• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

New Travel Ban

The new order will ban travelers from those six countries who did not obtain a visa before Jan. 27 from entering the United States for 90 days.

The new order will ban travelers from those six countries who did not obtain a visa before Jan. 27 from entering the United States for 90 days.

But it's only effective from 16 March?
So those who got visas after that date, MOVE IT!

But it's only effective from 16 March?
So those who got visas after that date, MOVE IT!

The way its worded, it might impact those who got visas issued between Jan 27 and now. The scope clauses a(II) and a(iii) have an "and" between them. So - if we follow the order literally, it will may mean those cases from affected countries issued after Jan 27 have their visas revoked.

The way its worded, it might impact those who got visas issued between Jan 27 and now. The scope clauses a(II) and a(iii) have an "and" between them. So - if we follow the order literally, it will may mean those cases from affected countries issued after Jan 27 have their visas revoked.

Hi Brit,

Do you think this will bring some kind of impact on future winners of DV 2018? Probably not, because its a temporary ban, but still wanted to get your thoughts on that.

Hi Brit,

Do you think this will bring some kind of impact on future winners of DV 2018? Probably not, because its a temporary ban, but still wanted to get your thoughts on that.

It may continue to impact DV2018 winners from the affected countries. I expect some of the 6 countries to refuse (or be unable to) to improve their processes. In that case it would not be a surprise to see restrictions continue in some way for those countries that President Bannon sees as a threat to US national security.

It may continue to impact DV2018 winners from the affected countries. I expect some of the 6 countries to refuse (or be unable to) to improve their processes. In that case it would not be a surprise to see restrictions continue in some way for those countries that President Bannon sees as a threat to US national security.

I also think that in the case they open enrollment for DV 2019. There is a possibility as well that these countries might not be allowed to participate as well. For now we just have to wait and see

Hello All,
Does that mean the will be a reduction in the number of selectees in the DV2018 from the affected coubtries?..Any clarification will be appreciated.

Hello All,
Does that mean the will be a reduction in the number of selectees in the DV2018 from the affected coubtries?..Any clarification will be appreciated.

I don't think that DV 2018 will be affected in terms of selections but it will be affected in terms of interviews and case processing. I'm just speculating right now and we have to wait and see for how long the ban will be in place.

Now i'm confused , can we pay the Green card fees and Get the air Tickets and move or not?
I'm from Sudan, visa will be expired at 16/07/2017
2nd Interview was 21/02/2017

Now i'm confused , can we pay the Green card fees and Get the air Tickets and move or not?
I'm from Sudan, visa will be expired at 16/07/2017
2nd Interview was 21/02/2017

I have answered by PM already - but a better explanation here.

There is wording ion the order that can be interpreted to mean that visas issued after the original ban would not be respected. However, there is a clarification on the travel.state.gov website that says this

"The Executive Order provides specifically that no visas issued before the effective date of the Executive Order will be revoked pursuant to the Executive Order, and it does not apply to nationals of affected countries who have valid visas on the date it becomes effective. "

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/news/important-announcement.html

There are other aspects in the statement that have turned out to be accurate, so I believe the above statement can be trusted.

In other words, any visa issued prior to March 16th deadline will be valid for entry even once the ban has started. Therefore you can make your travel plans.

By all means, confirm this with the embassy if you wish.

I have answered by PM already - but a better explanation here.

There is wording ion the order that can be interpreted to mean that visas issued after the original ban would not be respected. However, there is a clarification on the travel.state.gov website that says this

"The Executive Order provides specifically that no visas issued before the effective date of the Executive Order will be revoked pursuant to the Executive Order, and it does not apply to nationals of affected countries who have valid visas on the date it becomes effective. "

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/news/important-announcement.html

There are other aspects in the statement that have turned out to be accurate, so I believe the above statement can be trusted.

In other words, any visa issued prior to March 16th deadline will be valid for entry even once the ban has started. Therefore you can make your travel plans.

By all means, confirm this with the embassy if you wish.

Thanks for reposting that here :)

Yup. The morons keep trying with these ridiculous populist policies, but their words during the campaign, and in the case of the ban, a similar previous ban that has barely changed, are being used against them. Either they are so brilliant and have something up their sleeve that we just can't see, or they're unbelievably stupid. It could be a mix of both, too.