123 said:
I called my lawyer, what she told me is that currently there is no activity in processing the LD, everything is going to the backlog center and there is no estimate when the backlog center starts working.

plus, there will be quota for green card application for people from Chiina, India and some other Asian countries. the cut off date is 1/1/02, if you file after that date, even your LD get approved, you still have to wait another year to wait for the quota.

miserable. my case was filed 1/19/02.

anyone can cast more lights on how the Quota works?

Quotas are usually revised on a quarterly basis. There is only a backlog on applications from people whose country of origin (ie where they were born regardless of citizenship) is China, India and the Philippines for EB-3. If you happen to fall in that category I would suspect that by April 2005, priority dates will have moved enough to make you eligible to apply for I-485.

H1 Extension ?

Howlong is the regular H1 extension taking nowadays, any idea guys ?
Mine was applied on nov,8 04.

-LoveNY

3 months

LoveNY said:

-LoveNY

It took about 3 months for my collegue. I applied H1 extension premium processing in Nov and got it approved in Dec.

Re: H1 extension

My husband's 7th year extension was applied on Nov-2-04 (regular processing- not premium) and we got approval on Dec-27-04.
So, yours should be on the way..

LoveNY said:

-LoveNY

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys.

AD-NY02 said:
My husband's 7th year extension was applied on Nov-2-04 (regular processing- not premium) and we got approval on Dec-27-04.
So, yours should be on the way..

laaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzyyyyyy

These guys at ny sesa dont work. Either they should start working on our cases or send them to BEC. Others have started getting the 45 day letter from BEC but what about Newyork. So where is the FIFO logic based on labor receive date? newyork has the most backlog and oldest cases ......

New york -- New york

das_go said:
These guys at ny sesa dont work. Either they should start working on our cases or send them to BEC. Others have started getting the 45 day letter from BEC but what about Newyork. So where is the FIFO logic based on labor receive date? newyork has the most backlog and oldest cases ......
NEW York..............New.....Y....O...R....K.....

GOD BLESS US

Some more infor on 45-day letters

12-17-04 Status Calls to the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center: The Department of Labor's Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center requests that AILA members refrain from contacting the Center for general status updates. They have been receiving so many inquiries that they are unable to sort through those status calls, much less return them while keeping up with the processing of cases. It has also become difficult for the Center to address emergency cases in the huge numbers of calls that they have been receiving. The Center emphasizes that emergency cases, such as 7th year cases, should continue to be brought to their attention by call or letter. In the near future, the Center will be shutting down its regional status lines.

The Center advises that, within the next 30 days, filing attorneys and employers will begin receiving a 45 day "continuation and corrections" letter asking whether they want to continue with a specified labor certification application. In order to avoid the case being closed out as abandoned, the attorney and/or employer must reply within the 45 day period to confirm intent to continue with the case. Original 45 day letters will be sent to attorneys of record and copies will go to petitioning employers. The forms 750A&B will be sent with the 45 day letter if obvious corrections are needed, e.g., addresses that don't match on the forms 750A & B. Note that these corrections requests are not Notices of Findings. The Center has approximately 35,000 applications to be sent out, and the 45-day letters will be issued in batches over the next month. As applications are returned to the Center, they will be processed in a first in, first out schedule. Processing times will continue to be posted on their website.

AD-NY02 said:
12-17-04 Status Calls to the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center: The Department of Labor's Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center requests that AILA members refrain from contacting the Center for general status updates. They have been receiving so many inquiries that they are unable to sort through those status calls, much less return them while keeping up with the processing of cases. It has also become difficult for the Center to address emergency cases in the huge numbers of calls that they have been receiving. The Center emphasizes that emergency cases, such as 7th year cases, should continue to be brought to their attention by call or letter. In the near future, the Center will be shutting down its regional status lines.

