New Visa requirement news from Britain.

feb12rd,

Why don't you look for other flights to India to won't require a transit visa ? Something other than British Airways via London, something like KLM via Amesterdam or Singapore Airlines.

Why blame BA, they are not making the rules, it is the SNOBS in the government who do that, India should also change its law, I heard that UK citizen don't have to get visit visa for India, let us change that rule then these snobs will learn.

But it's a dream as our ruling members are just busy creating religious fights, blockades etc, just something to save their asses for next term.

I think Amsterdam will soon make the same change as it too is a EURO zone.

Thanks very much zztop, dukhiman & forum123 for your inputs. I am also thinking that we can take other flights like KLM, Lufthansa or Swiss but the thing is who knows when their countries will impose new laws like that, so I am thinking its better to wait for the GC. It can come in a couple of weeks or it may take several months, who knows??. We have already completed 20 months but then there are others who are waiting longer than us. Only GOD can help us.
Thanks again for your responses,
feb12rd.

I called the British consulate. they said anyone without a proper US visa requires a transit visa. I guess this includes AP. She did not answer my question regarding AP.

May be we should try some other airlines like lufthansa or go via paris. Any idea about UAE

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/yestransit.asp

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/yestransit.asp

Clearly states that if you DO NOT possess a valid US visa, you need to apply for a UK Transit Visa...

This is applicable for

Valid US Immigration Status (Originals not copies) e.g. Permanent residence Card (issued before 21 April 1998), Advance parole document, Employment authorisation card etc.

Travel thru Germany, France

Travel thru Germany, France... Kindly check with respecitve embassy's...

My travel agent said that if there is NO VALID visa stamping in the passport, even if u have a valid H1/ L1/ EAD & AP, you will need a transit visa.

Travel via Holland does not require one as on date...

Not sure about Swiss...

List of countries

Can someone please post the list of countries through which we can travel with AP and EAD from their experience. This will help everyone.

Thanks.

List of countries

Please post the list of countries to travel with AP and EAD and WITHOUT TRANSIT VISA

Thanks.

I came back from India using AP by the end of Aug thru Malaysia and Dubai, UAE. I had no problems.

mdu123

Guys,

I have I-485 Pending. H1 expired. Travelling to India on Oct 24th via London using Air India.

Do I need to get Transit Visa? If yes where to apply and how long it will take to receive the visa?

Thanks in Advance!

I went to UK web site. It is very confusing. I booked the ticket on 03-OCT-03 for travelling 0n 26-oct-03. Do I need the transit visa.

I am travelling using AP, when do I need transit visa? ie travelling from US to India or travelling from India to US.

Can I go to India without transit visa and get one in India?

I want to India, the plane stops at London for its convenience ( may refueling etc) . The airline should be responsible to take care this

gcwarrior

gcwarrior - Based on my conversation with the UK embassy folks, they say that if you are travelling using AP (same in my case), you need a transit visa.

venky73

I just got off phone with airindia. She said since I booked the ticket before oct15th and holding confirmed tickets, I do not need the transit visa even though I am on AP.

venky73 - Thanks for the info.

gcwarrior - Do you have the name of the Air India rep you spoke with? Have you asked for any written confirmation from Air India?
When are you coming back from India? I think if you are coming after Nov 13th, you need transit visa.

Are we taking any risk without getting Transit Visa?

Just pasted from UK website:

In order to minimise inconvenience to genuine travellers a grace period will apply during which travellers may benefit from the following concessions:

Nationals of the six countries listed who bought their tickets on or before 15 October 2003 may transit without a visa provided that:

They arrive in the UK before 23:59 hours BST on 20 October 2003; and,

They arrive in the UK by air with confirmed onward bookings by air within 24 hours of their scheduled arrival; and,

They have necessary documentation, such as a genuine valid visa for their destination.

Until 23:59 hours BST on 12 November 2003, nationals of these countries on the return leg of their journey may transit the UK without a visa provided that;

They originally passed through the UK in transit (with or without a visa) on the outward leg of their journey; and,

They started their outward journey from their point of origin on or before 15 October 2003 and,

They arrive in the UK by air with confirmed onward booking by air within 24 hours of their scheduled arrival; and,

They have the necessary documentation, such as a genuine valid visa for their destination.

I did not ask any of those. You can call newyork office to get those information.

Eventhough I am on EAD, I have H1B extension approval notice that is valid for end of this year. I can show them at the london airport and get the transit visa in India if needed.