USCIS Dallas/Lewisville

03/01/13: n400 sent
03/04/13: n400 delivered
03/07/13: FP noticed received
03/27/13: FP done
03/29/13: In line for interviewing scheduling
04/02/13: Interview scheduled status update
05/07/12: Interview scheduled date

I am handling my dad's N400 and his almost timeline matches yours except he has not gotten an official interview date. He was fingerprinted however in Port Chester, NY, but I assume his interview date might be in Federal Plaza just like you.

03/02/13: n400 sent
03/05/13: n400 delivered
03/11/13: FP noticed received
04/05/13: FP done
04/09/13: In line for interviewing scheduling

Last edited by a moderator:
here is my timeline for nyc

USCIS FIELDOFFICE -NYC
USCIS Dallas/Lewisville

03/01/13: n400 sent
03/04/13: n400 delivered
03/07/13: FP noticed received
03/27/13: FP done
03/29/13: In line for interviewing scheduling
04/02/13: Interview scheduled status update
05/07/12: Interview scheduled date

wow, you're really lucky :) i was thinking ny office is the most slowest one.

wow, you're really lucky :) i was thinking ny office is the most slowest one.

I am beginning to think handme was one of the last people they squeezed in for the May batch. I could be wrong, but it appears that way. New York's processing time is about 7 months while the national average is 5.5 months, so it is bit of a surprise.

My fieldoffice is brooklyn (where i did my finger prints)
My interview office is at 26 Federal Plaza

By the way, are applying based on individual residence or based on marriage to a U.S. citizen? Wonder if one of those made a difference in the speed.

Like I mentioned on another forum

It seems to me (or maybe that this is just a coincidence) that applicants who are young (under 25) their applications seem to be processed much faster than others. I say this because both my cousins who are between 21-25, had their applications processed in 3 months (both filed in brooklyn). Now it looks like mine will do the same (fingers crossed) and im under 25 as well.

Like I mentioned on another forum

It seems to me (or maybe that this is just a coincidence) that applicants who are young (under 25) their applications seem to be processed much faster than others. I say this because both my cousins who are between 21-25, had their applications processed in 3 months (both filed in brooklyn). Now it looks like mine will do the same (fingers crossed) and im under 25 as well.

That seems possible. I guess because those that are 25+ may have had more travel time and it may have slowed things down for them in the processing in order to verify where they have been, when they were there, and how long they were there.

That seems possible. I guess because those that are 25+ may have had more travel time and it may have slowed things down for them in the processing in order to verify where they have been, when they were there, and how long they were there.

That could be possible but I've traveled quite a bit myself. Been out of the country for 74 days (5 trips total) in the last 3 years.

I think I'm just one of the lucky ones :)

That could be possible but I've traveled quit a bit myself. Been out of the country for 74 days (5 trips total) in the last 3 years.

I think I'm just one of the lucky ones :)

That is slightly above average for your age, but you are not in your 60s so the comparison can't be made. :)

Either way, good luck, and let us know what happens.

i have a question guys,

i got my second FP appointment letter today, even though my biometrics have been already taken. The second letter is slightly different than the first one, like the appointment time, now it's 9am instead of 8am. and the title is "asc appointment notice" but the first one was "biometrics notification".

what should i do? should i go to the application center and ask to them or just call uscis?

i have a question guys,

i got my second FP appointment letter today, even though my biometrics have been already taken. The second letter is slightly different than the first one, like the appointment time, now it's 9am instead of 8am. and the title is "asc appointment notice" but the first one was "biometrics notification".

what should i do? should i go to the application center and ask to them or just call uscis?

I wouldn't go there unless you got time and the application center is near you. Try calling first. I am willing to be it is nothing because if the system online says you are on to the next stage then that is all that should matter. But a phone call might help if you can get through to someone.

1. It is a good sign if an IO has told you if your background and name check are done at that you are in queue for the interview. Try to get a date you were placed in queue if you can. However, be aware that the queuing "order" seems to be based on nothing and to signify nothing.

2. People who applied in the period you did, roughly between late July and early December 2007, are seeing very random timelines. I would say about half of us on this forum who fall into that period have ILs, and the other half not, and in no particular order of priority date.

3. People who applied from late December 2007 to present are generally seeing very fast timelines, sometimes as little as 90 days.

4. From the reports here, with one exception, ILs for NYC have arrived at the same time of month for the last several months: roughly between the 15th and the 23rd.

5. IL to Interview is about 2 months.

6. Interview could be in Garden City or Manhattan. There have been no reports yet of weekend or evening interviews in NYC.

7. There have been reports of several (possibly 22) new Adjudication Officers who recently started in NYC, to deal exclusively with the naturalization backlog. However, it is likely that they won't be done with Basic Training until late July.

8. Interview to oath is about 1-2 months. Some people are getting interview letters the day of the interview, but more are getting them in the mail.

9. Oath could be in Brooklyn or Manhattan, and recently there was a report of Middletown. I won't be surprised if the fed courts in Islip and White Plains also get involved.

10. Official timelines are utterly meaningless.

Well with two more days left, we will see if that theory stands. If USCIS doesn't update the status in their system by the end of Friday regarding IL sent, you might want to add another to the exception. Either way, pretty interesting. :eek:

03/02/13: n400 sent
03/05/13: n400 delivered
03/11/13: FP noticed received
04/05/13: FP done
04/09/13: In line for interviewing scheduling

So I just had my interview at federal plaza in NYC. Interview was at 11 got there around 1015. Took 15 mins for security got up stairs around 1030, and waited until 1105 till they called my name. The IO wasn't mean but neither was she friendly, I guess she just wanted to get it over with. When we got into the office she asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth. Then she asked for passport and green card. We went over the application and then she asked me to read "WHO CAN VOTE" and write "CITIZENS CAN VOTE"

She then asked me 7 questions because I got one wrong.

-Who vetoes bills?

-What is an amendment?

-Capital on NY?

-What is the supreme law of the land? (I got this wrong I said that everyone follows the law lol. And it was clearly "the constitution")

-Who did we fight in WW2?

-What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?

-Cant remember the last question

She then said shell recommend my application for approve and gave me a paper and told me to go to another room. The interview lasted about 15mins. Went to the room the made a copy of my green card and the paper and told me that's it. Probably got out if there around 1130.

@handme

congrats :)
on the other topics people mention about an oath letter,if you wish to wait, they would give you some letter. (maybe i'm confusing with something else)
did they tell you anything about it?

@handme

congrats :)
on the other topics people mention about an oath letter,if you wish to wait, they would give you some letter. (maybe i'm confusing with something else)
did they tell you anything about it?

thank you

and nope, after the guy made the copy of the paper the IO gave me and my greencard he told me to go home.

Just received a text about status being changed checked online and looks like im scheduled for oath ceromony.

"On May 8, 2013, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

Eagle53 and Handme, are you guys filing under 5 years rule? I applied in december and been on interview Q since Jan 24. I haven't heard anything. How it is possible you guys get your stuff done this quickly? I called and they just told me My case is being process....

Eagle53 and Handme, are you guys filing under 5 years rule? I applied in december and been on interview Q since Jan 24. I haven't heard anything. How it is possible you guys get your stuff done this quickly? I called and they just told me My case is being process....

Yep, 5 yr rule. By the looks of things my oath ceremony may be this month which would mean my app took merely 3 months.