New York Regional DOL Tracker

As I posted my details in previous threads, 3 cases were received by NY DOL on Oct 14 2004, including mine. Two were certified on Dec 28 2004. But mine is still pending with the DOL.

My 2 colleagues, whose cases got approved, applied their I-140s on Feb 24 2005 which got approved on Feb 28 05 and today they received their approval notices....

Amazing...unbelievable.

Thought I wanted to share this with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
indgc123, would you please provide your colleague's detail? I mean their background, the job position, etc. How can they be so lucky while we are still have to wait, wait, wait...

If possible, would you please call 2184 to ask the reason?

indgc123 said:
As I posted my details in previous threads, 3 cases were received by NY DOL on Oct 14 2004, including mine. Two were certified on Dec 28 2004. But mine is still pending with the DOL.

My 2 colleagues, whose cases got approved, applied their I-140s on Feb 24 2005 which got approved on Feb 28 05 and today they received their approval notices....

Amazing...unbelievable.

Thought I wanted to share this with you.

Ya! Even My labor still pending with NJ state.
I know one freind Applied I-140 recently got in just 5 days!!!
Very fast........, I hope we will catch this fast train.

DavidChen said:
I called NY regional DOL this morning and they said that my case(received by NY in Oct) would stay in NY office instead of sending to backlog center. He also said that they were processing cases in Jun and my case should wait for about 3 month. :-(

I got the same answer today. The problem is, I got the same answer "June, wait 3 months" when I called them in December :mad: Looks like we stay on the same place, no any movement at all :mad:
I saw, the lucky guys from NJ have been certified.
Does anybody heard that somebody from NY has been certified from January till now?

NY DOL processing timeline related question

Guys:

I just got a letter from NY DOL indicating my case NY DOL case number. My case was transferred from NJ SESA late Jan 05. I have not been able to call their system as yet. Does this mean they have entered in their system. Does anyone know, how long does it taken them to make a verdict on my case.

Would appreciate an answer to this, if any one of you guys know.

Thank You
Regards

mike0214 said:
I got the same answer today. The problem is, I got the same answer "June, wait 3 months" when I called them in December :mad: Looks like we stay on the same place, no any movement at all :mad:
I saw, the lucky guys from NJ have been certified.
Does anybody heard that somebody from NY has been certified from January till now?

I am from NJ. Case recd in NYDOL july 15th & still in the recd state. Not so lucky :mad:

Sh_Ad said:
I am from NJ. Case recd in NYDOL july 15th & still in the recd state. Not so lucky :mad:

I guess we guys are in similar state...we guys should keep in touch for sure.

take care..hang in there...that's the best we can hope. just hope our labor goes thru before the eb2 retrogression happens.....otherwise it will suck big time!

Call 212 337 2193

LaborIsPainful said:
Call 212 337 2193.
Use employer phone number to find the status. (Select option 1 and then option 2)
Your case may not be in their system yet, as its taking about couple of months for them to enter it.

I have been trying the above mentioned number 212 337 2193 since 4 - 5 days but it keeps ringing with no answer. Wondering if that number still works ?

:(

I filled from NJ in March of 2002, and was transferred to NY DOL Sept 8 2004. No news from anywhere...I even don't know if it is in NY DOL computer system. More than 3 years...this whole process, to say the least, is very frustrating. First filed it though the previous company in 1999, that company went belly up. Then again in 2001…and now this…

I know all the people visiting this section of the forum are in the same boat, and whining is not my personality, but one task (1st out of 3) has gone way overboard.

Update on my case

my LC was filed from NJ in feb 2002, my case move to NY DOL some where in Auguest and entered in system on oct12, obviously it still shows in received status.

my cases no is 02-511-xxxx and in EB3 RIR.

i just talk to 212-337-2184, lucky to get someone this time, he told me they are processing cases of june so i have to wait another 3 or 4 months.

one news good or bad i dont know but he told me that my case is not going to move to Backlog center.

waiting...... waiting..... waiting.... waiting.........

Saga continues...

Here is the details from my Saga..

As noted before on this message board...my case according to NJ SWA was transfered to NY DOL Sept 8th 2004

What's new is...I got the information, that it was received by NY DOL Nov.19, 2004 by having my lawyer talk to NY DOL rep. Note that it is still NOT in NY DOL computer system. And was told by this rep. to my lawyer that the case will not be moving to BEC, and currently they are processing applications received in July 2004.

Same here...waiting..waiting..waiting...

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, So it looks like I do need some help to understand the terminology you are using. well, my LC was filed from NY state on August 2001 (RIR, EB3), case moved to NY DOL sometimes after july 2004, The AVM shows that the case was received on Sept 8th 2004, is that mean that it has been entered to their system on Sept 8th 2004, or there is another date I have to look for :eek: .

thanks everyone and hope the best of luck to all of us.

same boat

Same here... NY DOL received my case on Aug 27.

I have found that many cases received on Aug 10th, 16th and 17th have been cleared.

Still SMMDelhi was told that they are processing July.
Nishant was told that they are processing June cases.

Let's just hope that we see some results.
-SVD

LC-Sickness said:
.. case moved to NY DOL sometimes after july 2004, The AVM shows that the case was received on Sept 8th 2004, is that mean that it has been entered to their system on Sept 8th 2004, or there is another date I have to look for :eek: .

It means that transfer from State to Regional takes 2 months. Same thing happened with my case either.

Any activity at the NY DOL or all these guys at the NY DOL on spring break!
No news at all in the past couple of weeks on any approvals..

Please add/update your details to BEC tracker

Hi all,

If your name is not in BEC tracker yet or if you have any additional update, please post your(/updated) info in the following thread. http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=161571

This will give you and all others in the forum a better idea of how things are going. Just_watching is taking the trouble of updating the tracker almost everyday. So please help to maintain and update the tracker with your current information.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone ,

I have a good news to share .I called to Ny Dol and came to know that My labour got aproved on march 3rd 2005 .I don't know my case no. yet .My attorny never told me about approval .My PD is 7th may 2002.

NJ03MAY2002 said:
Hi Everyone ,

I have a good news to share .I called to Ny Dol and came to know that My labour got aproved on march 3rd 2005 .I don't know my case no. yet .My attorny never told me about approval .My PD is 7th may 2002.

This is great news ! Do you know, when your case got transferred to NY DOL from NJ SESA. Also, could you please share with us, if your case is EB2 or EB3

My case was transferred Late Jan 05, however, I filed wiht NJ SESA RIR Feb 02.

NJ03MAY2002 said:
Hi Everyone ,

Congratulations ! wish all the success for the next steps.
could you please let us know when your LC got to NY DOL and wich category is your LC (EB2 or EB3)..