New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

Is your name check cleared? I heard FBI name check can cause delays like this. Is your name a common name?

No I don't have a common name, there are not many people in the US who share the same name with me. When I called the 800# weeks ago, I was told that there is no problem with my case and everything is fine, but quite frankly the wait is getting a bit longer, may be it just is just a question of luck sometimes that you get called for an interview earlier than others.

WOW, my status just changed to Testing and interview finally.

Wow. May be info pass made them to open your file. Now the wait for actual interview. Has been 3 days since my status changed and have not received any letter yet. If I do not receive by end of the week that probably is an indication of how over all process is back logged in and around NYC.

Last edited by a moderator:
my status just changed to Testing and Interview also. i heard that new york is way behind the national average processing times. we'll see what happens

12/31/2010 N-400 sent
01/31/2011 fingerprints done
05/10/2011 online status changed to testing and interview

Was given the oath info over the phone by USCIS customer service level 2: June 13 8:30am in Central Islip. But was told the letter has not been sent out yet.

My wife received her interview letter yesterday, so 50% good news so far. But the interview letter is asking for any evidence related to SSA registration, well she never registered for it as she was more than 25 when she got her GC. What do we do now, ignore or we have to get some documentation to prove it was not required?

My wife received her interview letter yesterday, so 50% good news so far. But the interview letter is asking for any evidence related to SSA registration, well she never registered for it as she was more than 25 when she got her GC. What do we do now, ignore or we have to get some documentation to prove it was not required?

Do you mean Selective Service System (SSS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) ?

If its Social Security, try calling the 800 # and find out what is all about, if its Selective Service, you are probably reading the generic letter they sent to everyone regarding the interview instructions and what to bring. This particular item does not apply to female applicants.