The Center advises that, within the next 30 days, filing attorneys and employers will begin receiving a 45 day "continuation and corrections" letter asking whether they want to continue with a specified labor certification application. In order to avoid the case being closed out as abandoned, the attorney and/or employer must reply within the 45 day period to confirm intent to continue with the case. Original 45 day letters will be sent to attorneys of record and copies will go to petitioning employers. The forms 750A&B will be sent with the 45 day letter if obvious corrections are needed, e.g., addresses that don't match on the forms 750A & B. Note that these corrections requests are not Notices of Findings. The Center has approximately 35,000 applications to be sent out, and the 45-day letters will be issued in batches over the next month. As applications are returned to the Center, they will be processed in a first in, first out schedule. Processing times will continue to be posted on their website.

Does this mean more wait time and chances of letters being lost in the mail and responses not happening ? This is just going to create more chaos :mad:

dreamer_ny said:
AD-NY02: Any idea of what the breakdown (by state) of these 35,000 applications is?

That is a mid-December notice. At that point Philadelphia BRC only had cases from San Francisco DOL and Philadelphia DOL. Since then SWAs have been asked to send their cases so that number is outdated.

NJ Driving Licence Expiry.

Does any one has idea how do we get the NJ-Driving licence extended when H1 is going to be expire in 6 months and driving licence in 5 months. Labor is in pending since Nov'01 (in NY...i guess no need to mention :rolleyes: ).

Please give me any info that you have/you know the place where i can get.

Just go to any DMV office with your passport and H1 I-797 (and other docs ,see DMV site) 1 month before your licence expires they will renew your licence till a date 3 months from the expiry of your H1 in your case till Sep. Good Luck

Thanks. My 6 Yrs of H1 is going to be expired by the end of June'05 and Licence end of May'05. Since my labor is pending for more than 365 days (since Nov'01), Is there a way to extend it for a year atleast ?

gandrakota said:
Thanks. My 6 Yrs of H1 is going to be expired by the end of June'05 and Licence end of May'05. Since my labor is pending for more than 365 days (since Nov'01), Is there a way to extend it for a year atleast ?

I assume you are going to apply for your H1 extension, right? Once you get your H1 extension then that's what you take with you to renew your driver's license.

DMV goes by what your visa and I-94 say so to answer your question about your LC pending for more than 1 year - they aren't going to care about that because in fact you could have a labor certification pending but living abroad.

The DMV does not even ask for your H1 or Passport .Just go and submit application for your License renewal .At lease this is the case with California .I got my driver's license renewed upto 2008 .My H1 is only up to Jan 06

In NJ they are particular and want to see your passport and H1 if you do not have a US passport or green card... (Post 911 changes in NJ)

Things are worse than thought of - NY Labor

PD Oct 2002 RIR EB3

My attorney just called me and told me in response to my query that the 45 day letters have only been sent for those that have been reviewed already by SESA and subject to adjudication by Regional. So anyone expecting letters for PD 2002 or later thru January 1, 2003, it probably ain't gonna happen any time soon. My attorney told me that this will happen in March 2005.

This wasn't what the DOL had ordered the SWAs if my memory serves me right. It was to ship out all cases that were no opened with Priority dates uptill January 1, 2003, and the deadline was December 31, 2004.

So I am not sure whats going on? Is it just total lack of discipline on part of the SWAs or the BEC? If Philadelphia SWA cases PD are 2004, how can they be getting letters from the Philly BEC before NY labor if they are following the National FIFO rule???

Iam freakin... pissed off.

someone was mentioning that, when we get a notification from DMV-NJ about the Driving Licence is going to expire on so and so date, we can log into the DMV website (provided in the notification stmt) to renew by paying the fee through the Credit card and get it extended. The only issue here is the new card issued will not have the photo. So we have to carry the old one for photo id purpose and second/new/renewed one as a valid DL.

Not sure if it is true but Need to check with somone who actually did that.

That has been discontinued ...Everyone has to go to the DMV to renew licence...I got mine done 3 months back....i was in a similar situation

Status
Not open for further replies.