New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows what SWA will do????
I tend to sgree with Just Watching, that considering that the responsibility is going away they will not open any more cases....But it all depends...We just have to track which applications are reaching the BECs.....

Will the NPCs help ?

New labor applications (from Jan 05) will be sent to two National Processing Centers.

As far as I understand, whoever files for labor on Jan 1st will be processed immediately, while people who filed in 2001 will still be waiting in the Backlog Elimination Centers.

Am I correct here ?

mike1000 said:
Guys,

Good news.
My RIR was filed with NY SESA on October 12, 2001.
My lawyer called me today saying that it has been approved.
We can move on to the I-140 and I-485 stage.

mike1000

congrats. Do pay us a visit every once in a while. It will help us tremendously if your lawyer could tell you as to when was your case moved to regional.

Next time I see him I will ask if he knows the exact dates.

Our paralegal is saying that she was getting NOF for october(2001) cases in june/july. So she is assuming that my case was moved to the regional office in june/july. Now they are getting NOF for December/January cases.

I hope this info helps.

mike1000 said:

Our paralegal is saying that she was getting NOF for october(2001) cases in june/july. So she is assuming that my case was moved to the regional office in june/july. Now they are getting NOF for December/January cases.

I hope this info helps.

Wow ! That's first news of December / January cases being started. Thanks for sharing it with us.

:D

mike1000 said:

I hope this info helps.

Thats really strange. My lawyer has got no approvals for oct cases. He says only sept cases are being processed. Anyways, if that paralegal is true, this is indeed good news.

mike1000 said:

I hope this info helps.

By the way, are you IT or non-IT?

Mike1000, did you check the AVM system before, did you find your case on that system before or the lawyer notification was the first to hear ?

mike1000 said:

I hope this info helps.

how will labor certs be processed at the state level !?

hi, sorry I'm trying to catch up with the news about the NPC ...

if I understand it correctly, the NPC's are being created to replace the regional centers, therefore the state agencies will still be in place ... am I right ?! if that's the case, someone filing for labor cert in NY will still face the huge backlog at the state level until it finally gets to the NPC ... is this the right understanding !?

tks !

Captain Sparrow said:
New labor applications (from Jan 05) will be sent to two National Processing Centers.

As far as I understand, whoever files for labor on Jan 1st will be processed immediately, while people who filed in 2001 will still be waiting in the Backlog Elimination Centers.

Am I correct here ?

Any news about any approvals for Nov Or Dec cases Please post even if this is not from this forum.

Best Regards

kohls said:
Wow ! That's first news of December / January cases being started. Thanks for sharing it with us.

:D

I second that wow !!! :D

I never thought I would be hearing DEC/JAN in this year !!! Lets hope that this is true !!

Well thinking about it .... it could be true for Non-IT cases ! :(

I just checked the AVM ......... and its down

Last edited by a moderator:
Data Entry!!

JustWatching said:
- Yes, it is a ONE step process. Case will be fully processed at the BEC without being sent elsewhere.

- Will January 2002/February 2002 cases get screwed? Probably not. Did a little more research and Indiana (1 person only processing both RIR and non_RIR cases) and DC, Arkansas seem to have very low volume so they will probably fly through cases in those states and reach NY October 2001 in 6 months or less - which is what it would take today to get through the entire process.

- The open question is whether they will really stick to processing by PD or not. This will determine if we need to wait for Philly and Dallas Regions (although the memo makes no mention of either region) or San Francisco region to be processed. I would LIKE to guess that this will not be the case.

-gcby2020 - My thoughts on your analysis are the following:

-- Oldest months have less cases than more recent months e.g. All states have September 2004 cases pending vs. just a few states have April 2001 cases pending. i.e. faster processing of older states.

-- The BECs are split into teams - one team data enters, one team does RIR, one team does non-RIR and one team works cases with complex issues. I would assume that cases wil be entered in the first few months (e.g. maybe between now and March 2005 - hence the transition schedule). After that there would no longer be a need for the data entry team. Also there is a learning curve for staff. So I would venture to say that the first 6 months will yield significant less volume than the latter months.

-- We also don't know what the distribution of staff is within each of those teams. e.g. they could overstaff the non-RIR to catch them up or not. They could overstaff data entry then transfer them to the processing teams - this should not be as much of an impact because I would assume they would balance data entry with processing speeds as much as possible.

Mike1000,
Congrats Man! Wish you all the best.

Justwatching,
I disagree with you on data entry coz When I applied for my 7th year, it looks like they have sent a screenshot of my file as a proof for 7th year extension. Also by common sense, it is impossible to manage this huge system only by paper trail. So if they are using different type of database then all they have to do so export, adjust the field mapping and import it back.

Thanks
EastWest

Guys, I have been waiting for all the 2001 and atleast some of 2002 applications to be cleared to put my information in the tracker. I guess it's time to put even 2003 filings into tracker as more and more people are getting approvals and also process is getting streamlined and ofcourse it is always good to join while the best analysts are still around. so here is my info

PD Jan 2003 from NY - IT Programmer Analyst, could someone please add it to the tracker, thanks.

Lastly, Hats Off to all those sharing the information.

-LoveNY

eastwest said:
Mike1000,
Congrats Man! Wish you all the best.

Justwatching,
I disagree with you on data entry coz When I applied for my 7th year, it looks like they have sent a screenshot of my file as a proof for 7th year extension. Also by common sense, it is impossible to manage this huge system only by paper trail. So if they are using different type of database then all they have to do so export, adjust the field mapping and import it back.

Thanks
EastWest

EastWest - Your statement is a logical one...unfortunately there is no evidence of this. In your case they could just enter the app so they can provide evidence of 7th year extension.

This is an excerpt of the procedure manual for the backlog centers:

"After the application folders are received from the states at the Centralized Process Group (CPG), they need to be unpackaged, sorted and filed by state and alphabetically by employer. When this is accomplished, the application processing begins with the initial entry of data from the application into CAPS. Concurrently with the data entry, the applications are screened for completeness, and each application is scanned into CAPS."

My case was non-IT. The occupation is mechanical engineer.
I have never checked AVM.

Good luck to the rest of you! It is been a long wait for everyone.

mike1000 said:
My case was non-IT. The occupation is mechanical engineer.
I have never checked AVM.

Good luck to the rest of you! It is been a long wait for everyone.

So the theory is correct ..... Non-IT cases get processed well before IT cases ........ which means IT cases don't get too excited ! :eek:

Suhel said:
So the theory is correct ..... Non-IT cases get processed well before IT cases ........ which means IT cases don't get too excited ! :eek:
I asked my lawyer and they told me that Regional NY DOL is processing cases from May 2004 and SESA is still processing from beginning of Oct (as per their phone conversation with those guys). Also, as they have reduced the ppl in state processing now, so it might be more slow.

At least, it means they are processing Oct not September as per the phone update.

Status
Not open for further replies.