New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

My citizenship interview is coming up, and I have a question related to N-400 question 20 under Good Character: "Have you ever received a suspended sentence, placed on probation, or been paroled." I have never been involved with the police, but some years ago I was given immigration parole at the border. Does this kind of parole count under this category?

I had answered no to this question when I filled out the form, thinking it referred to police matters. If the answer should be yes I am concerned tht I may have filled this out incorrectly. What should I do?

AFAIK, immigration parole is quite different from the parole from prison they are referring to in the application. I'd have answered it the same way as you and not worried about it.

Received letter from Ombudsman Office today (4/10) that they will open an inquiry with USCIS and I should have a response within 45 days.
I filed the form with the ombudsman about a month ago.

I am new member. pl pardon my ignorance.
a. what is 4yr + 1 day rule
The 4 years +1 day rule is intended for those who have remained continuously outside the US for 1 year with a reenrty permit by crediting them the last 364 days of that time outside country towards continuous residency requirement.
b. why someone is sending to missouri instead of lewsville, tx

Missouri in where the National Benefits Center (NBC) is located. It serves as a centralized facility for all immigration files. Files are sent to the NBC from the service centers where they are sent in by the the applicant (in your example Texas) for initial processing.

I have GOOD NEWS today :)
Received the oath letter today, dated 4/13
My oath is 9am on 5/8 at 500 Pearl.
It's almost over.

Fingerprint notice

Hi all, I am new the board and have found a couple of you have dates quite similar to mine. I am now a bit nervous because I haven't received my fingerprint notice whereas most of you got it almost right away. Is there anything I can do about that?

I've called 1-800 # and checked my status online, and it stated that they sent out my I-797 on March 28.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

--------------------------------

03/17/09: N-400 Application Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox
03/23/09: Priority Date
03/31/09: Check cashed
04/04/09: NOA Received (I-797C)
?: Fingerprint notce

Just explain to IO at interview the circumstances..you'll be fine.

Thank you Bobsmyth and Thankful for answering my question I feel a big sign of relief now. I also contacted USCIS yesterday and I spoke to a 2 level officer to see if they have send me an interview letter, the officer informed me I should receive one within the next 3 weeks. Based on prior experiences with USCIS that is more like 10 weeks lol. By the way, does anyone who live in the New York City area and filed their N400 in the second week of February receive their interview letter yet? I see a lot of people in ATL, Newark, and other districts that have the same priority date as me already receive their interview letters. Should I be worry or just be patient?

Thank you Bobsmyth and Thankful for answering my question I feel a big sign of relief now. I also contacted USCIS yesterday and I spoke to a 2 level officer to see if they have send me an interview letter, the officer informed me I should receive one within the next 3 weeks. Based on prior experiences with USCIS that is more like 10 weeks lol. By the way, does anyone who live in the New York City area and filed their N400 in the second week of February receive their interview letter yet? I see a lot of people in ATL, Newark, and other districts that have the same priority date as me already receive their interview letters. Should I be worry or just be patient?

my spouse's prioty date is 02/17/2009. she has not yet received her interview letter. we are hoping that she would receive it in the first week of May.

Garden City Interview Experience

I just received my Interview letter today in mail dated 06/16/09. Is the Oath the same day at Garden city or do we have to wait additional months to get the oath letter. Any experiences at this office would be helpful. I live in the City and not sure why they have scheduled the interview in Long Island.
Thanks

I just received my Interview letter today in mail dated 06/16/09. Is the Oath the same day at Garden city or do we have to wait additional months to get the oath letter. Any experiences at this office would be helpful. I live in the City and not sure why they have scheduled the interview in Long Island.
Thanks

What do you mean by "city"? Manhattan or boroughs?
From what I saw most of Manhattan and BX got Federal Plaza while others got Garden City? But it is not a rule. For example, I got my AOS interview in Garden City even though I live in Manhattan... :confused:

Thanks

Someone mentioned a few months ago that they started giving out oath letters on the same day as the interview at Garden City. I forget who though.

I do not think that has ever happened. At least in 18 months. The only exception to the rule was VORPAL, who got his oath letter same day for 2 weeks later and who took the oath in 9/09/08.

Someone mentioned a few months ago that they started giving out oath letters on the same day as the interview at Garden City. I forget who though.

I do not think that has ever happened. At least in 18 months. The only exception to the rule was VORPAL, who got his oath letter same day for 2 weeks later and who took the oath in 9/09/08.

Found it. It was mms1291 who mentioned they have started giving out oath letters same day at Garden City, but not to Manhattan residents. His/her post is on page 16 of this thread, dated February 6, 2009.

Hi,

I sent in my N400 on April 1st 2009 but I haven't receive any letters from the INS. I am getting a bit worried because the check was cashed on April 13th. Do you think the INS will hold the application back until my official 3years on May 19th??? I hope not!

Any good ideas on how to get to Garden City? My interview is at 7:30 am and looks like there are LIRR trains getting into Hempstead at 7:31 am (too late) or 6:17 am (too early). Any car service you can recommend that won't cost $100+? (I live in Queens.)

Lud fingerprint

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF YOU GET LUD(LAST UPDATED) ON YOUR ONLINE STATUS AFTER YOUR FINGERPRINT IN Naturaliation cases.THANKS

Any good ideas on how to get to Garden City? My interview is at 7:30 am and looks like there are LIRR trains getting into Hempstead at 7:31 am (too late) or 6:17 am (too early). Any car service you can recommend that won't cost $100+? (I live in Queens.)

SH1996 Cheapest way is to take long island bus 22 or 22A from Jamaica Center and get off at Roosevelt Field Mall and the immigration center is right opposite the parking lot. Here is the schedule for N22 or N22A bus http://www.mta.info/libus/routes/n2222a/n2222Atimes.htm I am in the same situation as you and my interview is on 06/16/09 one week after yours. We should be in touch. If you can please send me an email to vyarlaga9@yahoo.com and we can be in touch.

SH1996 Cheapest way is to take long island bus 22 or 22A from Jamaica Center and get off at Roosevelt Field Mall and the immigration center is right opposite the parking lot. Here is the schedule for N22 or N22A bus http://www.mta.info/libus/routes/n2222a/n2222Atimes.htm I am in the same situation as you and my interview is on 06/16/09 one week after yours. We should be in touch. If you can please send me an email to vyarlaga9@yahoo.com and we can be in touch.

Thanks! Will post my interview experience in June.