New Visa requirement news from Britain.

To visit_03

The flight was from Newark, NJ non-stop to Dubai, UAE. Then to Chennai via Kualalumpur. It was a very long fly, but got a good deal in Malaysian Airlines, thru MakeMyTrip.com in the peak period of summer.

Regards
mdu123

I am in the same situation as you are and this is my experience.I am on AP and travelling to India on 20 october transiting through London airport 21 morning.
I called one of the British Consulates in US and asked them about the travel advisory.They said I need a Direct Airside trasit Visa(DATV) and since my travel date is very near she gave me a name of the person to be written on FedEx address slip and the same name to be written on Envolope in which the documents are kept.
I posted my FedEx on 15 evening and got my passport back with Visa stamped until the validity of AP this morning.

Documents required:
1) Passports.
2) Original AP copies.
3) Flight schedule.
4) Application can be downloaded online(Form VAF3)
5) One photograph.

Some Info:

So transit visa can be issued same day if one appears by person, will take five days by post.

Fees looks like $47.

Even beggars are much more decent than these a******* who want free money.

New York Visa Processing Office
If you are not sure whether you need an Entry Clearance Visa, Click Here to use our questionnaire.

The British Consulate General
845 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Telephone: (212) 745 0200

Personal Applications
The Consular/Visa Section accepts walk-in applications between 9am and 12pm EST Mon-Fri except on Public Holidays.

Passports and Visas will normally be available for pickup the same day.

Postal Applications
Postal applications are normally processed within 5 working days excluding mail time.

Please enclose a separate cheque for $16 to your visa application to cover the cost of shipping and handling charges. We do not accept pre-paid envelopes.

All applications are returned by Federal Express Overnight delivery.

Please note, payment should be in the form of a money order or a certified cheque (no personal cheques or cash will be accepted). Cheques should be made payable to The British Consulate General.

Entry Clearance Fees
If you are applying by mail please enclose a separate cheque for $16 to cover the cost of return postage.
Transit Visas:
Visitor in Transit Multiple Entry six months $63
Direct airside Transit 3 – 24 months $47

Sorry I forgot the fees - money order not personal checks of $47 for Visa and $16 mail back charges. Can be one money order worth $63.

Do you really need DATV for US-India travel or return

Is it required for Boston-London-Bombay travel
or for return journey. Note that one of the exemtion states that if you are guarenteed entry at your destination, U do not need visa.

--

Online UK visa

Once you enter all details just print form, This will accept payment from credit card so no need for money order.
and then send all details by Fedex along with printout from
http://www.britainusa.com/visas/visas.asp

I would expect as we have entered all details it should be fast.
Usually they says 5 days.
I have expire h1 and on AP I would travel in november so I have applied for visa yesterday online and send things to chicago

I will see how it goes and update when I get visa.
I was in this web and somewhere I read we can send AP or EAD for visa. So It is clear that if we are on AP we need visa,
If we have visa its no problem. But if we don't have it may create problem so another $63 + fedex to GCAccount.

URGENT HELP: Direct AIRTRANSIT VISA

Me and My wife travelled to Bangalore INDIA on AP on AUG 28th 2003, I came back to USA Via Paris using AP without hassles on SEPT 20th 2003. Now my wife is coming from Bangalore on Nov 2nd 2003, With a Valid INDIAN CITIZENSHIP PASSPORT, 3 Original AP COPIES, EAD CARD, I-485 COPIES.

1] Does she requires a DATV from Bangalore if she is travelling via LONDON?
2] If Yes to Question 1, Where is the UK consulate in Bangalore?
3] Any Contact Numbers in Bangalore for DATV Visa's Or Travel agent should be able to help.
4] PLease let me know ASAP, She has very short timeframe to get UK VISA.
5] Cost of DATV in Bangalore? etc etc

Thanks for your co-operation in advance.
KUMAR

UK visa application center in Bangalore -

Bangalore
304, Prestige Centre Point
7 Edward Road
Cunningham Road LVL
Bangalore 560052
Timings: 0800-1200, 1300-1500

There is one central public call center number which is
044-55850333 (Monday-Friday).
Cost of transit visa Rs 2150.

Go to http://www.ukinindia.org/visa/visa.asp

I called British Embassy in NewYork and enquired about AP, Passport with GC stamping, Plastic Cards (GC), US Visitor's Visa.
I talked to a guy named Neil and he was generous in replying to my questions. Here are his answers,

1) AP People do require transit visa.
2) To my surprise, he told me that you require transit visa, even if you have stamping for GC in your passport. Does anybody else also enquired about the same.
3) People having physical GC (cards) do not require transit visa.
4) People having valid US visa (even if that is Visitor's visa, like for the parents) do not require Transit Visa.

Regards,
feb12rd.

Re: URGENT HELP: Direct AIRTRANSIT VISA

san511mwa,

You mentioned that you came to USA from India via Paris (I think, by Air France) and you don't need a transit visa in Paris. Can you clarify that because I heard that one need a transit visa in Paris even if he/she is not going out of the airport in Paris. If our H1 stamping in the passport is expired and GC is in progress and we have valid AP, can we travel through Paris airport without Transit Visa. Is it the same when going from USA to India also.

Thanks very much for your response.
feb12RD.

Transit VISA at Paris

feb12rd,

My friend, I came through AIRINDIA via PARIS to NJ. We were not allowed to go out of FLIGHT at Paris, So being staying inside the FLIGHT, a group of Security Personnel from PARIS would be checking the Passports on FLIGHT (on Board).

If you are not going out of the FLIGHT with a valid AP, Passport. You are OK My friend.

Later
San511mwa

It is worth paying i guess . Becuse it is valid for 5 years

Another big question . I am candian PR holder, living in US and flying from US . I dont know i need the visa or not??

This is one way of earning money for UK govt!!!

Thanks

Question to ZZTop

Thanks my friend for your tips and website in INDIA for UK Immigration. check the URL Listed below.

My Question is: I believe Rs. 2150 is for only a list of Countries listed. But INDIA is not listed, Is that means that I need a Standard VISA instead of DATV.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Later
San511mwa
http://www.ukinindia.org/visa/visa.asp

san511mwa,

yes India is not on the list. But in the UK consulate site for USA, Indian nationals are required to apply for DATV.
So I think you (or your wife) will still need the DATV. You can apply for the standard visa but that will cost more. Apply for standard visa only if you plan to go out of the airport for shopping, sightseeing or visiting friends.
I guess its better to visit the UK visa center in Bangalore and clarify it there in person, if possible.

canus_immi, I think you will exempt from carrying the transit visa becoz of your Canadian resident card. Check out the UK High Commission website in the earlier posts in this thread.

Documents needed for DATV

I asked them and its OK to include two applications for me and my wife in one pack.

These r documents I am sending
1) PassPort ( original)
2) AP ( origonal)
3) photoes 2 each
4) Money order ( 47 +47 +16 = 110$).
5) Application form
6) Itinearary ( from my travel agent).

am I missing anything...
Thanks
BK.