New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

HELLO SOUTHSIDE,

i am in the process of completing the N-400 for my spouse and i just remembered that my spouse also had a silimar problem. she was also arrested. i am eager to know what to do before i finished completing this task. please let mr know. anybody with a similar experience please help

I was never arrested for that incident. Just received a ticket. However, I'm just going to say yes to Ques#15 and say no to Ques#16

mta ticket

I was never arrested for that incident. Just received a ticket. However, I'm just going to say yes to Ques#15 and say no to Ques#16

high southside,

thanks for the response. in actual fact, my spouse was not arrested, she was rather given a ticket of $60, which she paid. what do you think will be the consequences of saying yes to question 15?

high southside,

thanks for the response. in actual fact, my spouse was not arrested, she was rather given a ticket of $60, which she paid. what do you think will be the consequences of saying yes to question 15?

There should be no consequences as long as you report it and have proof of payment.

my status update

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER / NEW YORK - BROOKLYN
Sent N-400 09/15/2008
NOA 09/25/08
FP notice 10/17/08
FP Date 11/1/08 Done at CIS BROOKLYN
IL: 02/17/09
ID: 02/14/09 at USCIS at Garden City
OL: xx/xx/09
OD: xx/xx/09
PP: xx/xx/09 (applied)
PP: xx/xx/09 (received)

NYC N400 Timeline

I had my interview at Garden Plaza office on February 12th based on 3 years marriage to an American citizen. The interviewer was very serious. He showed no emotions at all. He was not interested in small talks either. He just wanted me to present my documents and follow the procedure. He didn't check any new pictures or ask anything about my wife other than if I am still married or not. After the tests were over, he wanted to see last three years' utility bills in our names, bank statements, credit cards, health insurance, and tax receipts. He asked me if I traveled outside the country and if there were any other updates to the N400 application. After all was presented he gave me a letter showing that I am approved.

08/26/2005 - Green card approval stamp on passport
06/06/2008 - N400 application sent( 3 years marriage to an American Citizen)
06/11/2008 - N400 application priority date
07/08/2008 - FP appt
12/22/2008 - Interview letter received
02/12/2009 - Interview date - passed
02/18/2009 - Oath letter received for 03/03

how should one handle this:
have GC for 10 yrs, married to USC for first 5 yrs but intermittently living in the US--spending majority of time outside US, divorced, now living fairly continuously for last 5 yrs. applying for USC on basis of 5yrs stay-- will they focus on just the last 5 yrs --in which case he has all the tax returns etc ...what kind of documents might be needed for the first 5 years??if any.

Done

I received my passport yesterday. I am done with USCIS. below is my signature. it took a little over 8 months.
Thank you all and good luck

There is something definately not right in your case, Rick; otherwise it shouldn't be taking so long to wrap up your case...let alone when your application is said to be approved. I'm not saying that there is a complication in your case; rather I'm saying that your file is lying under the dust...for sure; otherwise I know so many people who were asked to take oath within 2-3 months later of their interview...and they were not even told that they were approved. For example, one of the persons I know who was interviewed at Garden city office on December 4, 2008, received an oath letter two weeks ago for this coming Tuesday. She was never told that her application was approved because she had two criminal cases in the past. She was kept calling everyday to check the status of her application but always been told that her application was pending.

She was interviewed after you and she had more complicated than you do. I think you should keep calling the INS on their 800 line and ask them to issue a inquiry status email to local district office. Believe me, once they will send a inquiry status email, you will miracleously receive an oath letter within 10 days. Of course, many officers will refuse to send that inquiry status email and will give you all kind of run-arounds, but don't be disappointed nor argue with them; rather call back and speak to another officer. I'm sure you will find an officer who will send this email for you to local INS office.

In NYC, oath ceremony is conducted at least 3 times a week and each ceremony contains 150-300 people...so how is it possible for INS not to find a slot for you since November of last year when your application has already been approved?? It's just not possible. Don't take no for an anwer; rather keep on the top for your own cause.

Good luck...

My signature.- :D

My friend is going to take the oath on the same day and at the same place. I'll be there too on that special day of her life since she doesn't have any family in this country....

5 days later, she received the Oath Letter (N-445) for the oath ceremony at Brooklyn Federal Court (225 Cadman Plaza?) on February 24, 2009 (Tuesday)

There is something definately not right in your case, Rick; otherwise it shouldn't be taking so long to wrap up your case...let alone when your application is said to be approved. I'm not saying that there is a complication in your case; rather I'm saying that your file is lying under the dust...for sure; otherwise I know so many people who were asked to take oath within 2-3 months later of their interview...and they were not even told that they were approved. For example, one of the persons I know who was interviewed at Garden city office on December 4, 2008, received an oath letter two weeks ago for this coming Tuesday. She was never told that her application was approved because she had two criminal cases in the past. She was kept calling everyday to check the status of her application but always been told that her application was pending.

She was interviewed after you and she had more complicated than you do. I think you should keep calling the INS on their 800 line and ask them to issue a inquiry status email to local district office. Believe me, once they will send a inquiry status email, you will miracleously receive an oath letter within 10 days. Of course, many officers will refuse to send that inquiry status email and will give you all kind of run-arounds, but don't be disappointed nor argue with them; rather call back and speak to another officer. I'm sure you will find an officer who will send this email for you to local INS office.

In NYC, oath ceremony is conducted at least 3 times a week and each ceremony contains 150-300 people...so how is it possible for INS not to find a slot for you since November of last year when your application has already been approved?? It's just not possible. Don't take no for an anwer; rather keep on the top for your own cause.

Good luck...

Thank you, Johnny. I know everything will be fine and I will receive it anytime soon. I have received a letter asking me to wait for feedback from USCIS.

I also want to thank colorfulmike for asking.- :D

rick92 still no oath letter or date? I mailed in my passport application and got the passport in a week to find out they wrote me down as a male.. I had to send it to the passport agency located in manhatten, they corrected it and sent it back in 3 days total from the day i sent it. everyone i told this to were laughing..what an experience.

rick92 still no oath letter or date? I mailed in my passport application and got the passport in a week to find out they wrote me down as a male.. I had to send it to the passport agency located in manhatten, they corrected it and sent it back in 3 days total from the day i sent it. everyone i told this to were laughing..what an experience.

I am glad you got your passport corrected. Don't worry about the laughing.-

Listen, I have the feeling that the feedback will be positive and definitive. I just have to wait, observe, and persevere through patience.-

The old saying: Good things come to those who wait..... jejeje.... :D:D:D

I'm going to call an IO and request to open a service inquiry into my case today.

If you open a service inquiry it will give them a legal excuse to make you wait longer, at least 60 more days. As you are approaching your 120 days mark get ready to sue their @$$